GUILTY - Sidney Moorer, Obstruction of Justice Trial, Heather Elvis case, 28 Aug 2017 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

JerseyGirl

Forum Coordinator
Staff member
Forum Coordinators
Reaction score
The obstruction of justice trial for Sidney Moorer, the man accused of kidnapping missing woman Heather Elvis and obstructing the investigation into her disappearance, is scheduled to begin on Monday.

Moorer is charged with obstruction of justice for allegedly lying to investigators about making a call to Elvis from a pay phone on the night of her disappearance in December 2013. This was revealed during his first trial last year, which was for a kidnapping charge.

The defendant previously appeared in court at the end of July for a hearing to discuss issues ahead of the start of the Aug. 28 trial, including a motion by the defense to suppress evidence.

His initial 2016 kidnapping trial ended in a mistrial. A new trial date has not yet been set on that charge.

Tammy Moorer is also charged with kidnapping in the case, but she has yet to go to trial on her charge. A date has not been scheduled.

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/36220...e-trial-for-sidney-moorer-set-to-begin-monday

11990598_G.jpg

Thanks JG!

From the other thread:

Anyone following this?

Anyone know what time this starts today, and if there are any tweeters for this?

TIA!!

On the FHE fb page it gives court times. It's the only place I have found it posted.

[emoji237]Always My Own Opinion[emoji4]

From the FindHeatherElvis FB page:

The obstruction of justice trial for Sidney Moorer will begin on Monday, Aug 28th. They will begin jury selection at 10:00 and the trial will begin after the jury has been chosen. We will update in the comments once this is done for anyone who is wanting to attend. We will try to answer some of the questions received here, and the rest in the comments as we get answers. The courtroom will be open to the public. No cellphones (can be checked at the door), no shorts, no pictures of Heather (i.e. shirts, buttons). We're not sure how long this trial will be, but probably through Thursday or Friday. The local media will be in the courtroom.

I'm looking around to find a live stream or twitter feed. My guess is that WMBF will stream it.

I'm still looking for some mention of a live stream. Locally, we're under a tropical storm watch, so I'm concerned our news stations may be preoccupied with that.

I'm still looking for some mention of a live stream. Locally, we're under a tropical storm watch, so I'm concerned our news stations may be preoccupied with that.

I saw that, I was hoping it wasn't adjourned due to weather!!

Ohh, a real trial! With jurors! Hopefully no friends of the defense's counsel this time!

Last edited:
I saw that, I was hoping it wasn't adjourned due to weather!!

Ohh, a real trial! With jurors! Hopefully no friends of the plaintiff's counsel this time!
I would be surprised if the trial was postponed. This thing isn't even a tropical storm yet. It's expected to become one, but only minimally, and we won't take a direct hit. It's going to skirt the coast. It will be a rainy, breezy couple days, but there won't be any damage. If anything causes a delay, it will more likely be the flash flood watch associated with it.

Marking my spot - back in about 1/2 hour.... I think I have that right?

Guess there is no live stream? It is 10am there, isn't it??

TIA! :wave:

Elizabeth Townsend
Twitter @tsn_etownsend
Jury selection will soon get underway for the obstruction of justice trial for Sidney Moorer. Stick with me today as I bring you updates.

[video=twitter;902167866820132864]https://twitter.com/kaitlinstansell/status/902167866820132864[/video]

Guess there is no live stream? It is 10am there, isn't it??

TIA! :wave:

I am still looking for a link. I don't think they started at 10:00 a.m., there must be a slight delay.

I'm pretty po'ed neither has a trial date for their respective kidnapping charges yet. Inexcusable. Especially for has retrial.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

Elizabeth Townsend @tsn_etonwsend - Twitter
Jury selection has begun in the trial of Sidney Moorer. Potential jurors giving their info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drury Lane