1031 users online (206 members and 825 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 100 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by LaLaw2000 View Post
    I have 7+ family members in Texas from Dallas, to Ft. Hood, to North Houston, to Victoria. One of my brothers has a condo on South Padre Island, and my sister has a condo in Galveston. They use the condos as vacation homes.

None of my family in Texas are evacuating. They have drinks every night so I suppose that helps! If the electric goes out they just have a gigantic neighborhood Texas barbecue with everyone bringing the meats they have in the freezer.

Everyone in my family think they are all 10ft. tall and bullet proof. They are not 'sceered' of anything! That is why I am sitting here in Louisiana saying prayers for all of them!

Seriously, everyone in Texas and later in Louisiana please take care and be safe.
    Is your brother and sister currently in their vacation homes?

skibaboo is offline <3 The amazing Mr Skibs, GBNF <3 Now an 'official' crazy cat (& Map) lady.
    Be safe everyone!

Hillsborough 15/4/1989 JFT96 GBNF YNWA *Verdict - The REAL Truth: 96 Liverpool fans were unlawfully killed*

Celebrating Mr Skibaboo RIP Baljeev Johal, my dear friend. RIP

Case Map Database - Links to all Case Maps I have created, and their related Websleuths threads

Quote Originally Posted by deedee21 View Post
    Is your brother and sister currently in their vacation homes?
    No, they are not and were fortunate enough to have neighbors in South Padre Island and Galveston see to shuttering their condo's.

My sister lives in North Houston off of FM1960 in Champions Forrest. She didn't leave her home when downtown Houston flooded last time. She is older and very stubborn.

One of my brothers lives in Victoria and is not leaving. The other family members are far enough from the coast that flooding will be the only issue. I still worry regardless.
    Last edited by LaLaw2000; 08-25-2017 at 06:56 AM.
    Thoughts and prayers for the people of Paris and all of France!

Special prayers for everyone in harms way and special prayers for the city of New Orleans as well.
    Thoughts and prayers for the people of Paris and all of France!

Good Morning! And welcome to Corpus Christi!

Well, Ive always heard that you know the stuff is going to hit the fan when Jim Cantore broadcasts live from your neighborhood... On the plus side, our little city sure looks pretty on TV! Just drizzling right now. It looks like tonite we will get the brunt. I'll check in now and then but who knows how long we will have comms here. Anyway. Keep us in your thoughts

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
    Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatMommyDog View Post
    No - sigh. We are barely inland and a touch (and I do mean a touch) south of the expected landfall (prayers to Rockport and Aransas Pass please), but our land is on high ground. We may be sorry, but are riding it out. We are NOT under evacuation orders. But we will be impacted - and may be sorry. Keep an eye on that thing, we will be. Thanks for your thoughts ( it's actually very agreeable now - hot, but we always are this time of year)
    I sure hope you didn't make a wrong decision by staying. I will be keeping an eye out for you to check in occasionally. Be safe!

I have 7+ family members in Texas from Dallas, to Ft. Hood, to North Houston, to Victoria. One of my brothers has a condo on South Padre Island, and my sister has a condo in Galveston. They use the condos as vacation homes.

None of my family in Texas are evacuating. They have drinks every night so I suppose that helps! If the electric goes out they just have a gigantic neighborhood Texas barbecue with everyone bringing the meats they have in the freezer.

Everyone in my family think they are all 10ft. tall and bullet proof. They are not 'sceered' of anything! That is why I am sitting here in Louisiana saying prayers for all of them!

Seriously, everyone in Texas and later in Louisiana please take care and be safe.
    No, they are not and were fortunate enough to have neighbors in South Padre Island and Galveston see to shuttering their condo's.

My sister lives in North Houston off of FM1960 in Champions Forrest. She didn't leave her home when downtown Houston flooded last time. She is older and very stubborn.

One of my brothers lives in Victoria and is not leaving. The other family members are far enough from the coast that flooding will be the only issue. I still worry regardless.
    LaLaw .... stubborn can be a good trait in some instances, but I don't know if this is the time to be stubborn. Sure hope your family all stays safe. Even flooding can be a dangerous and horrible condition to endure. praying for everyone's safety at this scary time. Keep us posted.
    "At Websleuths we take pride in being a notch above the rest. " Harmony2, WS
    * *. * * *. *. *. *
    Justice for Julia Niswender, murdered 12/10/2012, unsolved
    Justice for Christopher Preston 9/7/2013 - 10/10/2014; LWOP for Joseph Adams
    Chelsea Bruck, missing 10/26/2014, found 4/24/2015 ; Daniel Clay-Guilty Felony Murder/concealing body 5/16/2017
    Find Eric Franks (40) Missing from Bridgeport, MI since March 2011

