Favorites question

Lesleegp

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Is there any way to alphabetize my "favorites" list without having to click and drag everything to put it in order?

I hope someone answers this Leslee because I have wanted to do the same thing. Mine are all over the place. LOL

If there is a way I'd love to know it....clik and drag is ruff if ya lazy and don't alphabetize as ya go.:banghead:

in your favorites link on the top toolbar right click and scroll down to sort by name, that should do it.:)

jodieo said:
in your favorites link on the top toolbar right click and scroll down to sort by name, that should do it.:)

Thanks....but I can't get mine to do that. I have right clicked a million places and see no where I can sort by name. :(

are you using internet explorer?

If it is explorer, when you click your favorites link at the top and it opens the scroll down menu, you should be able to scroll down to any of your favorites names and right click, sort by name should be the next to the last on the bottom. Sorry, I could have explained it better in the first post.

jodieo said:
If it is explorer, when you click your favorites link at the top and it opens the scroll down menu, you should be able to scroll down to any of your favorites names and right click, sort by name should be the next to the last on the bottom. Sorry, I could have explained it better in the first post.

If I click on favorites on my tool bar, it opens my favorites list on the left hand side of my screen. If I go to that and right click on one of them, my options are to:

OPEN
CREATE NEW FOLDER
PRINT
MAKE AVAILABLE OFFLINE
SEND TO
CUT
COPY
DELETE
RENAME
PROPERTIES

Maybe I am not right clicking the right place.

It sounds like you might have an older version of IE, I think the latest is 6.0, you can tell what version you're running by clicking help & about internet explorer. When I click my faves in either browser (SBC Yahoo or Explorer) it drops down a menu from the top tool bar that shows all of my bookmarks (favorites) and gives the option to sort. Sorry I can't be of more help, it's one of those things, if I could see it i could figure it out.:banghead:

jodieo said:
It sounds like you might have an older version of IE, I think the latest is 6.0, you can tell what version you're running by clicking help & about internet explorer. When I click my faves in either browser (SBC Yahoo or Explorer) it drops down a menu from the top tool bar that shows all of my bookmarks (favorites) and gives the option to sort. Sorry I can't be of more help, it's one of those things, if I could see it i could figure it out.:banghead:

Thank you for trying to help! It's quite frustrating. I am using IE 6.0...so not sure what the deal is. I guess my lazy butt will have to put them in order if I want them that way!

Oh, I go through my phases, I've had to mess with it all so much at work I have all of our computers figured out. The only other thing I can think of, your faves are opening in a seperate folder instead of directly from your top toolbar, mine were doing that on my cp at work but I deleted the extra folder and they popped back where they belong. I wouldn't do it if you have alot of them though, could turn out to be a pain to input them all back in.:crazy:

I found out a new trick today and thought this might help you Lesleegp, this is what I see when I right click on mine.

screen2.jpg

Ok girl.........next time I'm in Texas, dinner is on me! That helped and it worked! THANK YOU!!!

you're very welcome, it took longer to resize the stupid picture than anything.:D

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back