1118 users online (219 members and 899 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Oh Greg! That is a great article! Everyone gets a name too! Adorable fur babies! I would definitely leave with 1 or 2 or 3...

In the event an animal doesn't have a name he or she is quickly given one by staff, who try not to give any two residents the same name.

A glance around the cattery section of the shelter provides ample examples of the staff's imagination: Ziplock and Twitter are purring contently in their cages while their neighbor Amazon tucks into his dinner.

There's also a Flea-once and a Swiffer McPuddles.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz4raAcS25r
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by totesmagoat View Post
    Bootsctr and JazzTune thank you so much! I went to a psychiatrist after my son passed. She wants me to go to counseling. I'm more of a bottle it up until it explodes type person. I took myself off all meds and am trying to handle it all myself. But today threw me for a loop. And Anniversary days. And birthdays. And holidays. I made really bad decisions after he passed and now I'm dealing with those. But, hey, at least I'm dealing with them right? I have two more kids that I have to consider. And they are the only reason I am still here.

I guess that's why I hate that she was made to go to work too soon. Ok, don't know if she was made to come back or if she thought it might help. But I was kinda forced so that's tainting my thinking. I hope to get to know her better. Today was her first day at our office and I'm sure it was overwhelming. I wish they would have just quietly brought her in but no they had to tell us her story and tell us (grown adults) to be nice and to help her. I'm pretty sure we could have figured that out on our own...well some of us anyways. She should be able to tell her own story and only to people she feels comfortable with.

Anyways I'm still concerned that we haven't heard from some people! I hope they check in soon! Please be safe!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Counseling does help. Maybe just keep your medical doctor in the know about what you're dealing with. Harvey has put a heap of new problems on your plates for the coming weeks and months. I definitely understand. I was in auto-drive for a long time in regards to holidays and birthdays.

I agree about your co-worker maybe coming back to work too soon. And yes, you are all adults so I have no doubt you would know how to handle the situation. I thought work would take my mind off my problems, but I think it just allowed me to not think about the past and maybe not grieve properly. I postponed the inevitable.

I'm worried about BFMD! She's in Corpus. Everyone be safe and check in when you can.

I totally love my WS friends. even though most of us have been through some kind of deeply traumatic event, we still share an enormous outpouring of compassion, love, understanding, caring, all things good for the heart and soul. boots and totes, I am deeply sorry you have each lost a child and the wounds come off at times like this. I wish I had better ways to send comfort to you. just know I care so very much and wish you peace.

Missing some of out members here ... I do hope they are safe and will be able to check in soon.
    "At Websleuths we take pride in being a notch above the rest. " Harmony2, WS
    * *. * * *. *. *. *
    Justice for Julia Niswender, murdered 12/10/2012, unsolved
    Justice for Christopher Preston 9/7/2013 - 10/10/2014; LWOP for Joseph Adams
    Chelsea Bruck, missing 10/26/2014, found 4/24/2015 ; Daniel Clay-Guilty Felony Murder/concealing body 5/16/2017
    Find Eric Franks (40) Missing from Bridgeport, MI since March 2011

Quote Originally Posted by gregjrichards View Post
    "Thousands of Texans may finally be able to return to their flood-ravaged properties in the wake of Hurricane Harvey.

But for the more than 1,500 four-legged evacuees crammed into the state's largest animal rescue center there are simply no homes for them to go back to.
    Austin Pets Alive! has become the last refuge for hundreds of stray or abandoned cats and dogs that were plucked from danger from flooded neighborhoods and animal shelters across southeast Texas.

Their staff have toiled day and night with thousands of volunteers to coordinate rescue efforts and bring the homeless critters back to their Austin headquarters.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz4rZXHUzh5

Warning pictures of cute animals you will want to give a home at link.

Those poor babies. Wish I could rescue and cuddle them all, especially the tiny orange kitten
    Last edited by Springrain; 09-03-2017 at 01:10 AM.
    Proverbs 19:17

Buckskin Girl - Facebook page - Websleuths thread
    Arroyo Grande Jane Doe - Facebook page - Websleuths thread

Quote Originally Posted by totesmagoat View Post
    Bootsctr and JazzTune thank you so much! I went to a psychiatrist after my son passed. She wants me to go to counseling. I'm more of a bottle it up until it explodes type person. I took myself off all meds and am trying to handle it all myself. But today threw me for a loop. And Anniversary days. And birthdays. And holidays. I made really bad decisions after he passed and now I'm dealing with those. But, hey, at least I'm dealing with them right? I have two more kids that I have to consider. And they are the only reason I am still here.

I guess that's why I hate that she was made to go to work too soon. Ok, don't know if she was made to come back or if she thought it might help. But I was kinda forced so that's tainting my thinking. I hope to get to know her better. Today was her first day at our office and I'm sure it was overwhelming. I wish they would have just quietly brought her in but no they had to tell us her story and tell us (grown adults) to be nice and to help her. I'm pretty sure we could have figured that out on our own...well some of us anyways. She should be able to tell her own story and only to people she feels comfortable with.

Anyways I'm still concerned that we haven't heard from some people! I hope they check in soon! Please be safe!

Thank you so much for telling us more about you. Can't imagine how hard this all must be.

Please don't beat yourself up for being a 'bottle it all up until you explode' person. You can't help how you feel. You're doing the best you know how, and it sounds like you're actually doing a pretty dang good job.

