771 users online (82 members and 689 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Wow MarylandMissing those are GREAT!

Thank you for posting them!

The Doe Network has updated their page to include the photos that MarylandMissing posted here!

I also noticed that the estimated date of death has been revised, on the Doe Network to 1979-1981

They also further describe the othodontic work as it was apparently unusual for the time period. They also put in a clearer geographical location.

If anyone is checking out this Jane Doe, I highly recommend taking a new peek at the Doe Network link as so much information has been updated.

VA - Multiple Possible Matches

Jane Louise Puckett
    Missing since November 23, 1977 from Colonial Heights, Virginia.
    Puckett was last seen hitchhiking south on Interstate 95 near the Washington Street exit in Petersburg, Virginia on November 23, 1977, and has never been seen nor heard from again. http://www.doenetwork.us/cases/887dfva.html

Unidentified White Female
    The victim was discovered in February 12, 1982 on Bull Run Mountain in Haymarket, Prince William County, Virginia.
    Estimated Date of Death: between 1979 and 1981.
    Skeletal Remains. http://www.doenetwork.us/cases/468ufva.html

Let me know what you guys think?
    Last edited by Cubby; 04-26-2010 at 09:56 AM.

Let Love Rule

Looks like it could be a possible match do to age and height. I guess they could tell for sure with the dental records.
    Amy

The first picture on the unidentified female page looks uncannily like her age progression photo!
    Linette

Disappeared Female

Last edited by Cubby; 01-28-2011 at 12:07 AM.

VA - Bull Run Mountain - White Female 468UFVA, 13-21, Feb 1982 - orthodontic work

Tell me what you all think?

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/468ufva.html

https://identifyus.org/cases/6485

The victim was discovered in February 12, 1982 on Bull Run Mountain in Haymarket, Prince William County, Virginia
    Estimated Date of Death: between 1979 and 1981
    Skeletal Remains

Vital Statistics

Estimated age: 13 - 21 years old
    Approximate Height and Weight: 4'9 - 5'2"; 100-120 lbs.
    Distinguishing Characteristics: Small and slight build.
    Clothing: A heavy cardigan wool sweater with hood; Lee brand corduroy pants, size 27; a leather belt; a chiffon flower print blouse; a red Cricket bra; a green sock with orange stripes; a pair of size 5, brown, lace-up, Bass brand platform shoes; gold necklaces and a key ring with a house key. A disposable gas lighter.
    Dentals: Available. She had orthodontic work.
    DNA: Available in CODIS.
    The skeletal remains and clothing were found in a heavily wooded area approximately 14 feet off of a fire trail, 500 yards from the 1100 block of Mountain Road.
    The area the young girl's body was found in was known then as the quarry. Part of the 250-acre farm was a hangout for people who came there to party.

Here are the list of Ruleouts from Namus

Exclusions
    The following people have been ruled out as being this decedent: First Name Last Name Year Of Birth State LKA
    Ida Anderson 1937 Michigan
    Barbara Cotton 1965 North Dakota
    Lisa Dickinson 1967 California
    Diane Dye 1965 California
    Laura Flink 1947 Washington
    Rachael Garden 1964 New Hampshire
    Gina Hall 2008 Virginia
    Nancy Kirkpatrick 1960 Montana
    Lynn Luray 1948 California
    Katherine Lyon 1964 Maryland
    Sheila Lyon 1962 Maryland
    Eleanor Parker 1962 Louisiana
    Kathryn Quackenbush 1964 Maryland
    Deborah Quimby 1963 Massachusetts
    Angela Radar 1962 Virginia
    Donnis Redman 1943 California
    Simone Ridinger 1960 Massachusetts
    Cheryl Scherer 1959 Missouri
    Denise Sheehy 1954 New York
    Lisa White 1961 Connecticut
    Karen Zendrosky 1963 New Jersey

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>

Judy Sylvester is not on the Rule out List - Nor does she have DNA in Codis

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...ster_judy.html

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/684dfva.html

Missing since January 24, 1977 from Virginia Beach, Virginia. - UID was had winter like clothes on when found
    Classification: Endangered Missing

Date Of Birth: July 8 1954
    Age at Time of Disappearance: 22 years old - A year off
    Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'0", 100 lbs. - close in height
    Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown hair; blue eyes.
    Jewelry: Hand made necklace

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Circumstances of Disappearance
    Judy was last seen in 1977. She did not show up for work or pick up her paycheck from the restaurant she worked at in Virginia Beach.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Last edited by Cubby; 01-28-2011 at 12:03 AM. Reason: Spelling

Although they are both in Virginia, Haymarket is near Manassas (200 miles from Virginia Beach), but it still looks good enough to call it in.

Her photo aligns well with the lower-left of the six reconstructions

Incidentally, the reconstructions don't align well to each other. So one can't tell which one is accurate.
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 05-14-2010 at 11:59 AM. Reason: Replaced "Lower Right" with "Lower Left".

Wow... all those reconstructions look nothing alike. Judy does seem to bear some resemblance but as they are all so dissimilar, I suspect lots of people could. She does seem to have very strong, somewhat pointed, chiseled features though.

The recons seem to indicate a woman with paler skin and darker hair, like Judy.

Distance is about 200 miles - far enough for it not to be a case that would automatically be compared, but close enough to be plausible.

A slight negative is that the UID had on gold necklaces - Judy was missing with a handmade necklace, that I guess would not be gold. That's inconsequential though - it's not necessarily inconsistent, it's trivial and an odd detail for a person making a report to remember.

Size is right on and estimated date of death (1-3 years) is slightly too soon but not automatically a rule out.

She's at least as promising as some of the NAMUS rule outs - I'd say it's worthy of submission.

Quote Originally Posted by Cymro View Post
    She's at least as promising as some of the NAMUS rule outs - I'd say it's worthy of submission.
    You can say that again . I look at some of the possibles that show up in the NamUs exclusions lists, and I think "don't even tell me that my possible match isn't close enough".

Quote Originally Posted by CarlK90245 View Post
    You can say that again . I look at some of the possibles that show up in the NamUs exclusions lists, and I think "don't even tell me that my possible match isn't close enough".
    No kidding, I know that can't be an easy job, but high cheek bones, low cheek bones....makes me wonder was the facial bone structure even in tact?

I did know that the distance between Haymarket and Virigina Beach was over 200 miles. I put them in on Mapquest to see before I posted.

I think none of the pictures on the UID page from the Doe Network look alike either, so I thought it might be kind of hard to compare them through their appearances.

I am going to send an email to David Baldwin who is the Case Manager assigned to UID. I will let you know if I hear anything..

I think you should always submit a possible match if you feel there is some potential -- especially in cases like this. The reconstructions I've seen range from looking like cartoon caricatures, to resembling many other recons, to extremely accurate, to looking nothing at all like the ultimately identified person. So -- while looking at a recon can be helpful, I would never make a decision whether to pursue a match based on one. Sometimes they're helpful, sometimes -- I think -- they can cause people to not to pursue what could be something viable. Just my opinion --

Well I know the David Baldwin read my email, I put a read receipt on the email. I took a half of a day so I won't know if he responded until Monday. (I sent him the email from my work email.)
    Last edited by chaddylex; 05-14-2010 at 11:24 PM.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast