IL- School Dist. Superintendent pens inappropriate column sexualizing teenage girls

AlwaysShocked

Reaction score
Why in the world would a school district Superintendent think it appropriate to be writing about his own teenage lust? He says he wrote this "tongue in cheek". For whom?

Sorry but I come from an area where in just one year it was discovered that the local school district just had three cases of male teachers having sexual relations with female students.

Perhaps I am overly sensitive, but I find this to be totally inappropriate:

http://www.houstonherald.com/news/s...cle_42fa53b0-a89d-5f29-9ab1-0dfdcbc43a9f.html

But in his defense, he was writing it as the voice of himself, AT 15, having a crush on another student. So I don't think he was sexualizing teens, he was 'remembering' what it was like to be a teen. And they are sexual. No doubt about it.

Yeah no. I don't know that he should definitely be fired, but he needs some strong discipline and required counselling focusing on boundaries. He should be taught why this was inappropriate. I get the impression he thought it was just an innocent walk down memory lane and doesn't understand why publishing that in his career position was not okay.

But in his defense, he was writing it as the voice of himself, AT 15, having a crush on another student. So I don't think he was sexualizing teens, he was 'remembering' what it was like to be a teen. And they are sexual. No doubt about it.

He was talking about gawking at a 15 year old girl's breasts. And he is a high school superintendent. That is all kinds of weird and wrong given his position. Totally bizarre. If he was a writer or comedian and didn't have a job that has to do with teenage girls, then it wouldn't be such a problem.

Yes. To me it is that he did not even realize this would be inappropriate for someone in his particular job position to write. Sounds like he has a history, but that really has nothing to do with this. Other than if the members of his school board are just tired of his antics or something like that.

We had a tone deaf high school principal, vice-principal and school board here where I live. Students and even other teachers were reporting things they saw and heard and these reports went nowhere for almost a year. The, finally, the police got involved and everything came out into the open. And it was really bad. All three male teachers got jail sentences.

Here's one of them:
http://www.wpxi.com/news/second-ex-plum-teacher-pleads-guilty-in-student-sex-abuse-case/224620382

At least one of the victims sued the school district. They settled with her:
http://www.wpxi.com/news/top-storie...elated-to-teacher-sex-abuse-scandal/574892838

The behaviors of these idiots directly affects us as taxpayers - in many ways.

Nope. He's all sorts of out-of-bounds.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie