1110 users online (227 members and 883 guests)  

Websleuths News

MI - Sivad Davis, 4 mos, suffocated, Detroit, 8 Jan 2006

Deric LaValle Davis' knees buckled as police led him into 36th District Court on Tuesday, where he was arraigned on felony murder charges in the death of his 4-month-old son.

"Can I get the death penalty for what I did?" he asked the officers, who held the slightly built 19-year-old up by his arms.

Davis, whom neighbors described as a stern but attentive father, was charged with suffocating his son, Sivad Davis, in his bassinet Sunday night in the family's apartment in the 1000 block of East Jefferson, near downtown Detroit.

Davis told homicide investigators that he killed Sivad because he would not stop crying and his mother refused to help him with the baby, according to police reports filed at the arraignment. They said Davis put elastic gauze over his son's head and used sports wrist bands to tie his hands and feet so he could not move.

They also said Sivad's mother, whose name has been withheld pending completion of the investigation, was in the apartment at the time listening to music with headphones on.

snip:
    Emergency Medical Service arrived minutes later and took the baby to the hospital, where Sivad was pronounced dead on arrival and doctors reported signs of previous injuries to the child's body.
    http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll...601110368/1003
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

That poor baby, bound with wristbands so he could not move. Get ready for yours Daddy in jail with the big boys. Unreal!!

Quote Originally Posted by mysteriew
    Deric LaValle Davis' knees buckled as police led him into 36th District Court on Tuesday, where he was arraigned on felony murder charges in the death of his 4-month-old son.

"Can I get the death penalty for what I did?" he asked the officers, who held the slightly built 19-year-old up by his arms.

Davis, whom neighbors described as a stern but attentive father, was charged with suffocating his son, Sivad Davis, in his bassinet Sunday night in the family's apartment in the 1000 block of East Jefferson, near downtown Detroit.

Davis told homicide investigators that he killed Sivad because he would not stop crying and his mother refused to help him with the baby, according to police reports filed at the arraignment. They said Davis put elastic gauze over his son's head and used sports wrist bands to tie his hands and feet so he could not move.

They also said Sivad's mother, whose name has been withheld pending completion of the investigation, was in the apartment at the time listening to music with headphones on.

snip:
    Emergency Medical Service arrived minutes later and took the baby to the hospital, where Sivad was pronounced dead on arrival and doctors reported signs of previous injuries to the child's body.
    http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll...601110368/1003
    Why was he asking about the DP? Was he afraid or does he want it? That poor baby! Ugh...this angers me to no end. How in the world someone could do such a thing to a poor, innocent child is astounding to me. Sick, sick humans out there, I tell you.

You guys are absolutely not going to believe this one.

Deric LaValle Davis

Offense Date: 01/08/2006
    Plea Date: 05/25/2006
    Discharge Date: 03/16/2009
    Discharge Reason: Early Release

Offense: Homicide-Involuntary Manslaughter
    Sentence: 5 years

5 years for intentionally murdering his baby, of which he served only 3 years. 3 years! My mind just cannot accept this.

You're right!

Unbelieveable!

fran

He didn't even serve 3 years! Involuntary manslaughter? He probably has another child by now to kill.

Involuntary manslaughter? Served less than three years? He had to have known smothering the baby could result in great bodily harm or death. How is any of what he did involuntary?

Prayers to little baby Sivad. Many of us view your life as valuable. I'm so sorry our justice system failed you.

keeponsearching is offline The mighty Oak was once a little nut that stood its ground.
    WHAT! I am so unffff. Seriously.