You're dealing with a nightmare you can't escape. You have the extra agony of facing anniversary dates, birthdays and holidays. It's understandable if you made some decisions you wish you could change.

Yet, you're taking care of your kids, you're going to work, you're dealing with the chaos of Harvey! Plus, countless other things we could never guess.

Though you're hurting, you're not reacting with bitterness toward others as many people do after tragedy. On the contrary, you're always expressing concern and empathy.

Oh, I bet that idiots of all stripes send you through the roof! Tragedy does that. Tolerance for idiots goes way down. (Like the one who told all of you, grown adults, to be nice to the new girl.) You know what's important in life, and it's not wasting one minute of your precious time on them.

Counselors can be helpful. They can allow you a safe place to get it all out. You don't have to worry about THEIR feelings; your own are all that's important.

However, it's not everyone's solution. So you do what feels right for you. Same for medication. It can be helpful too, but it's your decision.

You know your own self the best.

We're glad you're here. Take good care of yourself in the weeks ahead. We want to know how things are going in your area too, so please keep us in the loop...
    Last edited by JazzTune; 09-03-2017 at 02:17 AM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by Bootsctr View Post
    Thank you for the kind words Jazz! I have met the nicest people here at Websleuths! Y'all are my support group! Kindred spirits you are!
    Thanks Boots! We feel the same. Your posts have always been special. Now I understand why. Don't want to get all gooey, but I want to thank you for being the 'wind beneath the wings' of so many people here.

You have such a gift for encouragement, especially for the personal tragedies of loss, as well as all this Harvey mess.

So glad I 'met' you, and that you're here with us. Please keep posting too about all that's going on in your area as well.
    Last edited by JazzTune; 09-03-2017 at 02:15 AM. Reason: typo

Clinically and personally it can be helpful to when needed set yourself with cues to allow you to weep.

Comfi clothes, candle , grab kleenex musci that stirs you get confortable and give yourself permission to go there.

A lot of people fear they will go out of control or that it wont end. Actually when given permission , without efforts to hold your grief in that itself rains it out.

Music super important select something that moves you -- trigger it let it flow you willl stop let the pressure out .

Not only will you feel , for a peroid of time lighter - and that is ok as well.

You take care of yourself in other domains you eat sleep obtain water - there are resons why we are designed to weep

have a weepfest - you are entitled,,,,,,,,,

Depending on the age of your children they can join you if so inclined

allowing them to weep is also taking care of them as well

jmo

Quote Originally Posted by CARIIS View Post
    Clinically and personally it can be helpful to when needed set yourself with cues to allow you to weep.

Comfi clothes, candle , grab kleenex musci that stirs you get confortable and give yourself permission to go there.

A lot of people fear they will go out of control or that it wont end. Actually when given permission , without efforts to hold your grief in that itself rains it out.

Music super important select something that moves you -- trigger it let it flow you willl stop let the pressure out .

You take care of yourself in other domains you eat sleep obtain water - there are resons why we are designed to weep

jmo
    Ah CARIIS you hit the nail on the head! I couldn't listen to any music after my son passed. Music was my sons life. It took almost four months after he passed for me to even turn the radio on. The first cd I put on was the Eagles. There are random songs that set me off. Ozzy's Mama I'm Coming Home all the way to country music. We listened to all kinds. He loved the music that I grew up with.

If you are in Houston/Humble TX let me know I can come out help with whatever is needed. It's really heartbreaking and we are doing what we can.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Harvey's aftermath: 'We appreciate the prayers ... But what we need is assistance'

http://nationalpost.com/news/world/p...for-dead-begin

Quote Originally Posted by CARIIS View Post

jmo
    RBBM

Agree, 100%. You can't stop your sorrow; it needs to come out and be processed, as CARIIS indicates. And, sorrow pops up at the weirdest times, totally unexpected.

Breast Cancer Survivor/Superhero

Debugging - both computer program and brain.

Find Bridge Guy - Justice for Libby and Abby

Justice for ALL victims.

Quote Originally Posted by tarabull View Post
    Harvey's aftermath: 'We appreciate the prayers ... But what we need is assistance'

http://nationalpost.com/news/world/p...for-dead-begin
    Someone please tell me, that this person, knowing a hurricane / flood was imminent, was not hosting a party for a boxing fight. Are you kidding me? Please tell me that this is a misprint, or something... All I can say is thank God the seven children were fortunate enough to have been rescued. No thanks to their mother, BTW. This is the kind of BS that really, really rubs me the wrong way. Now I need to go cool off a bit.

Kim Martinez, 28, waited Saturday for insurance adjusters to come to her Southbelt/Ellington neighbourhood, a devastated middle-class area of southeast Houston.
    The mother of two was hosting a watch party for the Floyd Mayweather-Conor McGregor boxing fight last Saturday when floodwaters forced about 15 people to the attic. They escaped the next day. Seven children were rescued by a neighbour’s boat.

Quote Originally Posted by gregjrichards View Post
    Austin Pets Alive! has become the last refuge for hundreds of stray or abandoned cats and dogs that were plucked from danger from flooded neighborhoods and animal shelters across southeast Texas.
    These articles always focus on cats and dogs, but I keep wondering how many rabbits and guinea pigs were abandoned to drown in their hutches, how many caged birds died in theirs.

You guys probably saw it. A buddy shared this video how Harvey refueled at 5mins mark.

Texas gov is not dipping into the states money to help -- they just want the feds to pay MSNBC

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast