1039 users online (200 members and 839 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 87 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Sidney Moorer "Guilty" - Obstruction of Justice Trial, Heather Elvis - 28 Aug 2017

The obstruction of justice trial for Sidney Moorer, the man accused of kidnapping missing woman Heather Elvis and obstructing the investigation into her disappearance, is scheduled to begin on Monday.

Moorer is charged with obstruction of justice for allegedly lying to investigators about making a call to Elvis from a pay phone on the night of her disappearance in December 2013. This was revealed during his first trial last year, which was for a kidnapping charge.

The defendant previously appeared in court at the end of July for a hearing to discuss issues ahead of the start of the Aug. 28 trial, including a motion by the defense to suppress evidence.

His initial 2016 kidnapping trial ended in a mistrial. A new trial date has not yet been set on that charge.

Tammy Moorer is also charged with kidnapping in the case, but she has yet to go to trial on her charge. A date has not been scheduled.

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/362200...o-begin-monday

Thanks JG!

From the other thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Niner View Post
    Anyone following this?

Anyone know what time this starts today, and if there are any tweeters for this?

TIA!!
    Quote Originally Posted by WVWoman View Post
    On the FHE fb page it gives court times. It's the only place I have found it posted.

Always My Own Opinion
    From the FindHeatherElvis FB page:

The obstruction of justice trial for Sidney Moorer will begin on Monday, Aug 28th. They will begin jury selection at 10:00 and the trial will begin after the jury has been chosen. We will update in the comments once this is done for anyone who is wanting to attend. We will try to answer some of the questions received here, and the rest in the comments as we get answers. The courtroom will be open to the public. No cellphones (can be checked at the door), no shorts, no pictures of Heather (i.e. shirts, buttons). We're not sure how long this trial will be, but probably through Thursday or Friday. The local media will be in the courtroom.

I'm looking around to find a live stream or twitter feed. My guess is that WMBF will stream it.

Good morning all! Do we have a live stream for this one? Still praying for justice for Heather.
    "The greatest crimes do not arise from a want of feeling for others but from
    over-sensibility for ourselves and an over-indulgence to our own desires."
    ~~ Edmund Burke

I'm still looking for some mention of a live stream. Locally, we're under a tropical storm watch, so I'm concerned our news stations may be preoccupied with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfside View Post
    I'm still looking for some mention of a live stream. Locally, we're under a tropical storm watch, so I'm concerned our news stations may be preoccupied with that.
    I saw that, I was hoping it wasn't adjourned due to weather!!

Ohh, a real trial! With jurors! Hopefully no friends of the plaintiff's counsel this time!

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyGirl View Post
    I saw that, I was hoping it wasn't adjourned due to weather!!

Ohh, a real trial! With jurors! Hopefully no friends of the plaintiff's counsel this time!
    I would be surprised if the trial was postponed. This thing isn't even a tropical storm yet. It's expected to become one, but only minimally, and we won't take a direct hit. It's going to skirt the coast. It will be a rainy, breezy couple days, but there won't be any damage. If anything causes a delay, it will more likely be the flash flood watch associated with it.
    Last edited by Surfside; 08-28-2017 at 09:21 AM.

Marking my spot - back in about 1/2 hour.... I think I have that right?
    ~~Life isn't about waiting for the storms to pass... It's about learning to dance in the rain!~~
    ~~We are not human beings having a spiritual experience, we are spiritual beings having a human experience!~~
    ~~Veni, Vidi, Velcro! I came, I saw, I stuck around!~~

Guess there is no live stream? It is 10am there, isn't it??

TIA!
    ~~Life isn't about waiting for the storms to pass... It's about learning to dance in the rain!~~
    ~~We are not human beings having a spiritual experience, we are spiritual beings having a human experience!~~

Elizabeth Townsend
    Twitter @tsn_etownsend
    Jury selection will soon get underway for the obstruction of justice trial for Sidney Moorer. Stick with me today as I bring you updates.

WMBF will be live streaming today's jury selection and whatever else happens.

https://www.facebook.com/KaitlinStan...61858514030309

Quote Originally Posted by Niner View Post
    Guess there is no live stream? It is 10am there, isn't it??

TIA!
    I am still looking for a link. I don't think they started at 10:00 a.m., there must be a slight delay.

I'm pretty po'ed neither has a trial date for their respective kidnapping charges yet. Inexcusable. Especially for has retrial.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Gardenista View Post
    WMBF will be live streaming today's jury selection and whatever else happens.

https://www.facebook.com/KaitlinStan...61858514030309
    I see this lady hasn't posted for 32 minutes - no live stream as yet.... as far as I can tell! LOL!

Page 1 of 87 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast