806 users online (115 members and 691 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 138
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    5,147
    Quote Originally Posted by Springrain View Post
    Yikes! I like most reptiles but man, if I saw a gator in my house, I'd pee my pants. Unless it was a baby. I think baby alligators are so cute!

    Really worried about geevee and BigFatMommyDog. Both of their last posts were on the 28th.
    I hope and pray geevee and BigFatMommyDog are ok I hope they check in soon.
    The man in my avatar may have killed two innocent teenagers Abigail Williams and Liberty German. If you know who he is Please call the tip line. There is a reward of $250,000 - Tel- 844.459.5786 or email: abbyandlibbytip@cacoshrf.com

    The dead cannot cry out for justice. It is a duty of the living to do so for them. Lois McMaster Bujold.

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Piney Woods
    Posts
    8,187
    Quote Originally Posted by gregjrichards View Post
    "The heartbreaking reality of Hurricane Harvey is setting in for Texans who have returned home to find all of their belongings destroyed by the storm.

    House by house, they are tossing their ruined belongings in to the street to be taken away. Where just days ago lay up to 5ft of water now stand rows of battered furniture, clothes and precious personal items, all of which have been taken to pieces.

    Footage of just a few streets in Dickinson, a suburb in southwest Houston with around 18,000 residents, paint a devastating picture. It is among the worst affected areas of the city.

    Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz4rXuzngws

    I'm so sorry it must be devastating.
    Thank you Greg! Daily Mail always has the best pictures and especially the pictures of Harvey's devastation need no words to show what residents are having to do to reclaim their homes. I appreciate that people are literally pulling themselves up by their bootstraps to "get 'r done!" Looks like many have already stripped the dry wall off! You gotta do what you gotta do! Somebody has a sense of humor with the "Yard Of The Month' signage! lol!

    I cringe every time I see someone wading through the water. Mosquitoes will have a field day.

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Piney Woods
    Posts
    8,187
    Quote Originally Posted by gregjrichards View Post
    I hope and pray geevee and BigFatMommyDog are ok I hope they check in soon.
    Me too! Totesmagoat was on last night! Hopes said she had spoken to geevee.

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Piney Woods
    Posts
    8,187

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Piney Woods
    Posts
    8,187

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Piney Woods
    Posts
    8,187

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Piney Woods
    Posts
    8,187

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    154
    Today was a sad day. My supervisor had a meeting this morning saying we were getting some help in. The new girl is from Rockport. She is an evacuee. As I was leaving the building i saw her break down crying, the look on her face brought me back to the day I lost my son. She was lost, helpless, and hopeless. In complete and total shock. I told one of my coworkers that she isn't ready to be back at work especially in a strange place. I was crying as I was talking to my coworker. I don't know if I can do this. Heartbroken. She evacuated with 11 members of her family. And we may have more coming to work. They need time. I know some will say that's it better to get back to work to have your mind on something else. I disagree. You have to be able to process the loss. I was heavily medicated after my son died. I didn't process it for quite awhile. Still haven't. I just wish there was a way to buy her more time to deal with her grief. I don't know what all she lost and I'm not going to ask her. I will try to give her a sense of normalcy which I do think she needs. I know I needed it. I needed people to talk to me about anything but loss. Normal conversation. I hope this makes sense. I'm a blubbering mess right now.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Piney Woods
    Posts
    8,187
    Oh Totes! You make perfect sense! Rockport was ground zero! Of course as I look at the damage on TV, it looks like ground zero was a huge portion of South Texas. Your co-worker is very lucky to have you in her life! Your instincts will help you know what to do and what to say! I too lost my only son. Drugs numb the pain, but they wear off and then you have real life. I can only give virtual hugs. Time will help, but right now the pain is so sharp and stabbing it is hard to believe you will ever be in a place where your heart doesn't ache. We're hear to listen. I know many of us have been in the same boat and have lost loved ones. This hurricane has taken so much from thousands and heaped a helluva lot of emotions on everyone. I get that you want to talk about anything, but what has been taken.

    I saw one story where a lady had taken in 8 evacuees. They were not all from one family! She is the kindest soul! She said they were "making it work" and I know you will help your co-worker get thru this too. We're here for you!

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    414
    Quote Originally Posted by totesmagoat View Post
    Today was a sad day. My supervisor had a meeting this morning saying we were getting some help in. The new girl is from Rockport. She is an evacuee. As I was leaving the building i saw her break down crying, the look on her face brought me back to the day I lost my son. She was lost, helpless, and hopeless. In complete and total shock. I told one of my coworkers that she isn't ready to be back at work especially in a strange place. I was crying as I was talking to my coworker. I don't know if I can do this. Heartbroken. She evacuated with 11 members of her family. And we may have more coming to work. They need time. I know some will say that's it better to get back to work to have your mind on something else. I disagree. You have to be able to process the loss. I was heavily medicated after my son died. I didn't process it for quite awhile. Still haven't. I just wish there was a way to buy her more time to deal with her grief. I don't know what all she lost and I'm not going to ask her. I will try to give her a sense of normalcy which I do think she needs. I know I needed it. I needed people to talk to me about anything but loss. Normal conversation. I hope this makes sense. I'm a blubbering mess right now.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Oh, totesmagoat, my heart goes out to you! So sorry you lost your son. That's the worst pain a parent can ever go through. Can't imagine how you got through it, or how that daily pain of his loss must hurt all the time.

    Now, although the cause of her pain is different, you're seeing your own devastating grief, reflected in hers.

