Found Deceased Australia - Karen Ristevski, 47, Melbourne, Vic, 29 June 2016 - #14

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greater Than

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Karen Ristevski: Police refuse to say if they have suspects in missing person case

7563232-3x2-340x227.jpg

July 27 2016

Melbourne police refused to reveal if they had any suspects in the case of missing woman Karen Risteveski as they stepped up efforts to find her.

Detectives have set up an information caravan in her home suburb of Avondale Heights, in Melbourne's north-west and mounted police have searched parklands near her home.

Ms Ristevski has not used her mobile phone or bank accounts, or made contact with friends or family since June 29.

HUMAN REMAINS IDENTIFIED AT MOUNT MACEDON

February 21, 2017

Police can confirm the human remains found at Mount Macedon yesterday are that of missing Avondale Heights, woman Karen Ristevski.

Investigators received the results following forensic testing this afternoon.

Karen was last seen at her home address on Oakley Drive in Avondale Heights at about 10am on 29 June last year.

Her remains were located by a member of the public in bushland off Loch Road at Mount Macedon about 12.30pm yesterday.

Police conducted a line search at the scene today and are keen to speak to anyone that may have seen any suspicious activity in that area.

Missing Persons Squad detectives are appealing for anyone that may have been walking along the dirt track off Loch Road or anyone that may have seen any vehicles to contact them.

Investigators are also hoping to speak to anyone that may have been at Mount Macedon any time from June last year and took photos or any video footage in the area.

Anyone with information is urged to call Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or submit a confidential crime report at www.crimestoppersvic.com.au.

Karen Ristevski: Husband Borce 'a suspect' as police issue strong message to killer

June 16, 2017

The husband of Karen Ristevski is a suspect in the ongoing homicide investigation as detectives implore her suspected killer to come forward.

“The person who has done this has a story to tell. They only get one chance to tell it. I encourage them, if they are so inclined, tell it now,” Inspector Tim Day said in an ominous message for her suspected killer today.

[...]

New CCTV is believed to show Ms Ristevski’s Mercedes-Benz SLK coupe travelling north-west along the Old-Calder Highway through Diggers Rest shortly after 11am on June 29 last year – the same day she went missing.

[...]

Insp. Day also revealed her husband Borce Ristevski “remains a suspect” in the year-long investigation, adding Mr Ristevski had not been shown the vision and was likely only viewing it today.

[...]

Mr Ristevski, 53, has vehemently denied any involvement in his wife's disappearance and murder.

Previous Thread - Thread #13

Please read and make sure you understand.

Rules Etiquette & Information

Social Media - Facebook, Twitter, etc.

Time outs will be forth coming if you do not adhere to the rules, no questions asked.

Thank you.

Police re-enact murdered Melbourne woman Karen Ristevski's alleged final journey

August 30, 2017

Police have used a black Mercedes to recreate the journey between the home of murdered Melbourne mother Karen Ristevski and the site where her body was found.

They drove a Mercedes-Benz SLK 200 coupe identical to the one owned by Mrs Ristevski, 47, as investigations into her death continues 14 months after she went missing on June 29 last year, the Herald-Sun reported.

[...]

Investigators staged a re-enactment of the route they think the 47 year-old's killer took from Avondale Heights to Mt Macedon in what is believed to be her final journey.

Just after 1.30pm on Wednesday investigators arrived with the Mercedes about 100 metres away from where her body was found.

Investigators made the return journey along Mt Macedon Road before getting on to Calder Freeway and heading south towards Melbourne.

Just before 2.45pm, the Mercedes drove into Peerless Court, not far from the Ristevski home in Oakley Drive, Avondale Heights.

I've always felt Karen was killed inside the house. But is it possible that Karen did walk out of the house and go down to the reserve - and Borce drove either of the two streets where the walking tracks come out? (Peerless and Warrik). If Karen emerged from one of those walking tracks, he may have told her to get in the car and then drove out to the Calder? You'd think there would be CCTV from either of those streets, and maybe there is?

Notice that this re-enactment happened yeserday, a Wednesday. Same day of the week on which Karen disappeared.

I think the police are really tightening up that timeline. Gauging the exact time of the pings (unknown to us), the exact time of the CCTV sightings (probably many unknown to us), the type of traffic on a typical Wednesday, by travelling the route at the anticipated same time of day, same day of the week.

So, this potentially gives us more idea of the timeline that day. Perhaps taking into account the time spent by 'a man' with this type of car stopped along the side of the road - Childers Rd/Mt Macedon Rd - as reported earlier.

Just after 1.30pm on Wednesday investigators arrived with the Mercedes about 100 metres away from where her body was found.

Investigators made the return journey along Mt Macedon Road before getting on to Calder Freeway and heading south towards Melbourne.

