1075 users online (171 members and 904 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 65 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast
    I do not understand why they are not releasing the baby to her father.
    The comment(s) above are my opinion only, unless I have provided a link.

'They took my world from me,' says boyfriend of missing Fargo woman

http://www.grandforksherald.com/news...ng-fargo-woman

Quote Originally Posted by citigirl View Post
    I do not understand why they are not releasing the baby to her father.
    Paperwork. Its all in progressing. Dad is probably is not quite in the right state of mind at this time.
    Once CPS is involved they wont release the baby until they are 100% sure of its safety and stable environment.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco View Post

Won't even show them a photo? Seems a little harsh to me. These poor people. It's just heartbreaking.

I wish they were abit quicker getting dads DNA. Even if the baby has to stay with CPS until everything is cleared up daddy should be able to be around his daughter. Same with the grandparents. Let's not hurt them all more then need be. Jmo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm wonderful g if this will affect the baby's ability to "attach."

I've heard stories about children developing "attachment disorder" but I'm not certain of that can happen as young as newborn age or not.

No news on Savannah yet? I've not read since this morning.

<modsnip>
    Last edited by Harmony 2; 08-27-2017 at 09:53 AM. Reason: websleuths does not condone violence of any kind

That article is heartbreaking. I feel horrible for him. I couldn't imagine what he's going through right now.

That... that was painful to read. I'm just so sorry this happened.

Quote Originally Posted by FlossyMay View Post
    Won't even show them a photo? Seems a little harsh to me. These poor people. It's just heartbreaking.
    Yesterday when I read that the father/BF had not even seen her, I thought, My God, not even a brief supervised type of visitation?

At the time, I had read that the father/BF said they had not even taken his DNA, only Savanna's.

But not even a photo.

Yes, harsh, quite harsh to say the least given the tragic circumstances. Put A Rush On It!

I think it has to do with the parents being unmarried and mother being dead, baby not born in hospital and therefore, father not formally ID'd by the mother via paperwork:

<snip> Cass County Social Services President, Chip Ammerman, said “children need to be with relatives when it’s appropriate and that’s best. That they’re capable of caring for a child and meeting the child’s basic needs. So that’s going to be our primary focus.”

Once DNA testing is complete, Cass County Social Services will set up a meeting with the family to discuss how to proceed.

http://www.valleynewslive.com/conten...441794613.html

<snip & BBM> Police didn't collect DNA evidence from Matheny right away, perhaps because the couple is not married.

On Friday morning, Fargo Police asked Matheny to come in so they could collect DNA evidence from him. They took three cotton swabs worth of DNA from the inside of his mouth. Matheny was told results would take about a week to produce.

Quote Originally Posted by Normancita View Post
    I'm wonderful g if this will affect the baby's ability to "attach."

I've heard stories about children developing "attachment disorder" but I'm not certain of that can happen as young as newborn age or not.

I doubt it. Once she is home as long as they give her the love and stability that she needs, she will be just fine.

In the days before DNA, they would have used blood type and what the baby looks like to make an educated guess that it could be his/Savanna's. Blood typing is much faster. I don't see why they couldn't use that to at least decide to allow him to visit with baby. I understand why they may not be able to give custody right away, but at least let them SEE and HOLD the baby for a few hours. So heartbreaking that they may have to wait weeks for DNA tests to come back.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good. Romans 12:21

Quote Originally Posted by epiphany View Post
    Yesterday when I read that the father/BF had not even seen her, I thought, My God, not even a brief supervised type of visitation?

At the time, I had read that the father/BF said they had not even taken his DNA, only Savanna's.

But above, not even a photo.

Yes, harsh, quite harsh to say the least given the tragic circumstances. Put A Rush On It!

I think it has to do with the parents being unmarried and mother being dead, baby not born in hospital and therefore, father not formally ID'd by the mother via paperwork:

<snip> Cass County Social Services President, Chip Ammerman, said “children need to be with relatives when it’s appropriate and that’s best. That they’re capable of caring for a child and meeting the child’s basic needs. So that’s going to be our primary focus.”

Once DNA testing is complete, Cass County Social Services will set up a meeting with the family to discuss how to proceed.

http://www.valleynewslive.com/conten...441794613.html

<snip & BBM> Police didn't collect DNA evidence from Matheny right away, perhaps because the couple is not married.

On Friday morning, Fargo Police asked Matheny to come in so they could collect DNA evidence from him. They took three cotton swabs worth of DNA from the inside of his mouth. Matheny was told results would take about a week to produce.

I'm not sure how it works in ND but in my state if the parents aren't married there is no legal presumption of paternity and even signing something in the hospital doesn't always fulfill the requirement. I think they should prove it's his before they let the family spend time with the baby simply because... what if it's not? The ones who did this say it's Savanna's (and I'm sure it is) but they are nuts. I think it would be beyond damaging to bond with a baby thinking it is all they have left of Savanna and then find out this is some other baby.

Plus... the baby is safe and cared for at the hospital. The family is out searching for Savanna (I would be too), and the poor dad sounds like he is completely devastated by this and not in a good place to be caring for a newborn. Who would be home with the baby? I understand CPS doing it this way.

Quote Originally Posted by Gardener1850 View Post
    In the days before DNA, they would have used blood type and what the baby looks like to make an educated guess that it could be his/Savanna's. Blood typing is much faster. I don't see why they couldn't use that to at least decide to allow him to visit with baby. I understand why they may not be able to give custody right away, but at least let them SEE and HOLD the baby for a few hours. So heartbreaking that they may have to wait weeks for DNA tests to come back.
    'On Friday morning, Fargo Police asked Matheny to come in so they could collect DNA evidence from him. They took three cotton swabs worth of DNA from the inside of his mouth. Matheny was told results would take about a week to produce.'

So one week not weeks. But still.....................

I will recomment from earlier thread.

About prison justice
    The Turtle Mountain Reservation is well represented in North Dakota Prisons.
    They are extremely close people as a whole, and will stick together, against others.
    The fact these people are white, will make it worse, prison justice in north dakota is not common, and guards run a tight ship here,
    but something like this with this much emotion about a young girl, if there are any chances they will be taken.

These guys better hope to be in protective custody the rest of there lives.

Page 3 of 65 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast