I Want To See The Gj Transcripts!

trixie

Former Member
Reaction score
Michael Kane and Lin Wood agreed on camera to both go together to the "President Judge" (?) and request the GJ transcripts be released to the public.

http://hellpainter.tripod.com/jbr/083000lkl.htm
(scroll to th end if you don't want to read the other stuff)
I found this on Sundance Kids site. Thanks SK!

They said they would do it, so where are they??? I want to read the transcripts!!!! (Stomps foot)

trixie said:
Michael Kane and Lin Wood agreed on camera to both go together to the "President Judge" (?) and request the GJ transcripts be released to the public.

(scroll to th end if you don't want to read the other stuff)
I found this on Sundance Kids site. Thanks SK!

They said they would do it, so where are they??? I want to read the transcripts!!!! (Stomps foot)
http://denver.rockymountainnews.com/extra/ramsey/0901rams2.shtml

JonBenet prosecutors stand pat

Lawyers won't seek grand jury testimony

By Kevin McCullen
Denver Rocky Mountain News Staff Writer

BOULDER — Prosecutors will not ask a court to release any portion of testimony before a grand jury that investigated JonBenet Ramsey's murder last year.

Boulder District Attorney Alex Hunter said Thursday that he and special prosecutor Mike Kane, who led the 13-month investigation that ended in October 1999, could not release any of the transcripts and would not ask a judge to do so.

The flap about release of the grand jury testimony arose Wednesday night during a testy exchange between Kane and Lin Wood, the Atlanta-based libel attorney for John and Patsy Ramsey.

Wood called on Kane to divulge why the grand jury concluded its investigation without issuing an indictment. Kane, according to the CNN transcript, replied, "I'll tell you what: If you will go to court with me, and ask the presiding judge to authorize a release of that information, I will release it."

But Kane said Thursday his remarks were misinterpreted and he would not authorize any release of grand jury transcripts.

"I will not agree to release a grand jury transcript, and there is no way a court would allow that. There is no way in the world I could or would do that," Kane said from his law office in Pennsylvania.

Wood, contacted Thursday, replied, "No one is misinterpreting anyone here. Kane should not have said that if he did not mean it."

Hunter said state grand jury statutes say that transcripts must remain sealed until an indictment is issued or a report is issued. The grand jury that heard testimony in the case did not issue a report.

"They will not be released," Hunter said.
[…]

WOOD: Mr. Kane, why don't you just tell us why the grand jury didn't take any action. It is a fair question. The public is entitled to know. This is not...

KANE: No, I'm not -- I'll tell you what, Mr. Wood, I'll tell you what: If you will go to court with me, and ask the president judge to authorize a release of that information, I will release it.

WOOD: I will walk into that courtroom with you, I may not...

KANE: I will sign that petition with you, Mr. Wood, I will sign.

WOOD: Let's get this case...

KING: Wait a minute.

WOOD: Let's get this case out fully and fairly before the public.

KING: We have made some progress here tonight. Lin Wood will release all the tapes he has got. And Michael and Lin will go to court together; Lin will ask for the release of the grand jury, Michael will say is OK.

WOOD: I look forward to seeing you in court, Michael.

KANE: I will tell the judge I have no objection. If you say that you will waive rule 6 and allow us to release that information, I will tell the court I have no objection.

WOOD: Let's the truth come out, Mr. Kane.

KANE: All right, very well.

Tipper! This looks like a case of Mike KAne being a hothead on LKL and speaking out of anger. Guess I'll stop holding my breath now.lol

trixie said:
Tipper! This looks like a case of Mike KAne being a hothead on LKL and speaking out of anger. Guess I'll stop holding my breath now.lol
Sure would have been nice to read those transcripts though... :)

Everytime I think that BC's theory about the GJ is off the mark, something refreshes my memory as to why I think BC is right on. Why can't they release a report? I do sit on the fence about all the R's being involved in the murder and cover-up.But honestly it is the only thing that makes sense and ties it together.
I really wonder if the GJ does know .

simplesimon said:
Everytime I think that BC's theory about the GJ is off the mark, something refreshes my memory as to why I think BC is right on. Why can't they release a report? I do sit on the fence about all the R's being involved in the murder and cover-up.But honestly it is the only thing that makes sense and ties it together.
I really wonder if the GJ does know .
Although if BC is right Kane would know there is no way that could be released. Yet (at least for a few minutes) he entertained the idea.

tipper said:
Although if BC is right Kane would know there is no way that could be released. Yet (at least for a few minutes) he entertained the idea.

And so did Wood. Was he bluffing?

Nehemiah said:
And so did Wood. Was he bluffing?
I believe they both wanted it released. I expect when Kane got home he was deflated by Hunter. I know in most states it can't be released until there is a resolution to the case. I don't recall that the Ramseys were designated as the official focus of the GJ so technically they would have no say in anything. If they were designated the focus a judge might deem that they had an voice in it all.

