Weird PM that I didn't open...

anthrobones

Reaction score
I got my 1st private message and the title is weird. It says "babes in the woods." So, I'm thinking no way I am going to open this... It's still unread. Anyone else know what this is about or get something with that title?

anthrobones said:
I got my 1st private message and the title is weird. It says "babes in the woods." So, I'm thinking no way I am going to open this... It's still unread. Anyone else know what this is about or get something with that title?

No, but I don't think a PM is anything to be afraid of. It's not like opening a spam email and getting a virus.

If you find it offensive, you can either ignore it or report it to a mod. Chances are it is someone wanted to get your opinion on something he/she posted or a reply to a post of yours.

I would be way to curious not to open it !

Ok. It's just odd because the person who sent it has never made any post. And "babes in the woods" sounds like an odd title. I just assumed that it was some perv.

The retired police officer who investigated this case has joined Websleuths.... I'm guessing it was him.

Go to the thread Mysteriew pointed out and you'll see the information.

Oh, okay...I finally opened it. The person said they were retired from police and that some of the posted information was wrong. Sorry, but I receive so much junk/*advertiser censored* e-mail with weird titles (that I definitely didn't subscribe to!) at 2 of my e-mail addresses over the years that I thought it was some kind of perv message. I guess you cannot get a virus from a private message??

Thing is if someone here pm's you they are a member and if anyone had sent you *advertiser censored* in a pm here you could report them to the moderators and I believe it could be tracked to their ip address and would be turned over to LE.

Your darn right it would be.

You cannot recieve a virus via pm.
If your uncertain of who sent it or why I suggest not clicking on any link contained in the pm and fwd. to a mod.

WS doesn't permit any type of harrassment via pm.

If you encounter that please let a mod know..

Thank you!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Knovah
Back