1472 users online (251 members and 1221 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

UT - Salt Lake City Nurse Arrested for Refusing to Draw Blood Sample

This is unreal.

https://www.nbcnews.com/video/salt-l...-1037418051665

WaPo article:
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.b4276af0767a

By all accounts, the head nurse at the University of Utah Hospitalís burn unit was professional and restrained when she told a Salt Lake City police detective he wasnít allowed to draw blood from a badly injured patient.

Wow, unbelievable!

This is insane, she was following the policy of the hospital. Why did the police not just get a warrant? Unbelievable. I hope she sues the whole police department.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Respect to Alex Wubbels for taking her job seriously and protecting the rights and privacy of her patients. Disgusted by the "detective" that obviously cannot control his anger. So ridiculous that her supervisors and co-workers could confirm she was correct and she is still "arrested". He needs to be fired ASAP
    The body of an unknown man washed up on Punaluu Beach in 1982. He was wearing an orange Bayley Exposure Suit, purchased from Tacoma, WA.
    His identity today is a mystery, Do you know who Barnacle Bill is?

This is crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by amandabanana View Post
    This is insane, she was following the policy of the hospital. Why did the police not just get a warrant? Unbelievable. I hope she sues the whole police department.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
    More than just following the policy of the hospital, she was following the law. Police need a warrant for blood draws. Why didn't they just get one?

I'm also disappointed that the University police did nothing to stop the police from manhandling and arresting her. They just stood by and let the detective go after her. And where was the hospital attorney? They should have sent their attorney down to explain the policy to LE and defend the nurse. No one was protecting her rights or safety as they should have.
    All statements are my opinion only.

Out of control bully!

Disgusting.

Watching the video makes me feel like I have stepped into an altered reality.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    - Audrey Hepburn

hmmm seems someone didn't like their authority to be questioned and doesn't like the word "no". The police must stop being militarized.
    The truth is rarely pure and never simple. - Oscar Wilde

I just watched the video of this. It's insane!

Outrageous bullying, good for her for standing up to it with dignity.

From the link above

The patient at the center of the drama was a truck driver who was injured when his vehicle collided with that of another driver who was fleeing police
    Maybe that was the source of the officer's determination to get the blood sample no matter what, so the injured driver would be blamed for the accident and not the police chase.
    Last edited by sillybilly; 09-02-2017 at 01:15 AM. Reason: repaired quote

I've been a nurse for 40 years. In general, I have had nothing but good professional relationships with law enforcement officers of all stripes.

However, I was fired from a job because a member of LE lied about a conversation we had regarding a shooting victim. This person was a rookie. I was an experienced nurse in a supervisory position. It took me almost three years to recover from it- personally and professionally.

I regard this incident in SLC and mine as aberrancies. Wrong- but not typical of LE in general.

This has been really painful to write about- and this is the ONLY forum I have felt comfortable enough to post this in.
    Six-year-old Shannon Sherrill disappeared from her front yard in Thorntown, Indiana in October, 1986. Someone knows where she is......

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...annon+sherrill

To, me, this is just plain straight out assault, by a man misusing his authority toward a woman who was correctly using her authority.

I wonder if he would have been such a bully if it were a male doctor who would not give him permission.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast