1097 users online (215 members and 882 guests)  


Websleuths News


Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    1,594

    Geraldo & Patsy

    I'm looking around at alot of old stuff, feeling a little nostalgic about the days when this case was so hot and there was news every day. I ran across this at The Sundance Kids website. (I love that site.) Anyway, read this and lets discuss. Anyone remember it? I didn't. (I think Patsy sounds like she was still hitting the drugs pretty hard.)

    I hope this ok to post. Please delete if not, and sorry!

    http://hellpainter.tripod.com/jbr/patsygeraldo.htm

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    2,501
    Quote Originally Posted by trixie
    I'm looking around at alot of old stuff, feeling a little nostalgic about the days when this case was so hot and there was news every day. I ran across this at The Sundance Kids website. (I love that site.) Anyway, read this and lets discuss. Anyone remember it? I didn't. (I think Patsy sounds like she was still hitting the drugs pretty hard.)

    I hope this ok to post. Please delete if not, and sorry!

    http://hellpainter.tripod.com/jbr/patsygeraldo.htm
    Well this is certanitly odd. I thought the part when Patsy said " Maybe its better for now she dosent' know who the killer is because she might know them" as very strange. I would think finding out the identy of the killer would me the most important thing to her. After all this person is a very very sick demented killer and needs to be off the streets. Then her suggestion of John Douglas being used to find the killer is also odd.

    mjak

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    24,159

    Arrow

    The fact that she's suggesting the killer could be a pedophile makes me believe it's more of her public misdirection scheme, and that it is a Ramsey who did it.
    This is the year to locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin NamUs MP#876 and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff NamUs MP#6410 and bring them home to their families!

    Parents watch your children. Free-range parenting leads to more child victims.

    Cruelty to humans begins with cruelty to animals.

    I believe in closure, not forgiveness. I'm also unapologetically judgemental.

    JeSuisJuif
    JeSuisCharlie


  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    3,053
    Quote Originally Posted by LinasK
    The fact that she's suggesting the killer could be a pedophile makes me believe it's more of her public misdirection scheme, and that it is a Ramsey who did it.

    Linask,

    I agree. Each of the Ramseys have been proven to be liars over and over again. When dealing with liars, look in the opposite direction to find the truth.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    1,670
    Quote Originally Posted by LinasK
    The fact that she's suggesting the killer could be a pedophile makes me believe it's more of her public misdirection scheme, and that it is a Ramsey who did it.
    Yes indeed the killer could be a pedophile, but a Ramsey who was a pedophile.
    Since it is known that JB was chronicaly sexually abused, Patsy's tactic is to point to an 'outside' source for that abuse.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    1,795
    Quote Originally Posted by rashomon
    Yes indeed the killer could be a pedophile, but a Ramsey who was a pedophile.
    Since it is known that JB was chronicaly sexually abused, Patsy's tactic is to point to an 'outside' source for that abuse.
    No it is not known that she was chronically sexually abused. There are a number of experts, including the FBI, who don't find evidence of that.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    1,670
    Quote Originally Posted by tipper
    No it is not known that she was chronically sexually abused. There are a number of experts, including the FBI, who don't find evidence of that.
    There seems to be quite a controversial discussion re this on this forum.
    I read about six doctors agreeing that JB suffered from chronic sexual abuse, and one doctor (Spitz) also agreeing on that she was sexually abused, but no agreeing on the abuse being chronic.
    Which doctors were these? Who asked their expert opinion on that?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,389
    Quote Originally Posted by tipper
    No it is not known that she was chronically sexually abused. There are a number of experts, including the FBI, who don't find evidence of that.
    What is your definition of chronic here?
    This is only my opinion

    Let the focus be on Madeleine




    Together we can make a difference





    Alert Viewer in Scotland

    Member of Websleuths since April 2000

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    749
    Quote Originally Posted by mjak
    Well this is certanitly odd. I thought the part when Patsy said " Maybe its better for now she dosent' know who the killer is because she might know them" as very strange. I would think finding out the identy of the killer would me the most important thing to her. After all this person is a very very sick demented killer and needs to be off the streets. Then her suggestion of John Douglas being used to find the killer is also odd.

    mjak
    I also thought it was interesting that she said that JB "liked to wear pigtails"
    being that's how they found her, dead.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    1,594

    Well

    I thought all the "standing on her head stuff" was extreme. Why not say she liked to stand on her and and she was so good at it she could do it for 30 minutes at a time? Patsy was so redundant about that, it's one reason I thought she sounded like she was still on the valium.

