Beth & Melinda

trixie

Former Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if eithor/or Beth & Melinda were ever in pagaents? I'm curious because it is they who are from the South where these pagaents are so popular, not Jonbenet.

trixie said:
Does anyone know if eithor/or Beth & Melinda were ever in pagaents? I'm curious because it is they who are from the South where these pagaents are so popular, not Jonbenet.
I don't think so. I think Lucinda had them the majority of the time and as far as I know she was never involved in pageants.

were so young when JR and PR got married it seems like that is when maybe Patsy might have tried to get them involved. OR ELSE.....lol!..maybe Patsy did try, and Lucinda squashed the idea!

Since Beth was brought up ...
I still can't believe in the book DOI,they have a picture of Beth holding a baby which in the caption underneath the picture it states "Beth holding little JonBenet" The baby is obviously not JonBenet,I have no idea who the baby is.
JonBenet had fine light hair and fair skin,as shown in pictures of Patsy in the hospital holding JB,and another picture of JR holding JB a few weeks later. The baby Beth is holding has mounds of almost black hair and olive skin. I immediately noticed the baby was not JonBenet.

I think they wanted a dramatic picture,to show how ironic .... one dead sister holding another dead sister.

I don't have the book DOI anymore,I would love if someone could pull the book and see for themselves,and see if you agree with me.

I can't imagine JR and Patsy not realizing the little one Beth is holding is not JonBenet.

You've mentioned this before Capps and it's a pity I havent got DOI because I'd like to look at it and see for myself.
If I ever come across it in a shop (which I never have, the two books I most come across in our bookshops is PMPT and Jonbenet ST) I'll grab it and look at that pic!

My youngest daughter and I are both fair haired and we were both born with mops of black hair.

The photos in DOI are black and white. That is a newborn baby that Beth is holding (she still has her hospital bracelet on). A baby with jaundice would appear to have dark skin in a B&W photo. Did Jonbenet have baby jaundice? No idea - I don't think it's ever been discussed. Why should it? Baby jaundice is extremely common.

Nehemiah said:
Someone borrowed my DOI so I can't look at the pic. Maybe it's Burke?
Not unless the Ramseys put a frilly bow in his hair for the photo :)

The picture of Beth in DOI with a baby is not a picture of Beth with JonBenet. Chalk one up for the Ramseys and the need to have a soooo sweet picture of John's two daddys-girls together, even if it means faking the truth.

Here is the picture of Beth and Not-JonBenet:

doibethnotjonbenet.jpg

Now, here are pictures of JonBenet. Notice the fair hair from birth, and also the fact that her hair was very thin, letting much of her scalp show through:

doipatsyjohnjonbenet1.jpg
doijohnjonbenet1.jpg
doipatsyburkejonbenet1.jpg

I think it was inconvenient for the Ramseys to want that picture in DOI, yet not have it be JonBenet, so they figured, nobody in the audience knows the difference. Factual evidence I have gotten elsewhere, though, indicates that the baby Beth is holding is probably Patsy's sister's daughter Amanda Davis, who was born in 1991, not long before Beth died.

me it's very sad to do that. Because they know neithor person in the photo is around to dispute it.

why_nutt said:
The picture of Beth in DOI with a baby is not a picture of Beth with JonBenet. Chalk one up for the Ramseys and the need to have a soooo sweet picture of John's two daddys-girls together, even if it means faking the truth.

Here is the picture of Beth and Not-JonBenet:

http://s92053900.onlinehome.us/doibethnotjonbenet.jpg

Now, here are pictures of JonBenet. Notice the fair hair from birth, and also the fact that her hair was very thin, letting much of her scalp show through:

http://s92053900.onlinehome.us/doipatsyjohnjonbenet1.jpg http://s92053900.onlinehome.us/doijohnjonbenet1.jpg http://s92053900.onlinehome.us/doipatsyburkejonbenet1.jpg

I think it was inconvenient for the Ramseys to want that picture in DOI, yet not have it be JonBenet, so they figured, nobody in the audience knows the difference. Factual evidence I have gotten elsewhere, though, indicates that the baby Beth is holding is probably Patsy's sister's daughter Amanda Davis, who was born in 1991, not long before Beth died.
What's even more disturbing is that Patsy has her make-up on for that picture in the hospital!!

I dispute that these could not be photos of the same baby.

In the photo of Patsy at the hospital, this is clearly a post-delivery photo because JonBenet is unceremoniously wrapped in a cellular blanket of the type used in labour wards. We can't really see her head because she's swaddled but she doesn't look as though she's got much hair. I say that is because she hadn't been bathed yet and that her hair is sticking to her head because of the liquor.

In the photo with Beth, her hair has been washed and spiked out so that she might have a little bow put in it. Her eyes are still puffy and I'd guess she's less than 2 weeks old in that photo.

In the photo with John Ramsey, she looks about 3/4 months old and her baby hair would have fallen out in patches (horrible stage). She is sitting up on Patsy's knee and I would guess she is about 6-8 months there when the blonde hairs would be coming in properly now.

My own little girl's hair followed this pattern. I have photos of the various stages.

Why_Nutt,

Thank you for posting the pictures!

Jayelles,

I have to respectfully disagree with you.
I have no need to read the link you presented about newborns losing hair,I have been around newborns,(my own and others),to know the difference between a newborn losing their hair,and a completely different baby.

IMO the picture of Beth and baby is not JonBenet.

The only reason I brought it up,is because I feel the story of JonBenet is dramatic and sad enough,without the Ramsey's trying to make it even more so,(the picture of one dead sister holding another dead sister.),even to this point.

In looking at the pictures, that could certainly be JonBenet with Beth. When I was born, I had dark hair just like JB in that picture, but the rest of my early years, I had a full head of blonde curls. Also, the picture of Patsy and JB at the hospital shows very little hair, but what you can see is dark.

I really don't see any reason for the Ramseys to lie on this one. The downside to being shown as liars would greatly outweigh any benefit to be gained from a picture of Beth and JB together, IMO.

In the newborn pic with Patsy, JB's hair does look dark, so I could imagine that the pic of Beth holding a baby could be JB.

Jayelles, I'm confused about the "liquor". What does that mean there in New Caldonia? :)

Ellen, why, I had on makeup...lipstick and all...when I had all three of my kids. All the hospital pics reflect that. What's odd about it?

I did too, Nehemiah. After I had my kids, it felt good to look good! Plus, if you get alot of visits, and photos...

Nehemiah said:
In the newborn pic with Patsy, JB's hair does look dark, so I could imagine that the pic of Beth holding a baby could be JB.

Jayelles, I'm confused about the "liquor". What does that mean there in New Caldonia? :)

Ellen, why, I had on makeup...lipstick and all...when I had all three of my kids. All the hospital pics reflect that. What's odd about it?
I assumed liquor meant amniotic fluid but if they have open bars in Scottish maternity wards I'm heading there in my next incarnation!

Nehemiah said:

Hey - less of the "New" Caledonia - this is the original Caledonia!

Yes, sorry I mean amniotic fluid. It's referred to as liquor here (pronounced LY-corr rther than LICK-or. LICK-or would be like beers and spirits).

tipper said:
I assumed liquor meant amniotic fluid but if they have open bars in Scottish maternity wards I'm heading there in my next incarnation!
When I had my older kids, they did serve beers and stout to breast-feeding mums in the maternity ward. When I had Tootsie, you had to supply your own, but they kept it in the fridge for you. I remember being asked if I wanted Guiness, Sweetheart Stout or Machesons! :) I wasn't a beer drinker, but I did acquire a taste for it after I was force fed it for a week.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back