865 users online (102 members and 763 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 26 of 72 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 ... LastLast
Results 376 to 390 of 1073
  1. #376
    Quote Originally Posted by AnaPisces View Post
    So after catching up on this for the past couple of days - Thanks BloodHoundSleuther for sending me in the right direction! - I did a quick map. Click on the points, it has the info and just a quicker insight for anyone that's not local to see where Laura may have travelled to and from. Anything that needs adding, changing, taking out, let me know.
    Case Map
    Thank you so much for doing this, Ana. So it appears everything is pretty close together, but that doesn't necessarily mean she is nearby, either ....

    I am really stumped by this case, very much on the fence as to whether it is voluntarily or foul play. Timeline has been one of the things I am still confused about, but I found this:

    "Here is a timeline of events put together based on information from police, family, and neighbors:

    -Friday, September 1st: Wallen and her family attend a football game at Sherwood High School, where Wallen went to school as a teen.

    -Saturday, September 2nd: A neighbor says Wallen and Tessier arrive at Wallen's Olney condo sometime before 10 p.m. According to the neighbor, Tessier leaves and then Wallen leaves about ten minutes later. The neighbor says Wallen's black 2011 Ford Escape never returns to the neighborhood in the following days.

    -Monday, September 4th: Police say Wallen's family receives a troubling text from her cell phone. They won't describe what the text said.

    -Tuesday, September 5th: Wallen fails to show up to teach on the first day of school at Wilde Lake High.

    -Thursday, September 7th: Wallen's Ford Escape is found in the 10600 block of Gramercy Place, which is inside a gated apartment complex in Columbia that is essentially across the street from Wilde Lake High School."

    Also, a couple of interesting comments from the press conference:

    "At Monday's press conference, Lt. Sean Gagen with MCPD said right now Wallen's disappearance is classified as a missing persons case and not as a crime.

    'Not at this time that I'm aware of,' was Gagen's reply when asked if there was any reason to believe foul play was involved in her disappearance."

    "When asked when the last time Wallen was seen was, Lt. Gagen wouldn't say.

    He says there are a lot of people that claim to have seen her, and detectives are looking at surveillance video to try to verify those claims." (BBM)
    http://wjla.com/news/local/family-offers-250000

    One thing I find particularly unusual about this case is that there have been no reports of searches taking place, other than her students posting flyers. Could it be because LE believes Laura left voluntarily and is hiding, moving from one place to another? Or, they have been talking to a suspect and are waiting for the person to crack?

    Either way, I hope Laura is found soon, safe and sound. She sounds like a wonderful, caring young woman.
    Last edited by inmyhumbleopinion; 09-13-2017 at 10:12 AM.

    Retired Firefighter Michael Chambers Last Seen on March 10, 2017 in Quinlan, TX
    To submit an anonymous tip, contact Hunt County Crime Stoppers by phone at (903) 457-2929 or online at huntcountycrimestoppers.com
    #BringPaPawHome Thread #3 Thread #2 Thread #1
    "Family won't give up on missing retired Dallas firefighter in Hunt County" July 28, 2017 via wfaa.com

  2. #377
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    2,835
    Quote Originally Posted by inmyhumbleopinion View Post
    Thank you so much for doing this, Ana. So it appears everything is pretty close together, but that doesn't necessarily mean she is nearby, either ....

    I am really stumped by this case, very much on the fence as to whether it is voluntarily or foul play. Timeline has been one of the things I am still confused about, but I found this:

    "Here is a timeline of events put together based on information from police, family, and neighbors:

    -Friday, September 1st: Wallen and her family attend a football game at Sherwood High School, where Wallen went to school as a teen.

    -Saturday, September 2nd: A neighbor says Wallen and Tessier arrive at Wallen's Olney condo sometime before 10 p.m. According to the neighbor, Tessier leaves and then Wallen leaves about ten minutes later. The neighbor says Wallen's black 2011 Ford Escape never returns to the neighborhood in the following days.

    -Monday, September 4th: Police say Wallen's family receives a troubling text from her cell phone. They won't describe what the text said.

    -Tuesday, September 5th: Wallen fails to show up to teach on the first day of school at Wilde Lake High.
    Thursday, September 7th: Wallen's Ford Escape is found in the 10600 block of Gramercy Place, which is inside a gated apartment complex in Columbia that is essentially across the street from Wilde Lake High School."

    Also, a couple of interesting comments from the press conference:

    "At Monday's press conference, Lt. Sean Gagen with MCPD said right now Wallen's disappearance is classified as a missing persons case and not as a crime.

    'Not at this time that I'm aware of,' was Gagen's reply when asked if there was any reason to believe foul play was involved in her disappearance."

    "When asked when the last time Wallen was seen was, Lt. Gagen wouldn't say.

