1191 users online (199 members and 992 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

VT - Tina Fontaine, 29, Albany, 7 January 2006

found this article while reading about Brianna Maitland http://www.wcax.com/Global/story.asp...5&nav=4QcRacEm

Tina Fontaine 29, Albany VT

Tina is a mother of a six year old and pregnant....snippet from article above

Missing Women Prompt New Search Strategy
    Email to a FriendPrinter Friendly Version if (document.layers) {document.write(''); document.close();}coreAdsCreate('wnsz_20', 'loc', '100');

Albany, Vermont - January 10, 2006

"It's odd. It's very out of her character that something like this would happen," says Franky Niles.

Niles says he hasn't slept since Friday, when he kissed his girlfriend goodbye as he left their house in Albany. Tina Fontaine, 29, was last seen Friday afternoon, buying cigarettes at Bob's Quick Stop in Irasburg.

"She wouldn't just up and leave, at least without letting somebody know," Niles says.

Fontaine has lived in the Northeast Kingdom her whole life. She worked a substitute teacher at North Country High School. Her family, friends and six-year-old daughter haven't heard from her at all. Her car is in the driveway and nothing is missing from their home. She is seven weeks pregnant*************************CONTINUED******** *******

Tina Fontaine is also listed on the Vermont State Police Website ...some time in December of 2004, they revamped their website and instead of 4 cases there are several....this is a positive step. There is a good picture of Tina posted there for any of you who live in the Northeast.....
    Vermont Missing Persons
    They also have a page for their unsolved homicides:
    Vermont - Unsolved Homicides

Somebody knows something about some of these cases...
    "The world is dangerous to live in not because of the people who do evil things, but because of the people who know about it but do nothing to stop it."

www.MAURAMURRAYMISSING.com

This is cryptic - it says police will not say whether she left any family behind. Meaning what? That maybe she took her daughter with her, maybe she didn't have custody of her daughter in the first place, I don't know but it seems very cryptic.

Prayers that she is found safe.

http://www.wcax.com/Global/story.asp?S=4337751&nav=4QcS

Quote Originally Posted by KatherineQ
    This is cryptic - it says police will not say whether she left any family behind. Meaning what? That maybe she took her daughter with her, maybe she didn't have custody of her daughter in the first place, I don't know but it seems very cryptic.

That is very odd. The first article talks about her 6 year old dau., family and friends haven't heard from her. Did she have other children?
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

Fontaine's car was found in the driveway at her home. Authorities said the substitute teacher at North Country Union High School in Newport is seven weeks pregnant.
    http://www.wcax.com/Global/story.asp?S=4349392&nav=4QcS
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

Quote Originally Posted by KatherineQ

this is actually earlier article dated 9 jan, the next article mentions daughter.
    i don't see anything new on Tina today.

No new info, but there is an article in the Caledonian Record

Police Investigate Disappearance Of Albany Woman

Sightings Reported

By GARY E. LINDSLEY, Staff Writer

ALBANY, VT - Investigators and troopers from state police Troop B have mounted an intensive investigation into the disappearance of a 29-year-old Albany woman who has not been seen or heard from since early Friday afternoon.

Franky Niles reported his 29-year-old girlfriend, Tina Fontaine, missing on Saturday, according to Lt. Leo Bachand of Troop B.

Bachand said he and about eight investigators, along with troopers when available, have been tracking down tips and leads since Fontaine was reported missing.

"We have been following leads around Newport," he said. "There have been [reported] sightings."

There also has been information placing her in the Burlington area, he said.

"We are really doing some digging now," said Bachand. "We are still gathering information."

Associated Press reported Wednesday that Fontaine's car was parked at her home. Bachand declined to comment on that.

The distance between Fontaine's home in Albany and where she was seen in Irasburg is about 9 miles.

Bachand also declined to comment about Associated Press reports that Fontaine is seven weeks pregnant.

"Half of the stuff out there is baloney," said Bachand, referring to information in the community. "We have to waste time because of it."

Fontaine is described as being 5 feet tall, weighing 120 pounds with brown hair and brown eyes. She was last seen Friday at Bob's Quick Stop on Route 14 in Irasburg.

Fontaine was wearing a large gray Champion sweat shirt, blue jeans and possibly hiking boots.

Anyone who has seen Fontaine or knows her whereabouts is asked to contact the Derby barracks at 334-8881.

Article and Picture
    "The world is dangerous to live in not because of the people who do evil things, but because of the people who know about it but do nothing to stop it."

www.MAURAMURRAYMISSING.com

thanks for the update. hopefully those sightings are for real and Tina is safe.

Quote Originally Posted by murraydwyer
    Bachand also declined to comment about Associated Press reports that Fontaine is seven weeks pregnant.

"Half of the stuff out there is baloney," said Bachand, referring to information in the community. "We have to waste time because of it."
    Not real encouraging for someone who may be out there with info, who may be debating on calling it in. Kind of sets up the excuse, 'they probably wouldn't believe me anyway'.

I hope those sightings are credible, that would be real good news.

i agree, remark seemed a bit hostile. LE asks for public's help and then a comment like that is quoted by Lt Bachand of Troop B. Doesn't sound so good for community support.

Another boyfriend did it?

Sounds fishy again...doesn't it?

Angry

I hope it isn't another boyfriend.And I fear for her with the attitude of the lead detective.

Is he saying she's not pregnant? He seems to make that "baloney" comment in direct response to the question as to whether she's pregnant.

Now's the time to set the record straight, and not just call the information the public has "baloney".

Quote of the Day -
    "We are really doing some digging ... we are still gathering information."
    - Lt. Lionel "Leo" Bachand, Vermont State Police

http://www.caledonianrecord.com/

From the front page on 12 Jan.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast