KS - Matthew Schoshke, 35, found murdered, Tescott, 12 Aug 2017 *Arrest*

terry67401

Reaction score
From The Salina Scoop (SalinaScoop.com), written by Terry Tebrugge (Me):

Law enforcement authorities continue to search for a pickup owned by a murdered Tescott man that was stolen from the scene of the crime.

According to new information released by the Kansas Bureau of Investigation Wednesday, the silver 2006 Ford F-150 owned by Matthew Schoshke, 35, was last seen traveling west on Interstate 70 in Colorado.

KBI officials on Wednesday released a photo of the truck they say was taken from Schoshke’s home either Friday or Saturday after he was killed. The pickup has a Kansas license tag 892-DZO. It also has a front license tag that reads “EATBEEF”. The pickup has a chrome push guard on the front and a black plastic tool box in the back.

Authorities in Ottawa County pronounced Matthew Schoshke, 35, deceased at his home at 806 K-18 Highway in Tescott after responding to a 911 at about 7:15 p.m. Saturday, August 12th.

Schoshke’s death is being investigated as a homicide, though authorities have not said when Schoshke may have died and have not released the manner or circumstances surrounding his death.

According to a flyer released by the KBI Wednesday, the suspect(s) in possession of Schoshke’s truck may be armed with a handgun and a long gun and are considered dangerous.

The KBI asks anyone who might have seen Schoshke’s vehicle on Friday, August 11th or since or has any other information regarding the case, to call 1-800-KS-CRIME.

Original story at: http://salinascoop.com/kbi-still-searching-for-murdered-tescott-mans-pickup-last-seen-in-colorado/

SchoshkeTruck01.png

Screenshot 2017-08-22 at 5.20.01 PM.jpg

I didn't see anything about a missing dog?

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Here it is...
d8b467b3bd3bdade6dbad2f3eb8bc2ea.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The above flyer was sent to me. My understanding was that it came from the family.

Not sure here but did the perp (s) take the dog or had the dog been in the truck?

There have been sightings of the truck in Colorado and Wyoming.

Missing dog in Kansas murder case found in California

“On Sunday, a dog was posted and shared to ‘Help the Matt Schoshke’ page after it had been seen up for adoption in a California shelter. We immediately felt this was a strong probable match due to markings. We compared photos with Matt’s family & friends along with law enforcement and the animal shelter; they were able to identify him and confirm this was in fact Zeus. Unfortunately, Zeus had been adopted out a few hours prior to the post, and due to Labor Day weekend things were slowed down a bit to track him down. The adoptive family felt he was pretty special too, yet was understanding due to the circumstances. We are pleased to say he will be home with the family soon!”

http://www.kake.com/story/36310859/missing-dog-in-kansas-murder-case-found-in-california

It looks like the victim, Matt Schoshke, was an avid hunter, while Colson was definitely against the abuse of animals in various forms, including certain types of hunting. I'm wondering if it's possible that this was a *politically* motivated crime?! Maybe Colson got angry about the 'Eat Beef' license plate?

Here's Matt Schoshke's facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/matt.schoshke?fref=ts

It looks like the victim, Matt Schoshke, was an avid hunter, while Colson was definitely against the abuse of animals in various forms, including certain types of hunting. I'm wondering if it's possible that this was a *politically* motivated crime?! Maybe Colson got angry about the 'Eat Beef' license plate?

Here's Matt Schoshke's facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/matt.schoshke?fref=ts

I can't imagine that the "Eat Beef" license plate was the trigger for this, those are extremely common in Kansas, you could drive through any Walmart parking lot or drive down a highway and see lots of those.

Missing dog in Kansas murder case found in California

“On Sunday, a dog was posted and shared to ‘Help the Matt Schoshke’ page after it had been seen up for adoption in a California shelter. We immediately felt this was a strong probable match due to markings. We compared photos with Matt’s family & friends along with law enforcement and the animal shelter; they were able to identify him and confirm this was in fact Zeus. Unfortunately, Zeus had been adopted out a few hours prior to the post, and due to Labor Day weekend things were slowed down a bit to track him down. The adoptive family felt he was pretty special too, yet was understanding due to the circumstances. We are pleased to say he will be home with the family soon!”

http://www.kake.com/story/36310859/missing-dog-in-kansas-murder-case-found-in-california

How lucky and how beautiful for the family to have gotten at least the dog back.

Guilty verdict reached in murder of Tescott man

Robert W. Colson was found guilty Friday of the August murder of Tescott resident Matthew Schoshke.

It took the jury less than 90 minutes to deliberate and convict Colson, 35, of five counts that included second-degree murder and first-degree felony murder, which is defined as a murder committed during the commission of any inherently dangerous felony, in this case, the felony theft of Schoshke’s Springfield XD Compact .45 caliber handgun, the weapon used to murder him.

Colson, who is from Bucksport, Maine, showed no emotion as the verdict was read by Judge Rene Young. Sentencing was scheduled for 10:30 a.m. Aug. 14 in Ottawa County District Court.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dont4get
Back