1116 users online (208 members and 908 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 455
  1. #31
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Springfield, MO
    Posts
    976
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozoner View Post
    Refresh my memory: what was Rasmussen's street address before he started staying with Denise? Is it thought that his previous adress is where the Bear Brook murders occurred? I haven't read much about the presumed logistics of the crime.
    Did we ever learn how the bodies were oriented within the barrels? I'm wondering whether he killed his biological daughter on some date prior to when he killed the woman and her two daughters. If his biological daughter was farther inside one of the barrels, then it would at least be plausible that she could have been there longer.
    There is an address: 925 Hayward Street, Manchester, New Hampshire that he lived at in the late 1970's - 1981.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    14,017
    Quote Originally Posted by 4SAM View Post
    I am not finding that business doing Google search, however, may have to check with city directories during that time. Not sure if local library here in Springfield would have that information or not. And it may have changed names. But will continue to look.
    Thank you for looking. I searched newspapers.com and found ads for a Reece Electric in Bonham, Texas during that time period, but nothing in Missouri.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    18,098
    Yes, that's all correct. It's possible. I didn't mean to sound otherwise. But between the 1967 discharge and being in the Navy, which didn't see as much ground combat, I still think it's unlikely he saw much if any traumatic action.

    And as Alleykins said, even if it's true, it's no excuse.

    Quote Originally Posted by azshadowwalker View Post
    Also, since I can't reply to the last thread, I wanted to refer to this post http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...php?p=13576526, which suggested that 1966 was too early to have been in Vietnam. My dad was drafted in late 1966 for the explicit purpose of being sent to Vietnam, which he was in early 1967. So, civilian men were already being drafted to be sent there by that time. There is good reason to believe that someone already in the military and stationed in Okinawa would have been there. With electricians, they are often sent in ahead of other troops to set up installations. That was my older brother's MOS in the Marines, and he had those duties in the first invasion of Iraq. So, yes, Terry could have been in Vietnam during his service.

    Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

    Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk
    Opinions expressed are strictly my own (who else would they belong to???)

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Stringa
    Posts
    1,184
    Quote Originally Posted by 4SAM View Post
    I am not finding that business doing Google search, however, may have to check with city directories during that time. Not sure if local library here in Springfield would have that information or not. And it may have changed names. But will continue to look.
    Nothing on Missouri Secretary of State database either, but I'm not sure how far it goes back.

    https://bsd.sos.mo.gov/BusinessEntit...x?SearchType=0

  5. #35
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Springfield, MO
    Posts
    976
    The genealogy society for St Louis is closed today. I will try to remember to call them tomorrow to see if they can search for Reece Electric in the archives.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    3,164
    Quote Originally Posted by carbuff View Post
    Yes, that's all correct. It's possible. I didn't mean to sound otherwise. But between the 1967 discharge and being in the Navy, which didn't see as much ground combat, I still think it's unlikely he saw much if any traumatic action.

    And as Alleykins said, even if it's true, it's no excuse.
    Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk
    I think Ozoner said that.
    This is what I said in post #30:
    We don't know what kind of action, if any, he saw during his time in the service, so I don't see how we can rule PTSD in or out at this time.
    All you need is love and. . . .(fill in the blank)

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    18,098
    Quote Originally Posted by Gardener1850 View Post
    Thank you for looking. I searched newspapers.com and found ads for a Reece Electric in Bonham, Texas during that time period, but nothing in Missouri.
    That would fit a pattern of his lies: half true, moved to a different location.

    Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk
    Opinions expressed are strictly my own (who else would they belong to???)