Well, Ive always heard that you know the stuff is going to hit the fan when Jim Cantore broadcasts live from your neighborhood... On the plus side, our little city sure looks pretty on TV! Just drizzling right now. It looks like tonite we will get the brunt. I'll check in now and then but who knows how long we will have comms here. Anyway. Keep us in your thoughts
    Native Fl here! Just an idea I would use. I would have started yesterday but it blew up so fast

Take zip lock bags (gallon) fill with water freeze. You end up with huge blocks of ice! They melt much slower, and keep stuff in thier colder and give you drinking water.

No heavy lifting bottled water. Free! Once the ones in the freezer are rock hard move down to refridge fill more and freeze. In the fridge they keep that stuff cold too!

SO ya got ice, water, no money .

just an idea huge blocks of ice melt a lot slower that regular ice and if needed can use a bag after it melts for a shower doggie bowl toilet flsuh etc etc

stay safe and start freezing giant gallon bags of ziplocks!!

If ya got really big like a garage freezer go nuts ! make a crazy amount of them ! nothing to lose much to gain

Great idea CARIIS. Good to see you. Please stay safe all in the path.
    All posts are my opinion only unless supported by a link
    Keep calm and carry on
    "Your out of your tree" "It's not my tree"
    #finddani

Good luck BFMD - this storm is so big and expected to move so slowly, I hope everything will be alright for you and yours. The first large outer band is hitting Houston this morning, just light rain in my area.

Quote Originally Posted by geevee View Post
    I remember Ike like yesterday Bootsctr, so much destruction along the coast, power out for weeks in many areas, one of my worst memories though was the night it came in, the screaming wind for hours on end, there's just nothing (and nothing good) like the sound of a hurricane as it passes over you. Rita was the same way even though it was further away, unearthly screeching all night long.
    Bbm: this is the same memory I have from hurricane Sandy - like a freight train passing through the house all night long...

Be safe TX & LA. Love and thoughts and prayers.

No - sigh. We are barely inland and a touch (and I do mean a touch) south of the expected landfall (prayers to Rockport and Aransas Pass please), but our land is on high ground. We may be sorry, but are riding it out. We are NOT under evacuation orders. But we will be impacted - and may be sorry. Keep an eye on that thing, we will be. Thanks for your thoughts ( it's actually very agreeable now - hot, but we always are this time of year)
    TWC just said mandatory evac for Rockport. Expecting 6-12 feet storm surge there. Keep in mind you cant run from that water. Good luck and stay safe BFMD

Stay safe those in the path. You're in my thoughts and prayers xx

BetteDavisEyes is offline "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."
    Aug 25 2017, 10:52 am ET

Hurricane Harvey Strengthens to Category 2, Mandatory Evacuations Ordered

by Phil McCausland and Daniel Arkin

CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas Thousands of people fled Texas early Friday as Hurricane Harvey, a life-threatening Category 2 storm, gained strength and hurtled toward the coast.

Homeowners, businesses and government officials were scrambling to prepare for the potentially devastating storm. Forecasters said it could lash the state with significant rain, 125-mph winds and up to 12-foot storm surges.

The seven Texas counties on the coast have ordered mandatory evacuations of tens of thousands of residents from low-lying areas, according to the Associated Press. The message from state officials was clear: Get out while you can...

https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/hu...rdered-n795856

that everyone (and your pets) in the storm's path will be safe.

Thanks everyone - getting squally but not evil yet. Rockport is north east of me by approximately 30 miles. At the current trajectory, it appears it will make landfall very near the Rockport / Aransas Nat'l wildlife refuge. Mandatory evacuation for those areas were announced yesterday, I believe. Which while it may be of some benefit to me, leaves me feeling very, very upset for those good people there - and on towards Woodsboro and Refugio. Say your prayers for those good souls and the first responders on call. Us too, but the coastal lowlands are at greatest risk.

Obviously we still have lights and internet - and A/C praise be. The national hurricane center http://www.nhc.noaa.gov and the weather channel https://weather.com/storms/hurricane...-2017/AL092017 are giving very good information for those of you who would like to see the evidence (lol - a little humor here, websluethers )

I check back when I can - peace peeps!

BFMD

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
    Mark Twain

My elderly parents live in CC. They said ppl are prepared for the worst. Praying for you all in Texas!

Page 3 of 100 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast