VT - Tina Fontaine, 29, Albany, 7 January 2006

Tina is a mother of a six year old and pregnant....snippet from article above

Missing Women Prompt New Search Strategy
Email to a FriendPrinter Friendly Version
4346935_BG1.jpg
if (document.layers) {document.write(''); document.close();}coreAdsCreate('wnsz_20', 'loc', '100');

Albany, Vermont - January 10, 2006

"It's odd. It's very out of her character that something like this would happen," says Franky Niles.

Niles says he hasn't slept since Friday, when he kissed his girlfriend goodbye as he left their house in Albany. Tina Fontaine, 29, was last seen Friday afternoon, buying cigarettes at Bob's Quick Stop in Irasburg.

"She wouldn't just up and leave, at least without letting somebody know," Niles says.

Fontaine has lived in the Northeast Kingdom her whole life. She worked a substitute teacher at North Country High School. Her family, friends and six-year-old daughter haven't heard from her at all. Her car is in the driveway and nothing is missing from their home. She is seven weeks pregnant*************************CONTINUED***************

Tina Fontaine is also listed on the Vermont State Police Website ...some time in December of 2004, they revamped their website and instead of 4 cases there are several....this is a positive step. There is a good picture of Tina posted there for any of you who live in the Northeast.....
Vermont Missing Persons
They also have a page for their unsolved homicides:
Vermont - Unsolved Homicides

Somebody knows something about some of these cases...

KatherineQ said:
This is cryptic - it says police will not say whether she left any family behind. Meaning what? That maybe she took her daughter with her, maybe she didn't have custody of her daughter in the first place, I don't know but it seems very cryptic.

Prayers that she is found safe.

http://www.wcax.com/Global/story.asp?S=4337751&nav=4QcS

That is very odd. The first article talks about her 6 year old dau., family and friends haven't heard from her. Did she have other children?

KatherineQ said:
This is cryptic - it says police will not say whether she left any family behind. Meaning what? That maybe she took her daughter with her, maybe she didn't have custody of her daughter in the first place, I don't know but it seems very cryptic.

Prayers that she is found safe.

http://www.wcax.com/Global/story.asp?S=4337751&nav=4QcS
this is actually earlier article dated 9 jan, the next article mentions daughter.
i don't see anything new on Tina today.

No new info, but there is an article in the Caledonian Record

Police Investigate Disappearance Of Albany Woman

Sightings Reported

By GARY E. LINDSLEY, Staff Writer

ALBANY, VT - Investigators and troopers from state police Troop B have mounted an intensive investigation into the disappearance of a 29-year-old Albany woman who has not been seen or heard from since early Friday afternoon.

Franky Niles reported his 29-year-old girlfriend, Tina Fontaine, missing on Saturday, according to Lt. Leo Bachand of Troop B.

Bachand said he and about eight investigators, along with troopers when available, have been tracking down tips and leads since Fontaine was reported missing.

"We have been following leads around Newport," he said. "There have been [reported] sightings."

There also has been information placing her in the Burlington area, he said.

"We are really doing some digging now," said Bachand. "We are still gathering information."

Associated Press reported Wednesday that Fontaine's car was parked at her home. Bachand declined to comment on that.

The distance between Fontaine's home in Albany and where she was seen in Irasburg is about 9 miles.

Bachand also declined to comment about Associated Press reports that Fontaine is seven weeks pregnant.

"Half of the stuff out there is baloney," said Bachand, referring to information in the community. "We have to waste time because of it."

Fontaine is described as being 5 feet tall, weighing 120 pounds with brown hair and brown eyes. She was last seen Friday at Bob's Quick Stop on Route 14 in Irasburg.

Fontaine was wearing a large gray Champion sweat shirt, blue jeans and possibly hiking boots.

Anyone who has seen Fontaine or knows her whereabouts is asked to contact the Derby barracks at 334-8881.

Article and Picture

thanks for the update. hopefully those sightings are for real and Tina is safe.

murraydwyer said:
Bachand also declined to comment about Associated Press reports that Fontaine is seven weeks pregnant.

"Half of the stuff out there is baloney," said Bachand, referring to information in the community. "We have to waste time because of it."

Not real encouraging for someone who may be out there with info, who may be debating on calling it in. Kind of sets up the excuse, 'they probably wouldn't believe me anyway'.

I hope those sightings are credible, that would be real good news.

i agree, remark seemed a bit hostile. LE asks for public's help and then a comment like that is quoted by Lt Bachand of Troop B. Doesn't sound so good for community support.:doh:

I hope it isn't another boyfriend.And I fear for her with the attitude of the lead detective.

Is he saying she's not pregnant? He seems to make that "baloney" comment in direct response to the question as to whether she's pregnant.

Now's the time to set the record straight, and not just call the information the public has "baloney".

Quote of the Day -
[size=-1]"We are really doing some digging ... we are still gathering information."[/size]
[size=-1]- Lt. Lionel "Leo" Bachand, Vermont State Police[/size]

http://www.caledonianrecord.com/

From the front page on 12 Jan.

What a sweet looking young lady. She just looks so full of life and fun. I hope that nothing has happened to her. I agree that the LE officer's remark was uncalled for. LE ask the public to call in and report even if they think it is something that won't be helpful....and then he makes that remark. I hope they are working as hard on this case as it sounds.

I just cringe every time we hear about a missing pregnant woman. Makes my stomach take a dive. I wonder if she was driving her own car when she was seen at the store buying cigs or if she was with someone else. If she was driving her own car then we know that she got back home from there. If not, then who was she with.

Good point Bobbis angel-

That is maybe why there are conflicting reports on her car in driveway.
I hope Tina is safe.

could be another boyfriend causing harm to his pregnant girlfriend, to many of these low lifes don't want to be responsible for the situation that they cause so they think they better get rid of the woman before she gives birth to the child they helped create so they don't get hung on child support for the next 18 yrs. what a bunch of low life losers. :furious:

Police arrest boyfriend of Albany woman who had been missing

ALBANY, Vt. -- Police have found the body of Tina Fontaine, missing since Jan. 7, and arrested her boyfriend in connection with the death of the 29-year-old woman.

The state police said Sunday that Franky Niles, 32, was arrested Saturday.

State police said that Fontaine's body was found in a shallow grave "a short distance" from the home.

The police did not say whether the body was found before or after Niles' arrest.

Niles lived with Fontaine and had said he last saw her when he kissed her goodbye as he left the home they shared in Albany.

"She wouldn't just up and leave, at least without letting somebody know," Niles had said at the time of the disappearance. He added, "What's going through my mind right now is everything. I feel useless. I fell helpless. There's nothing I can do."

Authorities had said Fontaine had been last seen buying cigarettes Friday at Bob's Quick Stop in Irasburg. Her car was found in the driveway at her home. She was said to be seven weeks pregnant.

WCAX

Franky Niles was convicted 6 years ago for molesting a relative in Massachusetts.He also did time for 2 counts of assault and battery and 2 burglaries.After his release in 2005 he moved to Vermont.
He will be in court on tuesday for arraingment since monday is a holiday.

He is in the Newport facility.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Onaquest