700 users online (60 members and 640 guests)  

Websleuths News

WI - Sin Lam, 36, brutally murdered, Mequon, 4 Jan 2006

A 43-year-old man has been charged with strangling his wife after she asked for a divorce.
    Stephen L. Trattner of Mequon was charged Monday in Ozaukee County Circuit Court with first-degree reckless homicide in the death last week of Sin Lam, 36.
    The criminal complaint said that, when she asked for the divorce Wednesday night, he became enraged and grabbed her by the shoulders, and she hit him on his chest. He threw her against some kitchen cabinets, banged her head on the floor 10 to 20 times and punched her face, the complaint added.
    Trattner then "used his hands around her throat until she stopped moving," according to the complaint.
    He "wasn't completely positive if he killed her but . . . he had a pretty good idea she was dead," the complaint said.
    http://www.duluthsuperior.com/mld/du...r/13592509.htm
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

This one happened near me. In another article that I read, he covered her with a blanket and the next morning he got his 2 kids up for school (7 and 9 I believe) and told them not to bother Mommy, and sent them off to school. I am not real clear on how it was finally reported. I can go find the article.

From September 2006:

http://www.winonadailynews.com/news/...c4123c71d.html

A judge sentenced a Mequon man to 35 years in prison in the strangling of his wife at the couple's home while their two young children slept in a bedroom nearby.

Ozaukee County Circuit Judge Tom R. Wolfgram also ordered Steve L. Trattner, 44, on Wednesday to serve another 10 years of extended supervision in the Jan. 4 death of Sin Lam, 36.

Trattner pleaded no contest to a charge of first-degree reckless homicide and was found guilty June 16, just days before a trial was to begin.