741 users online (149 members and 592 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 4 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast
    Check in after you are in a safe location and have access to power. Do not use your device batteries to load webpages. Stay safe. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatMommyDog View Post
    No - sigh. We are barely inland and a touch (and I do mean a touch) south of the expected landfall (prayers to Rockport and Aransas Pass please), but our land is on high ground. We may be sorry, but are riding it out. We are NOT under evacuation orders. But we will be impacted - and may be sorry. Keep an eye on that thing, we will be. Thanks for your thoughts ( it's actually very agreeable now - hot, but we always are this time of year)
    I will be watching and checking often on all our WS family who are in the path of this monster. Stay safe!

Quote Originally Posted by CARIIS View Post
    How far away are you from landfall -- be careful
    About 150 - 200 miles. Thanks Cariis! So glad to have you here checking on us Texans! I consider you our resident expert regarding hurricanes. I followed the Hurricane Matthew thread last year and thoroughly enjoyed reading everything you posted.

No rain here yet. A little bit of a breeze. Hot as is normal. Overcast gray sky. Pretty quiet. The birds aren't singing like they normally are when I step outside.

I'm getting a bit nervous thinking of what is to come. Be safe everyone! Check in when you can. Lots of great advice from members who have lived through these storms! Learned a lot from Hurricane Matthew last year. Love you all!

Something I've always done pre-hurricane is to fill up bathtubs and washing machines with water. Great for flushing toilets when there is no electricity. The water pumping stations always get flooded and there is no water.

Thinking about and praying for all of our WS family members who are in Harvey's path. Stay safe and please check in when you can! Much love

Prayers!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by deedee21 View Post
    Where would hummingbirds take refuge in this type if weather.
    I hope pet owners use their brains this time around.
    We have a lot of pine trees. Figure they are pretty protected from a lot of the hard rain. I see them flying from waaaay up high to come in low to feed! Resourceful little buggers they are! I do feel for all the animals that have to be out in all of the rain and flooding - horses and cattle and all livestock. My girls will probably stay in the hen house mostly. Will move the feeder and water indoors so they don't have to go out if they don't want to. Oh boy! May need to make a trip to the liquor store too!

Quote Originally Posted by lonetraveler View Post
    Something I've always done pre-hurricane is to fill up bathtubs and washing machines with water. Great for flushing toilets when there is no electricity. The water pumping stations always get flooded and there is no water.
    Going to do this now! Gotta make the dog get out of it! She sleeps in one during the day sometimes.

Having taken a direct hit from Dolly in 2005 and she did stall out for a while, that is the worst part........I have a feeling that Harvey is going to be much worse, they appear to be the same strength but Harvey is predicted to stall, meander so I imagine the flooding and rain to possibly wreak more havoc.

Remember what they say, turn around, don't drown!

Take zip lock bags (gallon) fill with water freeze. You end up with huge blocks of ice! They melt much slower, and keep stuff in thier colder and give you drinking water.
    And if you don't have zip lock bags, you can use condoms instead.

Trump FEMA Chief Supports Cutting Coverage for Flood-Prone Homes

By Christopher Flavelle
    August 23, 2017, 4:00 AM EDT

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...od-prone-homes

Quote Originally Posted by MelmothTheLost View Post
    I would think condoms , upon the ice melting would not hold water!

In addition stores may be out of condoms expected to be a looong event, with folks locked inside a long time.

However if anyone has ever tried freezing condoms , without details (wait a minute maybe with details ha) pls advise as frozen condom tolerances. TIA

funny tho
    Last edited by CARIIS; 08-25-2017 at 02:16 PM.

I would think condoms , upon the ice melting would not hold water!

In addition stores may be out of condoms expected to be a looong event

funny tho
    and if you are seriously considering condom's I suggest Magnum's as they hold more water......I suppose

Quote Originally Posted by MelmothTheLost View Post
    Hmmmm... There may be quite a few Hurricane Harvey babies in 9 months!

@FEMA These generators are an example of some of the supplies being loaded-up and pre-positioned, should they be needed by the state. #Harvey

generators.jpg

They said these are going to San Antonio, I believe. Or close to San Antonio.

Page 4 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast