Hillary Swank and Chad Lowe split up after nearly 9 years of marriage

Jules said:
Heehee! We posted at the same time. I deleted mine. :D
LOL! Yours was probably better, I just gave the link, lol! :crazy:

Well, I have to say that this one really did take me by surprise. I have always thought of these two as very committed and level headed. This one makes me sad.

Now THIS one makes me sad. I really like them both, and I thought they had a nice, down to earth kind of marriage. What a shame, but at least no kids involved.

lcookster said:
Well, I have to say that this one really did take me by surprise. I have always thought of these two as very committed and level headed. This one makes me sad.

Me too. I'm sad and shocked to hear this.

sandraladeda said:
Now THIS one makes me sad. I really like them both, and I thought they had a nice, down to earth kind of marriage. What a shame, but at least no kids involved.

Me too. They seem so much more grounded and mature about their relationship than a lot of the Hollywood couples. Very, very sad.

WHAT?!? oh, say it ain't so.. :( I like them.. they don't seem to have that "hollywood" style about them like others do...

At the risk of sounding crass, is it because she has a career and he doesn't, do you think? I hate to think that way but it often happens.

Could be! Maybe a bruised ego.
Hbgchick said:
At the risk of sounding crass, is it because she has a career and he doesn't, do you think? I hate to think that way but it often happens.

Wow ... there are so many splits going on lately!!

I though Chad and Hilary had a really good, down to earth kinda thing going.

Guess you never really know, huh?

I thought for sure they would last....I am sad for this one.....

What a shame !!!! :eek: This really saddens me. I thought for sure that this marriage would last .But now looking back, it must have been hard for Chad to survive in Hollywood with practically no career while Hillary continues to pick up fame and Oscars. Maybe Chad got tired of being Mr. Swank ? :banghead:

:( This is too sad !!!!

Ticamom said:
What a shame !!!! :eek: This really saddens me. I thought for sure that this marriage would last .But now looking back, it must have been hard for Chad to survive in Hollywood with practically no career while Hillary continues to pick up fame and Oscars. Maybe Chad got tired of being Mr. Swank ? :banghead:

This is sad. I have always admired these two actors. Not only for their talents but for their honesty and committment to one another. I just watched Million Dollar Baby over the weekend on cable. What an unbelievable movie. I can see how she was nominated and won her Oscar for that film. Very riveting. She's amazing. Maybe they will work these out. Regardless, I wish them both the best.

Ticamom said:

I don't think it was her fame. One thing I like about Hillary is that she doesn't have to appear in 6 different movies every year. Yes, she has had some fame with her 2 Oscars, but notice how she receives her Oscar and then slips away and we don't hear about her at all. I respect that.

imho

This is really sad. I thought they were THE most "un-Hollywood" of any couple out there.

They both seemed so sweet and down to Earth.
They were almost never in the tabloids, unlike Jessica/Nick,
Britney/Kevin, Nicole Kidman etc.

I am REALLY curious why they split.

Could it be another person involved? Career issues?
Something must be in the air with all these celeb splits going on.

:loser: I didn't even know they were married or together and it's been over 8 years?!?! Sheesh, I think I'll crawl back under my rock for a little bit now.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suesleuth
Back