Not open for further replies.

Romulus

Ivan
Reaction score
Website
meettomy.site
France fears for girl Maelys missing since Isere wedding

_97582650_gettyimages-840197158.jpg

The girl, Maëlys De Araujo, was last seen in a children's room at about 03:00 on Sunday (01:00 GMT).

Extensive searches of the area around the wedding hall using a helicopter and police dogs have thus far failed to find a trace of the girl.
A kidnapping investigation has opened and police have issued an appeal for witnesses.

Police have already interviewed most of the 180 attendees at the wedding, which took place in a hall in Pont-de-Beauvoisin, Isère.

But the local prosecutor says they are also trying to speak to an additional 70 people who were attending two other social events at a community hall and bar nearby.
Maëlys was at the wedding along with her mother - cousin of the bride - father, and older sister. They are said to live in the nearby department of Jura.
A guest, Grégoire, told Le Parisien news site what had happened when guests realised the girl was missing.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-41081166

http://metro.co.uk/2017/08/29/despe...went-missing-from-wedding-at-weekend-6886439/

Picked up by the Mail:

Wedding mystery as girl, nine, disappears from reception attended by 180 guests in France

A nine-year-old girl has mysteriously disappeared from a wedding attended by nearly 200 guests, prompting a huge search amid growing fears for her safety.

Maëlys De Araujo has not been seen since 3am on Sunday at the event in Pont-de-Beauvoisin, Isère.

Police have interviewed 180 people who were at the wedding.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4833510/Wedding-mystery-girl-nine-disappears-reception.html

Thanks for starting this thread Romulus. I read the article in the DM earlier & intended to start a thread. I hope little Maelys is found safe but unfortunately it's not looking very good as it's been so long now. Such a cute, innocent little girl.

From the Guardian today

The party ended with guests searching for Maelys after the DJ announced that she had disappeared, local reports said.

Regional police chief Yves Marzin said three sniffer dogs had all lost the scent from Maelys’s cuddly toy at “the same spot” in the car park outside the venue.

“One of the possible theories is that little Maelys left in a car, one way or another,” Marzin said.

A source close to the investigation said “each passing hour” made kidnapping more likely than the possibility that Maelys was involved in an accident or ran away.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/aug/30/france-fears-nine-year-old-girl-was-kidnapped-from-wedding-reception

http://www.cp24.com/world/french-police-hunt-for-girl-9-who-vanished-at-a-wedding-1.3568216
PARIS -- French police widened their search Wednesday for a 9-year-old girl who disappeared during a wedding in the Alps, combing wooded slopes and streams and questioning more potential witnesses.

The national gendarme service said reinforcements were sent in and some 150 police and volunteers divided up Wednesday morning to broaden their search around the town of Pont-de Beauvoisin. Divers, spelunkers, search dogs and helicopters also took part in the search.

Three police dogs found her trace but lost it at a spot a few meters from the hall where the wedding was held, suggesting she got in a car at that point, according to French news reports quoting regional police. Police requisitioned photos and videos taken by wedding guests to look for any unusual activity captured on camera, according to French media.

It reminds me a bit of the Madeleine McCann case. In mainland Europe it is more common for sleeping kids to be left unattended by an adult in a specific area, while the adults socialize elsewhere, than it is in the US.

I think someone went in and led her out. Very scary. They need to interview and locate every single guest and staff member.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/search-continues-girl-9-who-11081244
Officers searching for a nine-year-old girl, who vanished at a family wedding, have found a hair clip and a balloon in a forest close to where she was last seen.

Police have are now hunting through caves, abandoned buildings and even rubbish bins in a desperate attempt to locate the girl.

According to France Bleu, officers fear a criminal act because sniffer dogs found Maëlys' scent in the hall and out into the car park - but it ended there.
attachment.php

The girl disappeared from this multi-purpose hall (Image: AFP)

Attachments

• This-picture-taken-on-August-28-2017-sh.jpg
    This-picture-taken-on-August-28-2017-sh.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 2,141
This case unfortunately reminds me of the tragic Kayla Gomez-Orozco case I hope and pray for a different outcome Maëlys.

Are there sex offenders locally?

This case unfortunately reminds me of the tragic Kayla Gomez-Orozco case I hope and pray for a different outcome Maëlys.

Are there sex offenders locally?

Ugh. I read elsewhere that they are interviewing all the people who attended. So scary.

Is it? I don't know.

Yes it is. I am french, and french kids are quite independent. For events like these, it would be common for them to dine at a kids table for example, or to be set free to entertain themselves. I have never been to a wedding in France were you would have a childminder or nanny hired to look after and entertain kids, or confine them to a specific room like they do in the UK for example. Kids are just left to party until they are tired and then fall asleep on chairs.

Its my first time posting here, i hope it helps.

Following too.

This is so awful and very sad. Her poor parents.

So many people there, and staff. I wonder if she knew the individual, or someone there who befriended her, was kind to her but had ulterior motives. Would she go outside and into a car with a complete stranger?

Following too.

This is so awful and very sad. Her poor parents.

So many people there, and staff. I wonder if she knew the individual, or someone there who befriended her, was kind to her but had ulterior motives. Would she go outside and into a car with a complete stranger?

It seems like it would be so easy to say, "Hey, come out to my car so i can show you something." Or have her help the person carry something, or whatever. If it was someone she knew or saw at the party, it would be more likely she would go without a struggle.

Hopefully, when looking at videos and photos taken from all the people who attended the wedding they are able to see the parking lot and the spot where the dogs stopped as well. Might help to identify whose car was parked there.

Yes it is. I am french, and french kids are quite independent. For events like these, it would be common for them to dine at a kids table for example, or to be set free to entertain themselves. I have never been to a wedding in France were you would have a childminder or nanny hired to look after and entertain kids, or confine them to a specific room like they do in the UK for example. Kids are just left to party until they are tired and then fall asleep on chairs.

Its my first time posting here, i hope it helps.

Welcome to Ws vavavoom88, it is very helpful to have you here, thanks for posting!

Hopefully, when looking at videos and photos taken from all the people who attended the wedding they are able to see the parking lot and the spot where the dogs stopped as well. Might help to identify whose car was parked there.
Very good point, surely someone will remember if a car was parked there.
This must be fairly near to where the English tourists were killed some years ago?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail