SC SC - Emily Griffith Anderson, 48, Sawmills, 29 Dec 2005

PrayersForMaura

Help Find Maura Murray
Reaction score
LENOIR - The body of a Sawmills woman missing since Dec. 29 was found Saturday by officers with the Duncan, S.C., Police Department.

Police are treating the death of 48-year-old Emily Griffith Anderson as a homicide.

Anderson was last seen around 10 a.m. in Lenoir. She was driving a white 2000 Chevrolet Silverado, the same vehicle her body was found in.

More: http://www.hickoryrecord.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=HDR/MGArticle/HDR_BasicArticle&c=MGArticle&cid=1128769195659&path=!news!localnews&path=!news!localnews

:( I travel this area alot with my companies corporate headquarters being in Lenoir. This is just so sad and useless! You really cannot even run errands and feel safe anymore. This poor woman was just going to the feed store and to Sam's club. This is typically a very safe area. It seems the husband is not a suspect at all and he seems heartbroken from all I've read and seen.

May you rest in peace Emily.

Missing Woman Found Dead; Investigators Focus On Suspect(s)

Murder mystery. An anonymous phone call to a Waffle House ends the search for a missing woman. Monday night, there's a new search for whoever killed the woman and then stuffed her body in a box.

...Investigators found Anderson's pick-up truck after a manager at the Waffle House said he took a phone call from someone who told him to call police about the vehicle parked nearby. The man on the other end refused to give his name or talk about anything else.

More: http://www.fox21.com/Global/story.asp?S=4340968&nav=2KPp2Qjt

It would be curious to know if anything was taken from this woman...money or credit cards or if she was sexually assulted. That would probably mean that a stranger murdered her. If nothing was taken and she wasn't assulted they should start looking at people she knew. Someone wanted her to be found or they wouldn't have left the truck where it could be spotted so easily.
Locking her in the tool box. How horrible. Glad her husband didn't find the truck and open the tool box.

I wonder if the person who made the call noticed the truck from articles in the paper or if it was someone who wanted the truck to be found with her body in the tool box. To bad LE can't trace incoming calls. They could at least find out who made that call to the Waffle House.

I hope this isn't going to be another case that never gets resolved. Every person deserves justice and so does every family.

http://www.charlotte.com/mld/charlotte/news/13589108.htm

"Duncan police plan to scan videotape from area convenience stores, truck stops, hotels and restaurants to see whether a living Emily Anderson shows up on any of them. They also plan to subpoena phone records to see whether they can trace the call to the Waffle House, which sits next to a Quality Inn hotel, Long said."

"Anderson died "as a result of multiple gunshot wounds," Caldwell Sheriff Gary Clark said. Neither Clark nor investigators would release details about the circumstances of Anderson's death. The search for suspects, Clark said, "is wide open."

From what I hear, the husband has been cleared of any suspicion and is not a suspect. There has been no word as to what was missing other than the car keys. It is a very odd case and nothing seems to point to a logical answer. I certainly hope they find who did this soon!

http://www.charlotte.com/mld/charlotte/13621692.htm

Excerpts:
Emily Anderson's husband, Jerry, has told investigators that at 9 a.m. on Dec. 29, he found a pair of gloves at the farm that his wife had bought about 90 minutes before at a nearby hardware store -- although he didn't see his wife at the farm, said Caldwell Sheriff's Office Capt. Jeff Stafford.

A receipt found with the gloves confirms that she bought them at about 7:30 that morning at the hardware store, said Stafford, who declined to discuss where on the farm the gloves were found.

---------------

The Andersons were planning to partner with a farmer in Tennessee to open a new farm in Johnson City, the Associated Press reported Friday.

Neighbors there have voiced concerns that manure ponds on the new farm would pollute a nearby creek.

http://www.charlotte.com/mld/charlotte/news/13659024.htm

LENOIR - Emily Anderson, a Sawmills woman found shot to death this month after a 10-day disappearance, consulted an attorney in November about divorcing her husband, Caldwell County investigators have learned.

The Sheriff's Office has not named a suspect in Emily Anderson's death. Capt. Jeff Stafford, the case's lead investigator, declined to disclose the identities of potential suspects but said investigators have not eliminated Jerry Anderson. Investigators also haven't ruled out the possibility that any trouble in the Andersons' 4 1/2-year marriage played a role in her death, Stafford said.

I am going to be so shocked if her husband did this. I really believed that he had nothing to do with it.....and he may not have. Either way, it is scary to think that a murderer is running loose, be it her husband or a stranger.

She was shot 2 times. I hope they can find the gun. Or the person that shot her is dumb enough to be caught with it.

Boy was I wrong! I would like to know how he got back from SC after he left her there. Maybe a motorcycle or did he have an accomplice?

Let's see divorce or prison? When are these men going to wise up and realize that they are not going to get away with this? :furious:

Lesleegp said:
Sad that these cases are getting to be so predictable!
I feel the same way .the one who is supposed to love and protect them is the one who they should be afraid of in these cases. the sad thing is some of them get away with it.:behindbar

I have a feeling there was someone else involved. Maybe his business partner or something.

http://www.tricities.com/tristate/tri/news.apx.-content-articles-TRI-2007-11-28-0017.html

Murder charges dropped against farmer accused of killing wife

Wednesday, Nov 28, 2007 - 10:05 AM

CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) - A North Carolina dairy farmer no longer faces murder charges in the death of his wife, who was found stuffed in the toolbox of her pickup almost two years ago.
Prosecutors dropped the case against 48-year-old Jerry Anderson on Tuesday. He had been free since July, when a jury failed to reach a verdict in his trial on charges he killed his wife Emily.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back