    I believe you're absolutely on the mark about her needing more time to process her loss. You realize she needs the lifeline of connecting with other people to re-establish some sense of normalcy, but not by forcing her back to work so soon.

    You are remarkably intuitive. So in tune with her emotions.

    But I'm really sorry you're having to deal with all this on top of your own pain when you're trying to find your own footing with such terrible grief.

    I hope there is someone you can talk to about all of this. Many employers offer counseling services through the employee benefits program. They might be able to help you try to sort through some of this.

    I just got an email from a dear friend who lost his 20 year old son 17 years ago. The 29th of August was the anniversary of his death, and I had sent him a 'remembering, and thinking of you' message that day.

    These were the words he wrote back, "Grief is the price of love, the stronger the love, the greater the grief."

    totesmagoat, I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers as you go through this. Please keep us posted...
    Last edited by JazzTune; 09-02-2017 at 07:26 PM. Reason: typo


  11. #56
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    414
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootsctr View Post
    Oh Totes! You make perfect sense! Rockport was ground zero! Of course as I look at the damage on TV, it looks like ground zero was a huge portion of South Texas. Your co-worker is very lucky to have you in her life! Your instincts will help you know what to do and what to say! I too lost my only son. Drugs numb the pain, but they wear off and then you have real life. I can only give virtual hugs. Time will help, but right now the pain is so sharp and stabbing it is hard to believe you will ever be in a place where your heart doesn't ache. We're hear to listen. I know many of us have been in the same boat and have lost loved ones. This hurricane has taken so much from thousands and heaped a helluva lot of emotions on everyone. I get that you want to talk about anything, but what has been taken.

    I saw one story where a lady had taken in 8 evacuees. They were not all from one family! She is the kindest soul! She said they were "making it work" and I know you will help your co-worker get thru this too. We're here for you!
    Bootsctr, you lost your son too?! Can't imagine what you've been through either. Yet, here you are, writing the kindest and most caring message to totesmagoat.

    Not only does my heart go out to you, but my hat is off to you as well. Beautiful soul you have!

    WS is truly blessed to have you here. Please keep posting..

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    4,713
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootsctr View Post
    Evening everybody! Still looks very dire doesn't it? Mayor telling folks to leave their homes. My husband had a doctor appointment today. There was a man there from Beaumont. He said it was bad. He did not know when he would be able to go back to his home. He said the creeks were still rising.

    At a red light, there were several Red Cross vans that passed going west. One had Charlottesville, VA and then the next one said South Carolina. There was one more that I missed where it was from.

    In the Walmart parking lot, people were selling barbecue and profits said to be going to benefit Harvey victims. Several vehicles that appeared to be loaded with items that people must have loaded in a mad dash to get out.

    Sigh. I hope we hear from BigFatMommyDog!
    Glad you're okay Boots!
    Let me live, so when it's time to die, even the Reaper cries. . . ~ RHCP

    (Unless there's a link, it's just a my own 2˘.)

    ​Note: My "r" key is still sticking off and on. Thanks for your cont'd. patience.


  13. #58
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Piney Woods
    Posts
    8,187
    Thank you for the kind words Jazz! I have met the nicest people here at Websleuths! Y'all are my support group! Kindred spirits you are!

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    154

    Hurricane Harvey #2

    Bootsctr and JazzTune thank you so much! I went to a psychiatrist after my son passed. She wants me to go to counseling. I'm more of a bottle it up until it explodes type person. I took myself off all meds and am trying to handle it all myself. But today threw me for a loop. And Anniversary days. And birthdays. And holidays. I made really bad decisions after he passed and now I'm dealing with those. But, hey, at least I'm dealing with them right? I have two more kids that I have to consider. And they are the only reason I am still here.

    I guess that's why I hate that she was made to go to work too soon. Ok, don't know if she was made to come back or if she thought it might help. But I was kinda forced so that's tainting my thinking. I hope to get to know her better. Today was her first day at our office and I'm sure it was overwhelming. I wish they would have just quietly brought her in but no they had to tell us her story and tell us (grown adults) to be nice and to help her. I'm pretty sure we could have figured that out on our own...well some of us anyways. She should be able to tell her own story and only to people she feels comfortable with.

    Anyways I'm still concerned that we haven't heard from some people! I hope they check in soon! Please be safe!



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by totesmagoat; 09-02-2017 at 08:43 PM.

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    5,147
    "Thousands of Texans may finally be able to return to their flood-ravaged properties in the wake of Hurricane Harvey.

    But for the more than 1,500 four-legged evacuees crammed into the state's largest animal rescue center there are simply no homes for them to go back to.
    Austin Pets Alive! has become the last refuge for hundreds of stray or abandoned cats and dogs that were plucked from danger from flooded neighborhoods and animal shelters across southeast Texas.

    Their staff have toiled day and night with thousands of volunteers to coordinate rescue efforts and bring the homeless critters back to their Austin headquarters.

    Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz4rZXHUzh5

    Warning pictures of cute animals you will want to give a home at link.

    IMG_0151.JPG

    IMG_0152.JPG
    The man in my avatar may have killed two innocent teenagers Abigail Williams and Liberty German. If you know who he is Please call the tip line. There is a reward of $250,000 - Tel- 844.459.5786 or email: abbyandlibbytip@cacoshrf.com

    The dead cannot cry out for justice. It is a duty of the living to do so for them. Lois McMaster Bujold.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Hurricane Harvey - August 2017
    By Coldpizza in forum Weather
    Replies: 1488
    Last Post: 09-01-2017, 03:12 PM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-28-2017, 01:26 AM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-23-2016, 12:42 AM