802 users online (81 members and 721 guests)  

Websleuths News

Elizabeth “Diane” Vaughn, 28, Hendersonville, TN, 18 June 1992

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/show/36390

http://www.sumnersheriff.com/open-case-files
    Born: 04-02-1964; Gender: Female; Height: 5Ft 2" Weight: 120 lbs.;
    Eyes: Green; Hair: Red Race: White;

Elizabeth “Diane” Vaughn resided in Hendersonville, TN in an apartment complex. She was last seen in White House, TN on the evening of June 18th, 1992. Her disappearance has been a mystery to her family and investigators ever since. At the time of her disappearance she had a 2 year old daughter and worked at a grocery store in Nashville. Approximately 2 days after her disappearance her vehicle was located at O’Charley’s restaurant parking in the Rivergate Mall area on Two Mile Parkway in Goodlettsville, TN. Diane's vehicle was a Blue 1991 Ford Tempo with a TN license plate.
    Anyone having information regarding the disappearance of Elizabeth “Diane” Vaughn please contact: SUMNER COUNTY SHERIFF’S OFFICE @ 1-615-452-2616
    Attached Images Attached Images

Clothing Pants, white blouse with flower print
    Footwear Black shoes

Mole left cheek
    Ears pierced

Thank you @Dotr for starting this thread!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

NamUs says "depressed over divorce".

I used to bartend a couple blocks from that O'Charley's. Goodlettsville/Madison area still have a bit of a rough vibe to them, like an old school outlaw vibe. The place I worked at had its own panic button even. It's not as bad as it used to be, depending on who you ask.

If she was depressed over her divorce, perhaps she went to O'Charley's to grab a drink and take the edge off. There aren't many options for watering holes in Hendersonville or White House, TN, especially back then. When I was working up there four years ago, we would have a bunch of people come down from north of Goodlettsville to drink since there wasn't really anywhere else to go.

Was she getting off of work and then grabbed a drink? If she worked in Nashville and was headed home, that O'Charley's would have been a halfway point.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Does anyone have a Newspapers account that can look at archives? There's an article in the Tennessean from June 28, 1998 about this that looks like it has details of where she was last seen but I can't access it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have a Newspapers account and got the account so I could access information about this case. I met Diane's brother through a mutual friend years ago. I'm not sure how to upload from Newspapers but if I can figure it out, I'll post the articles.
    All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered

Quote Originally Posted by Tnt43 View Post
    I have a Newspapers account and got the account so I could access information about this case. I met Diane's brother through a mutual friend years ago. I'm not sure how to upload from Newspapers but if I can figure it out, I'll post the articles.
    Have a read of the websleuths rules - I think you're only allowed to post a certain percent of the article but the easiest way would be to copy and paste or screenshot the most important part.