Geraldo & Patsy

trixie

Former Member
Reaction score
I'm looking around at alot of old stuff, feeling a little nostalgic about the days when this case was so hot and there was news every day. I ran across this at The Sundance Kids website. (I love that site.) Anyway, read this and lets discuss. Anyone remember it? I didn't. (I think Patsy sounds like she was still hitting the drugs pretty hard.)

I hope this ok to post. Please delete if not, and sorry!

http://hellpainter.tripod.com/jbr/patsygeraldo.htm

trixie said:
I'm looking around at alot of old stuff, feeling a little nostalgic about the days when this case was so hot and there was news every day. I ran across this at The Sundance Kids website. (I love that site.) Anyway, read this and lets discuss. Anyone remember it? I didn't. (I think Patsy sounds like she was still hitting the drugs pretty hard.)

I hope this ok to post. Please delete if not, and sorry!

http://hellpainter.tripod.com/jbr/patsygeraldo.htm
Well this is certanitly odd. I thought the part when Patsy said " Maybe its better for now she dosent' know who the killer is because she might know them" as very strange. I would think finding out the identy of the killer would me the most important thing to her. After all this person is a very very sick demented killer and needs to be off the streets. Then her suggestion of John Douglas being used to find the killer is also odd.

mjak

The fact that she's suggesting the killer could be a pedophile makes me believe it's more of her public misdirection scheme, and that it is a Ramsey who did it.

LinasK said:
The fact that she's suggesting the killer could be a pedophile makes me believe it's more of her public misdirection scheme, and that it is a Ramsey who did it.

Linask,

I agree. Each of the Ramseys have been proven to be liars over and over again. When dealing with liars, look in the opposite direction to find the truth.

LinasK said:

Yes indeed the killer could be a pedophile, but a Ramsey who was a pedophile.
Since it is known that JB was chronicaly sexually abused, Patsy's tactic is to point to an 'outside' source for that abuse.

rashomon said:
Yes indeed the killer could be a pedophile, but a Ramsey who was a pedophile.
Since it is known that JB was chronicaly sexually abused, Patsy's tactic is to point to an 'outside' source for that abuse.
No it is not known that she was chronically sexually abused. There are a number of experts, including the FBI, who don't find evidence of that.

tipper said:
No it is not known that she was chronically sexually abused. There are a number of experts, including the FBI, who don't find evidence of that.
There seems to be quite a controversial discussion re this on this forum.
I read about six doctors agreeing that JB suffered from chronic sexual abuse, and one doctor (Spitz) also agreeing on that she was sexually abused, but no agreeing on the abuse being chronic.
Which doctors were these? Who asked their expert opinion on that?

tipper said:
What is your definition of chronic here?

mjak said:
Well this is certanitly odd. I thought the part when Patsy said " Maybe its better for now she dosent' know who the killer is because she might know them" as very strange. I would think finding out the identy of the killer would me the most important thing to her. After all this person is a very very sick demented killer and needs to be off the streets. Then her suggestion of John Douglas being used to find the killer is also odd.

mjak
I also thought it was interesting that she said that JB "liked to wear pigtails"
being that's how they found her, dead.

I thought all the "standing on her head stuff" was extreme. Why not say she liked to stand on her and and she was so good at it she could do it for 30 minutes at a time? Patsy was so redundant about that, it's one reason I thought she sounded like she was still on the valium.

Another thing is Patsy said Geraldo and John Douglas should get together and investigate. This statement to Geraldo apparently was written or said after the show she watched where everybody was ready to hang the parents. The one that upset her so much she cried. So this from Patsy after that show but before Death of Innocence. In DOI they called Geraldo Goebbel, the Nazi war criminal. It seems like Patsy is all over the place here. First she wants Geraldo to investigate, then in DOI she compares him to Goebbel.I don't know what this means other than it points out to me that she wasn't really that upset about Geraldo, until John was. I think John wrote that part of DOI beacuse he was pis*ed, and Patsy went along.

It seems to me she has more of a bone to pick with Jane Stobie than Geraldo.

trixie said:
It seems to me she has more of a bone to pick with Jane Stobie than Geraldo.
I think JS is now married to a fella in Saudi Arabia.

rashomon said:
There seems to be quite a controversial discussion re this on this forum.
I read about six doctors agreeing that JB suffered from chronic sexual abuse, and one doctor (Spitz) also agreeing on that she was sexually abused, but no agreeing on the abuse being chronic.
Which doctors were these? Who asked their expert opinion on that?

rashomon,

Chronic in the sense use by doctors and physicians, simply means over an extended period of time, its origin lies in the greek word chronos, who was their god of time.

So when doctors and physicians use it they are normally referencing it with a particular illness or ailment in mind, so its their short hand way of suggesting what the temporal nature is of the presenting symptoms.

Sexual abuse is not a natural illness, you dont develop it or acquire it like contagion. Its determining time period is once, and its recurrence may be periodic, recurrent or never again.

So to place any great deal of emphasis on the word chronic, is IMO misplaced. JonBenet may not have been abused prior to the start of December, then with holidays etc, she was thereafter on a daily basis.

She would still physically present with the same symptoms, and anyone who wished to speculate how far back in time her chronic sexual abuse extended would be free to do so.

So what is important is not that it is simply chronic, but is there evidence of a prior assault, distinct from the assault inflicted that fateful night? e.g. does the circumference of the paintbrush handle match the enlargement of her hymenal area etc etc, or is it consistent with some other object, or could it be entirely natural?

As he paid attention to the case and read the portion of the autopsy report that was released, he noted items that supported the likelihood of chronic sexual abuse—that is, her vaginal injury had not occurred at the time of the crime. It may have been done by a finger or some object, not via outright rape, but he believed it was clear that before the murder someone had behaved inappropriately with the child.
http://www.crimelibrary.com/criminal_mind/forensics/cyril_wecht/6.html

Jayelles said:
As he paid attention to the case and read the portion of the autopsy report that was released, he noted items that supported the likelihood of chronic sexual abuse—that is, her vaginal injury had not occurred at the time of the crime. It may have been done by a finger or some object, not via outright rape, but he believed it was clear that before the murder someone had behaved inappropriately with the child.

http://www.crimelibrary.com/criminal_mind/forensics/cyril_wecht/6.html

Jayelles,

IMO if Cyril H Wecht is correct then along with the evidence that Jonbenet was garrotted, and not a victim of an accidental death, including that of any crime-scene staging, then its possible to consider other theories including those that may overlap, which is my current interpretation.

In other words Cyril H Wecht and his opinion makes it unlikely that an IDI or BDI variant involving a third party, is at all credible, since it is at odds with the evidence!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wafficer
Back