CA CA - Alameda Co, WhtMale UP13077, 80-90, died in care center, hernia repair, 14 June 2011

Romulus

Reaction score
NamUs UP 13077

https://www.identifyus.org/en/cases/13077

Unidentified Body/Remains (White Male)

Found June 14, 2011 in Alameda County, CA
Body Condition: recognizable face
Probable year of death: 2011

Vital Statistics
Estimated age: 80-90
Approximate Height: 62 estimate
Approximate Weight: 88 estimate
Hair Color: Grey
Eye Color: Unknown
Scars and marks:
possible craniotomy; hernia repair; organic brain syndrome

Clothing & Accessories
Clothing:
nothing
Jewerly: nothing
Footwear: nothing
Accessories: nothing

Identifiers

Fingerprints: Fingerprint information is available elsewhere
Dentals: Dental information is available and entered
DNA: Sample submitted - tests complete

Case History:
Unidentified male who passed away in Alameda Health Care and Wellness Center in Alameda,CA on 06/14/2011. The decedent was admitted to the care center in 1991.

Weird. He was under their care for twenty years. When did they realize they didn't know who he was?

I can only guess that this man wandered into a facility (or brought in) in 1991 with some form of memory issue. Alzheimer's, dementia, brain injury etc. The state likely picked up funding even with no identity. I can't even imagine how difficult that was (I would guess many people involved) but it does happen so there must be some process. Would love more info on the whys/hows he was unknown.

Possible? Height is off a little more than I'd hope.
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1015dmca.html

I'd like to know what his info was when he was admitted 20 years earlier. I'm sure he was taller, heavier, more hair, darker hair. Somebody along the way had to have tried to figure out who he was. Even knowing he came in completely unable to communicate let's us know more about him. This one is frustrating me. I think there's important info that no thinks is important floating around in 20 yr old medical records.

Yeah, that’s the weird thing. Maybe he was having a relationship issue or just wasn’t happy with how and where he was living so he moved.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
No photo
Hagop Derohannesian's profile was added to NamUs 23 Jan 2020. He disappeared from LA in May 1991 when he was 65yo making him 85yo in 2011, if he survived that long. The heights are off by 2" and weight (which may have changed over the 20 year period) by about 50lbs. Given Hagop's white hair, the ages, timeline and locations, I'd be willing to bet he was entered into NamUs in order to compare DNA/etc. against JD. I could not find a photo or article for Mr. D. I hope it's him and I hope he finally gets to go home. MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back