    He says there are a lot of people that claim to have seen her, and detectives are looking at surveillance video to try to verify those claims." (BBM)
    http://wjla.com/news/local/family-offers-250000

    One thing I find particularly unusual about this case is that there have been no reports of searches taking place, other than her students posting flyers. Could it be because LE believes Laura left voluntarily and is hiding, moving from one place to another? Or, they have been talking to a suspect and are waiting for the person to crack?

    Either way, I hope Laura is found soon, safe and sound. She sounds like a wonderful, caring young woman.
    You're welcome. Hoping more will get released so I can add to it.

    They are saying it's not a crime and foul play is not suspected but they searched a dumpster. I can only imagine that they were looking for her body in there. Things aren't adding up at all. They are holding back a lot of information here.
    "Later that night I held an atlas in my lap, ran my fingers across the whole world
    and whispered, where does it hurt?
    It answered everywhere... everywhere... everywhere."
    _


    - Имaте Петрова огъня -_

    - You have the Petrova fire -


  3. #378
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    90
    Quote Originally Posted by AnaPisces View Post
    So after catching up on this for the past couple of days - Thanks BloodHoundSleuther for sending me in the right direction! - I did a quick map. Click on the points, it has the info and just a quicker insight for anyone that's not local to see where Laura may have travelled to and from. Anything that needs adding, changing, taking out, let me know.

    Case Map
    Silver Spring is a big city. What you pointed in your map is downtown Silver Spring. I own a condo very close to 29 and 200 and it is still considered SS.
    Everything expressed in this or any of my posts is just my opinion and

    Cats rule and control the universe.

  4. #379
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    28
    Hmmm...Based on this timeline and the questions/remarks people have made about Tessier, I find it odd that she left shortly after he did. They were together for 10 years and expecting a child, yet they didn't live together. Maybe Laura suspected something and followed him? Maybe she didn't like what she found? Maybe that's what the troubling texts are about. I'm just thinking at the end of a day, being pregnant, the last thing I'd want to do is get back in my car and go somewhere unless I had extreme motivation to do so.
    Quote Originally Posted by inmyhumbleopinion View Post
    Thank you so much for doing this, Ana. So it appears everything is pretty close together, but that doesn't necessarily mean she is nearby, either ....

    I am really stumped by this case, very much on the fence as to whether it is voluntarily or foul play. Timeline has been one of the things I am still confused about, but I found this:

    "Here is a timeline of events put together based on information from police, family, and neighbors:

    -Friday, September 1st: Wallen and her family attend a football game at Sherwood High School, where Wallen went to school as a teen.

    -Saturday, September 2nd: A neighbor says Wallen and Tessier arrive at Wallen's Olney condo sometime before 10 p.m. According to the neighbor, Tessier leaves and then Wallen leaves about ten minutes later. The neighbor says Wallen's black 2011 Ford Escape never returns to the neighborhood in the following days.

    -Monday, September 4th: Police say Wallen's family receives a troubling text from her cell phone. They won't describe what the text said.

    -Tuesday, September 5th: Wallen fails to show up to teach on the first day of school at Wilde Lake High.
    Thursday, September 7th: Wallen's Ford Escape is found in the 10600 block of Gramercy Place, which is inside a gated apartment complex in Columbia that is essentially across the street from Wilde Lake High School."

    Also, a couple of interesting comments from the press conference:

    "At Monday's press conference, Lt. Sean Gagen with MCPD said right now Wallen's disappearance is classified as a missing persons case and not as a crime.

    'Not at this time that I'm aware of,' was Gagen's reply when asked if there was any reason to believe foul play was involved in her disappearance."

    "When asked when the last time Wallen was seen was, Lt. Gagen wouldn't say.

    He says there are a lot of people that claim to have seen her, and detectives are looking at surveillance video to try to verify those claims." (BBM)
    http://wjla.com/news/local/family-offers-250000

    One thing I find particularly unusual about this case is that there have been no reports of searches taking place, other than her students posting flyers. Could it be because LE believes Laura left voluntarily and is hiding, moving from one place to another? Or, they have been talking to a suspect and are waiting for the person to crack?

    Either way, I hope Laura is found soon, safe and sound. She sounds like a wonderful, caring young woman.

  5. #380
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    14
    I think it's entirely possible that if LE thinks this is a crime, and that she's been harmed, and they have a suspect they're trying to draw out, they might not state they think it's a crime or that she's been harmed. For fear of spooking the suspect. This could possibly account for why the family seems nervous, checking their words, etc at the pressie, because they have this insider knowledge, were told to be careful what they say, etc.

    It also could possibly account for why the text wasn't released, it may contain something specific they fear would let a suspect know they're on to them.

    Possible.