But I think Hunter was the party-pooper.

Hmm..I thought the purpose of the grand jury was ONLY to "see" if there was a strong enough case against the Ramseys to indict them.

sissi said:
Hmm..I thought the purpose of the grand jury was ONLY to "see" if there was a strong enough case against the Ramseys to indict them.

Maybe so, but I'd still pay $118,000 to read Fleet White's, Priscilla White's and Burkes testimony. Whose testimony would most interest you?

sissi said:
I think the official purpose was investigatory. There's something in DOI explaining the difference between being the "target" of a GJ and just a plain witness in an investigation GJ. Maybe PMPT but I think DOI

According to rule 6, it cannot be released until an indictment or at least a report is presented. Guess that's why Hunter didn't push for a report?

trixie said:
Maybe so, but I'd still pay $118,000 to read Fleet White's, Priscilla White's and Burkes testimony. Whose testimony would most interest you?
I'd want to hear them all!

I think Burke's memory would be unreliable by that stage. Kids memories get distorted through time - or they misinterpret situations - maybe overhear part of a conversation and draw erroneous conclusions from it.

Fleet White strikes me as a bit emotional. I think he may be inclined to take things personally that are not intended to be so and that he might not be especially rational on certain issues.

Pricilla strikes me as being the rational one and therefore, her testimony might be the most interesting one. She spent a lot of time with Patsy before and after the murder and Patsy is more likely to have discussed Jonbenet with Pricilla than John is with Fleet.

I hope that what the Whites know doesn't die with them.

I do actually wonder if the Whites suspect Burke may have been involved somehow. There is a quote somewhere (from Patsy I think) of Pricilla saying she knew something and Patsy didn't take her on (where is that from).

People do tend to be very protective of children - more so that they would be of another adult.

I don't know - this is something I never considered before. Burke went to the Whites' that day and it was after that that the Whites went peculiar. Fleet urged the Ramseys to speak with LE - would he have addressed the Ramseys themselves if he thought they were involved? Or was he addressing them because he thought they knew who was involved?

If the Whites suspected Burke, wouldn't more of the questions in the interviews have involved Burke? I mean, the Whites had Steve Thomas' ear and he still thinks Patsy did it. Your idea is intriguing because Burke was taken to the Whites that morning and maybe they questioned him and gleaned some info, but I'm sure that would have been quickly passed on to authorities. Actually, the persons who would have questioned Burke would have been the Whites houseguests, since they were the ones staying with Burke, not the Whites, but I'm sure anything of interest would have been passed on to the Whites and then on to authorities. This is a new thought for me too. Interesting.

trixie said:
If the Whites suspected Burke, wouldn't more of the questions in the interviews have involved Burke? I mean, the Whites had Steve Thomas' ear and he still thinks Patsy did it. Your idea is intriguing because Burke was taken to the Whites that morning and maybe they questioned him and gleaned some info, but I'm sure that would have been quickly passed on to authorities. Actually, the persons who would have questioned Burke would have been the Whites houseguests, since they were the ones staying with Burke, not the Whites, but I'm sure anything of interest would have been passed on to the Whites and then on to authorities. This is a new thought for me too. Interesting.
I have never really speculated before about what the Whites know because it would have been pure conjecture. However, this thread got me thinking. If the Whites thought the Ramseys had killed JonBenet - would they protect them? The friendship went sour - why not speak out then? It doesn't make any sense to me that two adults would protect two other adults with whom they have severed ties (and acrimoniously so).

However - you are right. Fleet White apparently trusted Steve Thomas and he thinks Patsy did it.

Jayelles said:
Burke went to the Whites' that day and it was after that that the Whites went peculiar. Fleet urged the Ramseys to speak with LE - would he have addressed the Ramseys themselves if he thought they were involved? Or was he addressing them because he thought they knew who was involved?

Jayelles,

It wasn't the Whites who went peculiar. It was the Ramseys. Please don't believe Fleet and Priscilla went peculiar just because a Ramsey said they went peculiar.

IMO Fleet and Priscilla either know who precisely who killed JonBenet or they have a good idea which one of the Ramseys did it. They wanted the Ramseys to come clean by talking to the cops and letting the chips fall where they may. The Ramseys chose the coverup route. That doesn't make the White's peculiar -- it makes the Ramseys peculiar.

BlueCrab

BlueCrab said:
IMO Fleet and Priscilla either know who precisely who killed JonBenet or they have a good idea which one of the Ramseys did it. They wanted the Ramseys to come clean by talking to the cops and letting the chips fall where they may. The Ramseys chose the coverup route. That doesn't make the White's peculiar -- it makes the Ramseys peculiar.
BlueCrab

Which makes me wonder even more if the Whites "know" that it was an accident and then cover up. Like Jayelles posted, I can't imagine that two adults would cover for parents who had actually murdered a child. But...an accidental death, followed by a cover up, perhaps even involving other kids (or not)...makes more sense.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back