Just before 2.45pm, the Mercedes drove into Peerless Court, not far from the Ristevski home in Oakley Drive, Avondale Heights.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/vic/a/36901077/police-re-enact-karen-ristevski-car-route/

I've always felt Karen was killed inside the house. But is it possible that Karen did walk out of the house and go down to the reserve - and Borce drove either of the two streets where the walking tracks come out? (Peerless and Warrik). If Karen emerged from one of those walking tracks, he may have told her to get in the car and then drove out to the Calder? You'd think there would be CCTV from either of those streets, and maybe there is?

Possibly so. Or maybe some of her things were dumped in the water there? To make it look like she disappeared from there. Just thinking of the water searches.

For sure you would think that a house(s) in Peerless Court would have CCTV, considering their proximity to a sometimes lonely riverside walkway. Easy access for potential burglars.

dsgw0.jpg

https://www.google.com.au/maps/dir/...c713195ea!2m2!1d144.8711361!2d-37.7604169!3e0

The earlier trip the police took in the black Mercedes between Oakley Drive and Bella Bleu (Watergardens outlet?) intrigues me. [It made me wonder if perhaps Karen and Borce had an argument in her car whilst he was driving her, or they were both on their way, to work rather than at their home.]

I'm sorry for my ignorance of previous posts, if any — I have a lot to catch up on.

The earlier trip the police took in the black Mercedes between Oakley Drive and Bella Bleu (Watergardens outlet?) intrigues me. [It made me wonder if perhaps Karen and Borce had an argument in her car whilst he was driving her, or they were both on their way, to work rather than at their home.]

I'm sorry for my ignorance of previous posts, if any — I have a lot to catch up on.

I have thought that some of the drives may be to exclude possiblilities.

If KR got in the car from the walking track there'd have to be cctv of her in the car on the Calder .... LE think she was in boot at that point ..... unless she got in car and he drove it into garage with her [emoji848]

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

I think there is a good chance of this - he knew at some point to switch off his phone BUT didn't make up an alibi for the phones travelling until confronted with the pings. People are not always very good liars, they will focus on the massive thing they need to obscure without thinking about the totality of the situation. So it's made me feel like maybe they left the house together and then something happened and he didn't think to cover up the phones travelling when he lied about Karen leaving on foot.

That said, maybe he didn't turn off his phone to escape a digital footprint as I've always assumed. Maybe he just didn't want Sarah or staff from Bella Bleu contacting him while he was out getting rid of the body. Maybe the phone rang and he felt it'd be better to switch off than have to lie about his whereabouts or answer questions about Karen's.

Also, if they left the house with Karen alive, this wouldn't account for the shovel getting dirt on it at that point. This would mean he had to return to the site I guess, which is entirely possible. Certainly there have been eye witness reports indicating this.

It really is quite wide open still, based on what they've released. I am glad they are still working on this, they are going to nail down the one thing that makes an arrest possible.

I think there is a good chance of this - he knew at some point to switch off his phone BUT didn't make up an alibi for the phones travelling until confronted with the pings. People are not always very good liars, they will focus on the massive thing they need to obscure without thinking about the totality of the situation. So it's made me feel like maybe they left the house together and then something happened and he didn't think to cover up the phones travelling when he lied about Karen leaving on foot.

That said, maybe he didn't turn off his phone to escape a digital footprint as I've always assumed. Maybe he just didn't want Sarah or staff from Bella Bleu contacting him while he was out getting rid of the body. Maybe the phone rang and he felt it'd be better to switch off than have to lie about his whereabouts or answer questions about Karen's.

Also, if they left the house with Karen alive, this wouldn't account for the shovel getting dirt on it at that point. This would mean he had to return to the site I guess, which is entirely possible. Certainly there have been eye witness reports indicating this.

It really is quite wide open still, based on what they've released. I am glad they are still working on this, they are going to nail down the one thing that makes an arrest possible.

This is interesting. I rarely have my phone on my body when I'm at home. Normally on my bedside table or on kitchen bench. So I wondered if she was killed at home did he collect her bag and phone or was it on her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If KR got in the car from the walking track there'd have to be cctv of her in the car on the Calder .... LE think she was in boot at that point ..... unless she got in car and he drove it into garage with her [emoji848]

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

Itsa, I agree. I also think she was in the boot by the time the car was on the Calder.

I'm wavering between Karen being in the boot (deceased) when he left the house, and something happening to Karen (alive) prior to being picked up by CCTV on The Calder. i.e. Karen and Borce leaving together or after he drove around and picked Karen up from the walking trail in Peerless or Warrik.

Png my thought exactly!
Computer kept crashing as I tried to post…..

….i am curious as to who is the groovy dresser in the greenhat, purple cardi, dress, slacks and sensible shoes….

Well at least they're not moccasins! :D

Png my thought exactly!
Computer kept crashing as I tried to post…..

….i am curious as to who is the groovy dresser in the greenhat, purple cardi, dress, slacks and sensible shoes….

Is that a woman in the green hat and purple coat? I wonder if she was part of the entourage or a visitor to the area who just happened to be there at the same time?
I reckon it's a woman and she's got that dude's attention....hard luck ladies!!! :laughing:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snugglebear