Found Deceased CA - Randy Cuddy, 60, Apple Valley, 16 Aug 2017

LisaWL7TR

Former Member
Reaction score
San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department officials said Randy Cuddy was last seen on Aug. 16 when he left his home in Apple Valley to go to work. Cuddy has not been seen or heard from since.

“There is no evidence of foul play,” officials said.

Cuddy is described as a white man who is 6 feet tall and weighs 200 pounds. He has short brown hair and a graying mustache. Officials said Cuddy wears glasses, has hazel eyes and is also missing his left eye.

Cuddy’s vehicle is described as a 1993 green Buick Park Avenue. He was last seen wearing a button-up shirt and blue jeans.

http://www.vvdailypress.com/news/20...publics-help-to-find-apple-valley-missing-man

Undated photo below-
fd917d4be56d56841802792f150f56bb.jpg
9bfdc6c4cd31f4543ddf00d8e4eeca95.jpg

Still missing: https://cdllife.com/2017/family-desperately-searches-for-trucker-missing-for-three-weeks/

Sixty year old truck driver Randy Cuddy has been missing since 11 p.m. on August 16. That night, Cuddy left his home in Apple Valley, California, to pick up his truck in 40 miles away in Fontana so that he could begin working. Cuddy’s family said that the truck driver never made it to his job. He has not been seen or heard from since that night.

Cuddy’s family reported him missing after four days. Police are treating his disappearance as a missing persons case and say that they do not suspect foul play.

Cuddy’s family says that is is highly unusual for him to go more than a few days with out checking in. Family members say that Cuddy has missed his son’s wedding and the birth of his grandson in the three weeks since he has vanished.

I think perhaps his car went off the road somewhere. Wonder if there are any bodies of water on his route.

No new news...Hope he is safe...

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

I think he had a car accident. Has anyone searched his normal path to work?

Cajon Pass should be checked out. I HATE driving through there. Nothing for a few miles. Kind of desolate. Plus people have a tendency to drive too fast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I share your hate! Not only do people drive too fast, but it’s easy to pick up speed yourself if you’re not totally focused. He was driving it between 11:00 p.m. and midnight. He could have nodded off for a brief moment...enough to pick up speed, lose control and go over the edge. :( It could have gone unnoticed. Definitely check out Cajon Pass, with drones if necessary.

His poor family. He’s missed two important life events that should be happy for all of them. His absence hurts.

I wish there was more information. The way his car was found, what was in it, etc. Was it out of gas? Car trouble?

Really good questions!

I'm just now reading about this. Oh my, it says he missed his son's wedding and the birth of his grandson.

How terrible for this family. They must be out of their minds with worry!

I know nothing about the desert, so it's hard for me to put 2 & 2 together here.

Since there were no signs of him in the area of his vehicle, what would then be the likely assumption? That he was abducted?

Would he have had to walk a really long distance to get out of the desert if his vehicle had broken down?

So scary. Prayers he returns home safely...

Any time a car is found abandoned, especially in the desert, I get a sinking feeling. So sad. :(

Any time a car is found abandoned, especially in the desert, I get a sinking feeling. So sad. :(

How hard is it to search the desert area where his vehicle was found? Is the land flat and open, or are there crevices where he could have fallen or tried to take shelter?

Do you believe there's a chance he could have found safety? They've probably checked the surrounding hospitals for any John Does.

It doesn't sound good at all though, and I hate to think of all the anguish the family is going through...

Questions were asked, (see link to post) but met with someone saying that it’s an ongoing investigation and that LE is handling it.

Seems that in some cases LE shares a lot of info and in others, they stay quiet. Guess it’s just the sleuth in me that wants to know more.

https://www.facebook.com/Help-Find-Randy-Cuddy-139620306778507/

Questions were asked, (see link to post) but met with someone saying that it’s an ongoing investigation and that LE is handling it.

Seems that in some cases LE shares a lot of info and in others, they stay quiet. Guess it’s just the sleuth in me that wants to know more.

https://www.facebook.com/Help-Find-Randy-Cuddy-139620306778507/

Thanks, I figured it out now. I see the comments I believe you're referring to.

( I don't do FB, so I almost need a tutorial at times...:facepalm: )

I don't like the sound of the car being found in th desert, not off I-15, his path to Fontana. That would mean he didn't have an accident and drove off the freeway. In the desert means it was driven out there.

I wonder how far off in the desert we are talking here. And as already asked, what condition was the car in? Did it have gas? Any mechanical problems?

I certainly don't think he just took off of his own free will, he missed two big events in his family life. I think Randy met with foul play.

The only way he didn't was if he had problems with the car, pulled off the interstate, got stranded, started walking and succumbed to the elements. The desert is brutal during the summer. Temps usually over 100*.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlternativeLuck
Back