CO - Real Estate Agent Raped While Showing Off House

mssheila

Reaction score
WELD COUNTY -- A real estate agent was raped while showing a house to a man posing as a potential buyer and now the suspect is in custody, the Weld County Sheriff's Office said Monday.

Brandon J. Bradshaw, 51, of Denver, is accused of the assault. He was arrested Monday morning at a motel in Wheat Ridge.

"There was a short foot pursuit. He was then apprehended after the short foot pursuit," said investigator Vicki Harbert, with the Weld County Sheriff's Office.

He is currently being held in the Jefferson County Jail and had a warrant out for parole violation, the Weld County Sheriff's Office said.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/5952827/detail.html?subid=22100484&qs=1;bp=t

That story hits close to home. I never show a home after dark unless one of my sons is with me. Also if someone I don't know calls the office to meet them at a home, I always let someone know what house I'm leaving to show. I do not get out of my car until I call in the license plate number of the other car and a description of the person when I get there. Once I've worked with someone a while, I know if they are a serious home buyer, I'm ok. A realtor in the town next to me was robbed and almost beaten to death in a vacant home 2 years ago. Another realtor I work with had a friend murdered in Louisiana showing a house Rose insisted they go back the next day and check the house her friend had last shown, her body was hidden in the attic. The never did find who murdered her.

I'm thankful the realtor lived through her ordeal and identified her attacker.

After reading that story, I realized what a dangerous job that could be. I guess I never really thought about it before. But you are alone, with who-knows-who and anything could happen. Scary

Something similiar happened in my hometown with tragic results for two area women:

The double murders of Lori Brown and Cynthia Williams in Atlanta, Georgia also shocked the real estate industry. The pair were shot to death in the model home of a prosperous Atlanta area subdivision in November 2003. Police say Stacey Ian Humphries killed the two women during a robbery. He has pleaded not guilty to two first-degree murder charges.

This article not only mention this Atlanta Crime but others..seems it has and is happening way too often and maybe the new trend of "stranger attacks".

http://realtytimes.com/rtapages/20040927_insideedition.htm

There was a serial rapist not long ago that was doing rapes of realtor's. I think he got busted though.

The Weld County District Attorney formally charged a suspect in the recent alleged sexual assault of a real estate agent at a house in Keenseburg, Colo.

Brandon Bradshaw, 50, is accused of posing as a potential buyer to sexually assault the female real estate agent inside the vacant home as she was showing him the house.

Bradshaw has been charged with one count of first-degree sexual assault, one count of second-degree kidnapping, one count of aggravated robbery and a mandatory sentencing count for a violent crime.
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/6031345/detail.html

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288