    Another thing is Patsy said Geraldo and John Douglas should get together and investigate. This statement to Geraldo apparently was written or said after the show she watched where everybody was ready to hang the parents. The one that upset her so much she cried. So this from Patsy after that show but before Death of Innocence. In DOI they called Geraldo Goebbel, the Nazi war criminal. It seems like Patsy is all over the place here. First she wants Geraldo to investigate, then in DOI she compares him to Goebbel.I don't know what this means other than it points out to me that she wasn't really that upset about Geraldo, until John was. I think John wrote that part of DOI beacuse he was pis*ed, and Patsy went along.

    It seems to me she has more of a bone to pick with Jane Stobie than Geraldo.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    342
    Quote Originally Posted by trixie
    It seems to me she has more of a bone to pick with Jane Stobie than Geraldo.
    I think JS is now married to a fella in Saudi Arabia.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    8,868
    Quote Originally Posted by rashomon
    There seems to be quite a controversial discussion re this on this forum.
    I read about six doctors agreeing that JB suffered from chronic sexual abuse, and one doctor (Spitz) also agreeing on that she was sexually abused, but no agreeing on the abuse being chronic.
    Which doctors were these? Who asked their expert opinion on that?
    rashomon,

    Chronic in the sense use by doctors and physicians, simply means over an extended period of time, its origin lies in the greek word chronos, who was their god of time.

    So when doctors and physicians use it they are normally referencing it with a particular illness or ailment in mind, so its their short hand way of suggesting what the temporal nature is of the presenting symptoms.

    Sexual abuse is not a natural illness, you dont develop it or acquire it like contagion. Its determining time period is once, and its recurrence may be periodic, recurrent or never again.

    So to place any great deal of emphasis on the word chronic, is IMO misplaced. JonBenet may not have been abused prior to the start of December, then with holidays etc, she was thereafter on a daily basis.

    She would still physically present with the same symptoms, and anyone who wished to speculate how far back in time her chronic sexual abuse extended would be free to do so.

    So what is important is not that it is simply chronic, but is there evidence of a prior assault, distinct from the assault inflicted that fateful night? e.g. does the circumference of the paintbrush handle match the enlargement of her hymenal area etc etc, or is it consistent with some other object, or could it be entirely natural?

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,389
    As he paid attention to the case and read the portion of the autopsy report that was released, he noted items that supported the likelihood of chronic sexual abuse—that is, her vaginal injury had not occurred at the time of the crime. It may have been done by a finger or some object, not via outright rape, but he believed it was clear that before the murder someone had behaved inappropriately with the child.
    http://www.crimelibrary.com/criminal...l_wecht/6.html
    This is only my opinion

    Let the focus be on Madeleine




    Together we can make a difference





    Alert Viewer in Scotland

    Member of Websleuths since April 2000

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    8,868
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayelles
    As he paid attention to the case and read the portion of the autopsy report that was released, he noted items that supported the likelihood of chronic sexual abuse—that is, her vaginal injury had not occurred at the time of the crime. It may have been done by a finger or some object, not via outright rape, but he believed it was clear that before the murder someone had behaved inappropriately with the child.

    http://www.crimelibrary.com/criminal...l_wecht/6.html
    Jayelles,

    IMO if Cyril H Wecht is correct then along with the evidence that Jonbenet was garrotted, and not a victim of an accidental death, including that of any crime-scene staging, then its possible to consider other theories including those that may overlap, which is my current interpretation.

    In other words Cyril H Wecht and his opinion makes it unlikely that an IDI or BDI variant involving a third party, is at all credible, since it is at odds with the evidence!



    .



Similar Threads

  1. Geraldo - Sat., 1/31/09
    By zoey in forum Caylee Anthony 2 years old
    Replies: 200
    Last Post: 02-01-2009, 12:51 AM
  2. Geraldo 1-24-09
    By passionflower in forum Caylee Anthony 2 years old
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 01-25-2009, 09:38 AM
  3. Geraldo 10/25/08
    By racegirl72 in forum Caylee Anthony 2 years old
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 10-28-2008, 09:30 AM
  4. If Patsy killed JBR in a rage, what does Patsy deserve?
    By GuruJosh in forum JonBenet Ramsey
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-03-2005, 11:50 PM