  6. #381
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    2,835
    Quote Originally Posted by mayita View Post
    Silver Spring is a big city. What you pointed in your map is downtown Silver Spring. I own a condo very close to 29 and 200 and it is still considered SS.
    I know that but we don't have a specific location so that's all I can add now. If you know of a more precise location, I'll add it.
    "Later that night I held an atlas in my lap, ran my fingers across the whole world
    and whispered, where does it hurt?
    It answered everywhere... everywhere... everywhere."
    _


    - Имaте Петрова огъня -_

    - You have the Petrova fire -


  7. #382
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    2,835
    Quote Originally Posted by CTPDMom View Post
    I think it's entirely possible that if LE thinks this is a crime, and that she's been harmed, and they have a suspect they're trying to draw out, they might not state they think it's a crime or that she's been harmed. For fear of spooking the suspect. This could possibly account for why the family seems nervous, checking their words, etc at the pressie, because they have this insider knowledge, were told to be careful what they say, etc.

    It also could possibly account for why the text wasn't released, it may contain something specific they fear would let a suspect know they're on to them.

    Possible.
    I couldn't agree more with this.
    "Later that night I held an atlas in my lap, ran my fingers across the whole world
    and whispered, where does it hurt?
    It answered everywhere... everywhere... everywhere."
    _


    - Имaте Петрова огъня -_

    - You have the Petrova fire -


  8. #383
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    90
    Quote Originally Posted by AnaPisces View Post
    I know that but we don't have a specific location so that's all I can add now. If you know of a more precise location, I'll add it.
    We do not know because the police has not let us know yet.

    It is confusing because my condo is in a very suburban area vs ie downtown where there are tons of cameras. I wish they would be more specific with that.

    Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk
    Everything expressed in this or any of my posts is just my opinion and

    Cats rule and control the universe.

  9. #384
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    2,835
    Quote Originally Posted by mayita View Post
    We do not know because the police has not let us know yet.

    It is confusing because my condo is in a very suburban area vs ie downtown where there are tons of cameras. I wish they would be more specific with that.

    Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk
    Me too. They are keeping their guard up with a lot so far!
    "Later that night I held an atlas in my lap, ran my fingers across the whole world
    and whispered, where does it hurt?
    It answered everywhere... everywhere... everywhere."
    _


    - Имaте Петрова огъня -_

    - You have the Petrova fire -


  10. #385
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by AnaPisces View Post
    Me too. They are keeping their guard up with a lot so far!
    What was the day/time of the ping in Silver Spring?


  11. #386
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    2,835
    Quote Originally Posted by onlyjamielynn View Post
    What was the day/time of the ping in Silver Spring?
    I don't know. I'm not sure they have released that yet.
    "Later that night I held an atlas in my lap, ran my fingers across the whole world
    and whispered, where does it hurt?
    It answered everywhere... everywhere... everywhere."
    _


    - Имaте Петрова огъня -_

    - You have the Petrova fire -


  12. #387
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    938
    Quote Originally Posted by mayita View Post
    Silver Spring is a big city. What you pointed in your map is downtown Silver Spring. I own a condo very close to 29 and 200 and it is still considered SS.
    You make a good point - and the ICC (200) connects all of the places in the case (olney, SS, Columbia)

  13. #388
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    938
    This is just a totally random question but do landscaping companies work mon-fri, 9-5 type hours? And would they generally have holidays off?

  14. #389
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by bellesnwhistles View Post
    This is just a totally random question but do landscaping companies work mon-fri, 9-5 type hours? And would they generally have holidays off?
    I think someone above stated he doesn't work for landscaping anymore, now he breeds cattle.

  15. #390
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    1,105
    Forgive me if this has been covered:

    1. Does she have a Facebook find me page?

    2. We really need a VI here!

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

Page 26 of 72 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. IL - Sabrina Stauffenberg, 8, abducted & murdered, Olney, 23 Nov 2016 *Arrest*
    By perfectingpink in forum Crimes-Spotlight on Children
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 11-20-2017, 06:47 AM
  2. Deceased/Not Found CA - Julia Jacobson, 37, San Diego, 2 Sept 2017 *Arrest*
    By LisaWL7TR in forum Missing Persons Discussion
    Replies: 535
    Last Post: 11-13-2017, 01:48 PM
  3. Found Deceased MD - Laura Wallen, 31, pregnant, Olney, 3 Sept 2017 #2 *Arrest*
    By Greater Than in forum Located Persons Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-28-2017, 10:08 PM
  4. Found Alive FL - MF, 11, Apopka, 3 Sept 2017 *Arrest*
    By coffeeandacig in forum Located Persons Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-04-2017, 12:32 PM
  5. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-12-2017, 06:12 PM

Tags for this Thread