DE DE - Anne Marie Fahey, 28, Wilmington, 27 June 1996 *T. Capano guilty*

It just better sentence him to death...again!

Wow, I never expected to see this cold, selfish, murdering low life in the news again. :doh:

It wouldn't matter to me if he doesn't get the death penalty again. I agree with what Sharon Rocha said in one of her interviews this week about life in prison and the death penalty basically being the same. Either way, the murderer will die in prison.

If you haven't read "And Never Let Her Go" by Ann Rule about Anne Marie Fahey's murder, I highly recommend it.

NewMom2003 said:
Wow, I never expected to see this cold, selfish, murdering low life in the news again. :doh:

It wouldn't matter to me if he doesn't get the death penalty again. I agree with what Sharon Rocha said in one of her interviews this week about life in prison and the death penalty basically being the same. Either way, the murderer will die in prison.

If you haven't read "And Never Let Her Go" by Ann Rule about Anne Marie Fahey's murder, I highly recommend it.

I always felt that, because of his controlling personality, life in a maximum security prison was more punishment than killing him. I am curious to see what kind of shape he is in after all this time.

IMHO, the best book on the case was "Summer Wind" by George Anastasia. People I know who were involved in the case felt that it was more accurate, particularly regarding Debbie McIntyre, than Ann Rule's book.

luthersmama said:
I always felt that, because of his controlling personality, life in a maximum security prison was more punishment than killing him. I am curious to see what kind of shape he is in after all this time.

IMHO, the best book on the case was "Summer Wind" by George Anastasia. People I know who were involved in the case felt that it was more accurate, particularly regarding Debbie McIntyre, than Ann Rule's book.

Can you sum up some of the differences, luthersmama? Thanks!

Eve

luthersmama said:

Thanks. I remember trying to find that book after I read Ann Rule's. My library didn't have it and I checked my local bookstores for it and couldn't find it. It's been about 3 years ago. I'll try to find it again.

And I agree about his controlling personality. And his ego as well. The confines of a max security prison I'm sure are hell on him (as it should be).

I think he should be put in a cooler and tossed overboard, frankly.:furious: :furious:

eve said:
Can you sum up some of the differences, luthersmama? Thanks!

Eve

Overall, Anastasia's was written with a more journalistic tone (he is a newspaper reporter) and less gushy, soap-opera-y stuff. I wasn't all that interested in the details of the Fahey family, or gushy stuff about Anne Marie, for example. Summer Wind had more trial testimony, which was very telling of Capano's personality. The stuff that he said on the stand was truly astounding. Summer Wind had way more of it. Summer Wind packed more factual info into about the same number of pages and read like a newspaper instead of like a screenplay. I wish I hadn't given my copy away - I may have to order one online now that the case is in the news again.

I can't stand to look at a picture of this lowlife scum!!!
I read Anne Rules book Never Let Her Go too.
Am going to go order a copy of Summer Wind now.
Thanks Alice......

I cannot understand how possibly he could have had anything to offer the courts for them to reconsider his death penalty sentence. I'm amazed the guy is even trying, someone who was that obsessively controlling has to hate jail immensly. But then, he's still probably scheeming to break out of prison or something. :rolleyes:

NewMom2003 said:

that was a great book, i love ann rule........dead by sunset is one of my favs...

luthersmama said:

thanks for the feedback on the other book. I hadn't even heard of it. Just ordered it from amazon, hardcover @.35 cents. plus shipping.

thanks again. Looking forward to reading this.

blueclouds said:
I cannot understand how possibly he could have had anything to offer the courts for them to reconsider his death penalty sentence. I'm amazed the guy is even trying, someone who was that obsessively controlling has to hate jail immensly. But then, he's still probably scheeming to break out of prison or something. :rolleyes:

He just got lucky. There was a US Supreme Court case regarding the procedure for handing down a death sentence. It said that a judge cannot impose a death sentence, only a jury. In Capano's trial, which took place before that case came out, the jury recommended the sentence and the judge imposed the sentence. The problem now is that the jury in Capano's case did not unanimously recommend death.

I'm not worried about it. Either he will be re-sentenced to death, or he will die in misery because he has no control over anything in his life anymore. His ex-wife has taken back her maiden name and I think his daughters may have changed theirs as well. With the exception of his mother and siblings, I don't think he has a friend in the world anymore.

If he is re-sentenced to life, he might not have the relative "luxury" of being kept out of the general population. A life sentence mingling with "Bubba" may well be better punishment for this particular guy.

I've watched the TV specials on this crime, but not read either book. I really wasn't aware that there were any. So.......when I made our business deposit today, I stopped in at the library and picked up Ann Rule's book. The library doesn't have Anastasia's book, but will try the inter-library loan system to see if it's available in Colorado.

Thanks for the info on this. I appreciate it.

I hate this guy. I was was the same age as Anne Marie and living Philly when this happened, also dating a much older, well off man who was also an insecure, jealous out-of control manic - JUST LIKE this fu&^er. If nothing else Anne Marie's death got me to wake up and dump the *advertiser censored*, luckily my fate was much better than hers. I feel to this day that it could have just as easily been me, and I pray for Anne Marie's family.

http://www.centredaily.com/mld/centredaily/news/nation/15925897.htm

By Toni Callas
Inquirer Staff Writer
CAPE MAY COURT HOUSE, N.J. - A human skull found Monday is not that of Anne Marie Fahey, who is believed to be dead after she disappeared in 1996, the county prosecutor's office said.

"The medical examiner is indicating that it's not her," said Lt. Eugene Taylor, spokesman for the Cape May County Prosecutor's Office. "The skull did not have the same dental work that Anne Marie Fahey had."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82
Back