675 users online (92 members and 583 guests)  

Websleuths News

MS - Tawana Sandifer, 15, beaten to death, Jackson, 9 Jan 2006

Jackson resident Jesse McGee’s usual morning walk was anything but normal on Monday. “I was going around the track … I seen this object in the ditch. I didn't know what it was until I got up close to it,” McGee said.Around 7:30 a.m., the funeral home worker discovered that the object was a woman’s body. “I don't know her age. Looked like she was 16 or 17 years old,” said McGee.A teenager that McGee said was brutally injured.“How it happened, I really don’t know. But you could see there was some kind of object like she’d been hit in the head,” McGee said.

The article says that her name is Tawana Sandiford and that she was 15 yrs.
    Her parents said that she was a runaway. So sad. Hope they find the killer.

Thanks for posting that they updated the article Bobbisangel. How sad for the parents.

MS - Tawana Sandifer, 15, beaten to death, Jackson, 9 Jan 2006

Tawana Sandifer had been everything a mother could want in a daughter, Mildred Sandifer said Wednesday.

"She was a straight-A student and in the APAC program," the mother said. "She was outspoken, had a good sense of humor, and she wasn't a problem until she got in with the wrong group of people."

Who Tawana Sandifer, a 15-year-old runaway, was associated with before her Jan. 9 violent death is now at the center of two investigations — one into her slaying and the other involving two Jackson police officers who allegedly had an inappropriate relationship with the minor.-read more

http://www.wjtv.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=WJTV/MGArticle/JTV_BasicArticle&c=MGArticle&cid=1137833690831&pat h=

JPD Investigation Continues
    A Jackson officer under investigation for sexual misconduct involving a murdered teenager has quit the police force. Clark is one of two former officers under investigation. A second officer was fired....Read the rest...

The sexual misconduct allegations are from 2 years before. So she would have be about 13? No decision on whether they will be filing charges against the officers.
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

This is just sad!

I hope that the cops are going to trial. Will that happen though as the girl is dead and won't be able to testify against them at a trial?

I'd like to know more about the guy that murdered her. It seems strange to me that the cops are fired and one quits LE and then this girl ends up murdered. Maybe she was murdered before that but she had to have told that the sex had happened. Makes me wonder if the cops didn't have something to do with her murder through the actual killer. Trying to hang on to their jobs and save their butts.

Poor kid being taken advantage of by two cops who were grown men and then she ends up dead.

Wilson Pleads Guilty in Sandifer Murder

Jackson 03/27/07

The man on trial accused of killing a runaway teenage girl last year will spend the rest of his life in prison. Toice Wilson, 37, entered an open plea of guilty Tuesday morning in court.

Wilson is charged with murdering Tawana Sandifer, 15, whose body was found in Presidential Hills Park in Jackson back in January of last year.

After Wilson entered the guilty plea, Judge Swan Yerger sentenced him to live in prison.

Toice Wilson

Housed: D.C.F.
    Entry Date: 04/05/2007

Offense: Homicide/Murder
    Sentence: Life