843 users online (113 members and 730 guests)  

Websleuths News

Human Skin-Bound Books in Many Libraries

Brown University's library boasts an anatomy book that combines form and function in macabre fashion. Its cover - tanned and polished to a smooth golden brown, like fine leather - is made of human skin.

In fact, a number of the nation's finest libraries, including Harvard's, have such books in their collections. The practice of binding books in human skin was not uncommon in centuries past, even if it was not always discussed in polite society.
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

It's the ultimate in recycling

Usually NY
    CReepy. I once toured a building in Europe which had a door supposedly covered in skin from the Danes (invading Danish peoples?).There was still pieces of the skin on the door. I think this practice happened back during the crusades but I can't remember now.

Ewwwww!!!!!!!! I hope the sickness the former owner had, is not transfered through skin.. Ewww!!!
    ~ Jennirey ~