DNA Implicates Dog In Cat's Death

mysteriew

A diamond in process
Reaction score
A cat owner, frustrated that officials couldn't prove a neighbor's dog had killed her pet, took a cue from television legal dramas and used DNA evidence to pursue the case herself.

A lab that analyzed the DNA concluded that the dog was linked to the cat's death, but officials said they still can't make a case because there were no witnesses.
http://cbs5.com/watercooler/local_story_010153428.html

LOL,

On my way home from work tonight a radio talk show was discussing this story. Apparently, the dog owners wrote a condolence note to the cat owner and they recieved a response from her telling how she misses her cat and how her cat could sense when she was feeling down and would bring her a dead mouse. The dog owners made a good point, in that it is the nature of the dog to chase cats, just as it is the nature of the cat to chase mice and kill them. Should the cat be labled dangerous because it kills mice? Also, it seems that neither the cat or the dog where being kept in thier own yards, and it was just as un-responsible that the cat was allowed to just wander around out side. Cats can not be contained in a yard, so if you really love your cat, you should keep it inside. Unless you live on a farm, or in the country, then I can see having an outside cat, but then you have to expect that something could happen to that cat. Seems like the dog owners felt bad over the whole thing. I dont feel they should have to have the dog labled as dangerous, until it hurts a human. My cat sometimes runs out the door when it is opened and often will manage to nab a bird from my neighbors feeders. It is in the cats nature to do so. I am surprised that the neighbors were so willing to give up a sample for DNA. Maybe they thought she would not actually go through with it. I think I heard, or read, that the testing cost $500.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlternativeLuck
Back