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    902
    Quote Originally Posted by Alleykins View Post
    We don't know what kind of action, if any, he saw during his time in the service, so I don't see how we can rule PTSD in or out at this time.
    I think he was drunk and something set him off, throwing him into a blind fit of rage.Should we ever have the privilege of hearing what his family may have to say, I think we might find a pattern of DV and alcoholism, but this is all speculation based on what little we know.
    There is a link between psychopathy and substance abuse, but the substance abuse (including alcoholism) doesn't cause the behavior; it is one more symptom of it. This article offers an explanation for some psychopathic behavior.
    https://news.vanderbilt.edu/2010/03/...uences-109865/
    Last edited by Ozoner; 08-23-2017 at 12:43 PM.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    14,017
    Herhold: Killer’s story stretches cross-country

    http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/08/2...ay-area-stops/

  10. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozoner View Post
    There is a link between psychopathy and substance abuse, but the substance abuse (including alcoholism) doesn't cause the behavior; it is one more symptom of it. This article offers an explanation for some psychopathic behavior.
    https://news.vanderbilt.edu/2010/03/...uences-109865/
    Here's a little chart about serial killer characteristics, for quick reference. TR was an organized serial killer.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


  11. #41
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,294
    Thank you for mentioning the PTSD. There is far more to this then a labelling it as Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder. Its really easy to grasp for something to cause this type of behaviour. We must be careful to not stigmatise and generalise mental heath issues. The repeated pattern of this does not suggest the rare triggered PTSD act of violence. Most PTSD sufferers are self harm inflicters, not outwardly violent. Same with Schizophrenia and other mental health illness. I am more apt to see a sociopathic personality disorder with this. Sure something triggered him to begin the process, something snapped or removed his filters, but it is not a trigger in a PTSD sense. This is not an oops I did it again situation. This is calculated, scheming, and violent. PTSD is not that. IMOO

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    14,017
    I don't think TR's killing has anything to do with PTSD. Don't forget, he was also a pedophile. In my opinion he killed in order to get or maintain his access to children. He probably murdered the women when they found out he was molesting their children. The women may have tried to leave or threaten to go to the police. IMO, he didn't want to actually take care of the children, however, so he uses them to find another sympathetic woman with more children. The outlier in this theory is Eunsoon, however, because he told her he didn't want to have kids. Perhaps by then he really wanted to stop running and changing his name. He stayed in the same place for a long time prior to meeting her. Perhaps he also realized that technology was getting to a place where he would eventually be recognized. Or perhaps he thought he could get away with murdering Eunsoon and taking over her property which included a pottery kiln.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    SW PA
    Posts
    731
    Last year I was in surgery when Jacob Wetterlings remains were found. I leave for a mini trip and this case cracks wide open!

    I'm having surgery again next month so I'll be waiting to see what cold case breaks next

    Now to catch up!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The Skelton boys brought me to Websleuths
    I'm not leaving until they are found!

    - My pet cases -

    Andrew, Alexander and Tanner Skelton - Aliayah Lunsford - Jhessye Shockley - Travis Alexander - Jonathan Foster - Sky Metalwala - Alivia Kail - Bethany Decker - Sherry Leighty - Caylee Anthony - Jennifer Daugherty

  14. #44
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Springfield, MO
    Posts
    976
    Quote Originally Posted by Gardener1850 View Post
    I don't think TR's killing has anything to do with PTSD. Don't forget, he was also a pedophile. In my opinion he killed in order to get or maintain his access to children. He probably murdered the women when they found out he was molesting their children. The women may have tried to leave or threaten to go to the police. IMO, he didn't want to actually take care of the children, however, so he uses them to find another sympathetic woman with more children. The outlier in this theory is Eunsoon, however, because he told her he didn't want to have kids. Perhaps by then he really wanted to stop running and changing his name. He stayed in the same place for a long time prior to meeting her. Perhaps he also realized that technology was getting to a place where he would eventually be recognized. Or perhaps he thought he could get away with murdering Eunsoon and taking over her property which included a pottery kiln.
    I can agree with you, but why did he keep Lisa? Any thoughts?

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    14,017
    Quote Originally Posted by 4SAM View Post
    I can agree with you, but why did he keep Lisa? Any thoughts?
    I think he did use Lisa to find other victims until she got too old and could tell what she knew. She told her adoptive parents she had siblings that all died. There was also that reported sighting of TR in California with a woman and more children before he abandoned Lisa. I don't think that woman was Denise. I think there are more victims we don't know about yet.

Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 67
    Last Post: 08-23-2017, 10:21 PM
  2. Replies: 1781
    Last Post: 08-21-2017, 07:13 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-21-2017, 05:21 PM
  4. Replies: 1082
    Last Post: 02-20-2017, 06:21 PM