1115 users online (187 members and 928 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Watching the fire rage at a chemical plant in Crosby, Texas right now! Ugh! Just ugh!

A massive fire has broken out once again at a chemical plant owned by Arkema Inc. in Crosby, Texas, that was flooded by Hurricane Harvey earlier this week.

The chemical plant has lost power and refrigeration capabilities due to Harvey and its aftermath, causing organic peroxides stored in containers at the facility to become unstable and break down as they are exposed to the Texas heat.

Around 5:05 p.m. local time, workers at the Harris County Emergency Operation Center observed "multiple dark plumes of smoke" coming from the plant, Arkema said in a statement.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/texas-chemi...ry?id=49548581

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk
    "The truth is rarely pure and never simple" - Oscar Wilde

In my opinion....speculation

Oh my gosh!! What a mess!!!!! They are having a presser!

When Will Flood Waters Recede ?

They're so cute!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bootsctr View Post
    Evening everybody! Still looks very dire doesn't it? Mayor telling folks to leave their homes. My husband had a doctor appointment today. There was a man there from Beaumont. He said it was bad. He did not know when he would be able to go back to his home. He said the creeks were still rising.

At a red light, there were several Red Cross vans that passed going west. One had Charlottesville, VA and then the next one said South Carolina. There was one more that I missed where it was from.

In the Walmart parking lot, people were selling barbecue and profits said to be going to benefit Harvey victims. Several vehicles that appeared to be loaded with items that people must have loaded in a mad dash to get out.

Sigh. I hope we hear from BigFatMommyDog!
    Hi Bootsctr! How are you doing? This is crazy! It seems like it's never going to end. We have, I think, around 200 evacuees staying in one hotel here in my small town. They are using the lobby as a shopping closet. Free of course. We take clothes and other items and leave them in the lobby and they get to choose what they want. The kids love "shopping" for a toy. The hotel is providing a home cooked meal every day and are encouraging people to bring meals or dishes. This is only an example of one hotel. We have a couple more but have not heard what they are doing or how many evacuees they have. I feel for these people. No idea when they will get to go home and may not even have a home to go to. I hope they feel some comfort here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Harvey causes flooding in Tennessee : (

Quote Originally Posted by totesmagoat View Post
    Hi Bootsctr! How are you doing? This is crazy! It seems like it's never going to end. We have, I think, around 200 evacuees staying in one hotel here in my small town. They are using the lobby as a shopping closet. Free of course. We take clothes and other items and leave them in the lobby and they get to choose what they want. The kids love "shopping" for a toy. The hotel is providing a home cooked meal every day and are encouraging people to bring meals or dishes. This is only an example of one hotel. We have a couple more but have not heard what they are doing or how many evacuees they have. I feel for these people. No idea when they will get to go home and may not even have a home to go to. I hope they feel some comfort here.

Great to see you Totes! You are doing some amazing work there! You know those kiddos are loving shopping for a toy! It will take their minds off the storm trauma! 200 people is a lot. I know they are very grateful to be dry and have a soft bed to sleep in at night. Warms my heart! Home-cooked meals go a long way in helping comfort people too! It seems everything as far as people being able to return to what is left of their homes is still up in the air for the time being. #TexasStrong

Are y'all receiving any donations from outside Katy? I just wondered if Red Cross or other organizations were bring in supplies?

Quote Originally Posted by Bootsctr View Post
    Great to see you Totes! You are doing some amazing work there! You know those kiddos are loving shopping for a toy! It will take their minds off the storm trauma! 200 people is a lot. I know they are very grateful to be dry and have a soft bed to sleep in at night. Warms my heart! Home-cooked meals go a long way in helping comfort people too! It seems everything as far as people being able to return to what is left of their homes is still up in the air for the time being. #TexasStrong

Are y'all receiving any donations from outside Katy? I just wondered if Red Cross or other organizations were bring in supplies?
    I'm not sure. We have so many people collecting items for various areas that have been affected.

Where I am located didn't have too much damage. Most of ours was wind damage and not water. I don't even think we had any houses flood. My moms area was where I was concerned about the flooding. Her house didn't flood but the roof did leak.

I have friends who have a vacation house somewhere where the flooding was bad, can't remember exactly where. They showed me pics of the water line and all the debris. Electric lines wrapped around satellites and dangling. But the house was still standing and had only one small portion of the outer wall damaged so mostly just a clean up job.

200 and that's just one hotel! I can't even imagine!

Quote Originally Posted by tarabull View Post
    Anyone watching CNN...???

LIVE from the Chemical Plant Fire.

A trickle of smoke now a raging inferno in the last 30 mins....no firefighters in sight.

They are asking can crews even get to the fire???
    Local firefighter rarely put these kind of chemical fires out. They know very little to nothing about the make up of the chemicals that are on fire or, what can and cannot be done.

Imo, the company will not send anyone in at this time and will go in afterwards with a chemical expert hazmat team after the fires have burned themselves out.

Imo, like in most instances they will let the fires burn themselves out. Many of these type of chemicals will burns up shortly after when it hits the air.

IMO
    "Pardon Our Noise, It's the Sound of Freedom" USMC New River Air Station, Jacksonville, North Carolina

OH my! Yes, the electrical lines down and dangling scare me the most! I'm so thankful your mom's house didn't flood! Y'all have gas and clean water?

Crockett had a "stuff the bus" and my mother-in-law took some clothes and school supplies for that event. Not sure exactly where the bus is headed. Just stated coordinated areas in the Harvey damage zone.

200 people in one hotel is a lot! I bet most hotels are filled to capacity with people who had to evacuate.

Keep us updated! I love hearing these stories!

Quote Originally Posted by gregjrichards View Post
    "A man who fled his Texas home as Hurricane Harvey wreaked havoc on his neighborhood returned home to find an alligator in his dining room.

Brian Foster arrived at his Humble, Texas, home on Friday to survey the damage caused by the record-breaking rain brought on by the storm.

As he looked around the home with a rescue crew, he saw the 9ft alligator crawling along the floor.

He immediately called the police so the beast could be removed. Officers taped the gator's mouth shut so it could be taken away."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz4rSmdu7SJ

I'd have a fit if I found that in my house there are so many hazards and dangers to deal with I can't imagine how hard it must be.
    Whoa!.... uh, uh not me! I'm outta there. Don't want to live where alligators might be in my house!

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast