999 users online (172 members and 827 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 31 of 58 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SavetheQueen View Post
    There's no reason for his name to be on any new paperwork. He's legally dead. Dead people don't get their names put on assets. She had the Will by the time she changed the title. That gave her the authority to transact any business in his name. There's zero legal reason for his name to be on the new title. And why did the local tax accessor let that go through?

*All statements are of my own opinion unless otherwise specified.*

I think that I might not be doing a very good job of explaining my theory. Here's what I'm speculating: I believe that MC & BC had an auto insurance policy that included a "Credit Life" clause. And that once BC provided the insurance company with proof of his "death" that the insurance company then *automatically* pays off the balance owed, and also *automatically* reissues the a "free & clear" title to the (now paid off vehicle) owners of the insurance policy. Hence why the title transfer shows up with the names of both MC & BC.

See, I don't think it was anything BC did intentionally or really even had any say so in the matter. The policy paid off the truck. The new title was issued for both MC & BC. Then she sold it to (whoever?) a private buyer.

You're 100% correct STQ, she didn't need to do this in order to sell the truck, but I think it just happened that way.

It's my theory, anyhow, to explain why the title came back in their names . . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Midge Montana View Post
    So, what would the purpose be for her to re-title it in their names? There has to be an angle to this. How would it benefit BC?
    That's a question we haven't quite figured out just yet.

*All things stated by me are my own opinions unless otherwise indicated.*

Quote Originally Posted by QueenBea13 View Post
    That may be true, but it doesnít take 3 months to transfer a title. And if they havenít transferred the title, why havenít they? I know I wouldnít want to be responsible if the new owners got into a wreck & totaled the truck or God forbid, hurt or killed someone, not only could they sue the driver, but the owner of the vehicle as well.

Just my random thoughts & opinions...
    Texas law says you have 30 days to transfer it without being subjected to a monthly fine for each month it isn't transferred.

TX - Michael Chambers, 70, Hunt County, 10 March 2017 #4

Quote Originally Posted by TexKitten View Post
    I think that I might not be doing a very good job of explaining my theory. Here's what I'm speculating: I believe that MC & BC had an auto insurance policy that included a "Credit Life" clause. And that once BC provided the insurance company with proof of his "death" that the insurance company then *automatically* pays off the balance owed, and also *automatically* reissues the a "free & clear" title to the (now paid off vehicle) owners of the insurance policy. Hence why the title transfer shows up with the names of both MC & BC.

See, I don't think it was anything BC did intentionally or really even had any say so in the matter. The policy paid off the truck. The new title was issued for both MC & BC. Then she sold it to (whoever?) a private buyer.

You're 100% correct STQ, she didn't need to do this in order to sell the truck, but I think it just happened that way.

It's my theory, anyhow, to explain why the title came back in their names . . . . .
    I gotcha now. But only his name was on the original title. Why hers then?

ETA: Keep in mind she has the Will so she shouldn't need her name on anything.

Quote Originally Posted by SavetheQueen View Post
    I gotcha now. But only his name was on the original title. Why hers then?

ETA: Keep in mind she has the Will so she shouldn't need her name on anything.

But...if the truck was in his name alone, she's have to put half of the total profit aside for three years; if the truck was in both names, half of the profit would stay with her automatically and she'd only have to put away half of his half of the profit, right? So, by her name being on the truck she could keep more?? I don't know if that is true, but just trying to figure out the angle, because I am pretty sure there is one. MOO.

Quote Originally Posted by Midge Montana View Post
    But...if the truck was in his name alone, she's have to put half of the total profit aside for three years; if the truck was in both names, half of the profit would stay with her automatically and she'd only have to put away half of his half of the profit, right? So, by her name being on the truck she could keep more?? I don't know if that is true, but just trying to figure out the angle, because I am pretty sure there is one. MOO.
    In case of BC I think we always have to consider there is an angle and an agenda...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Everything I post is my opinion only.. unless a URL is attached.

Quote Originally Posted by RuthSleuth View Post
    In case of BC I think we always have to consider there is an angle and an agenda...

Whatever she can do to benefit herself the most. Loopholes and all.

Quote Originally Posted by Pmerle00 View Post
    1. Where is Steel and why did he go? - from what I understand, he is still willing to message people privately.

2. We talk about Becca not being in the public eye and facing questions online helping on the BPH page ect, but we don't ever hear what JCC has to say either. Where is JCC with all this. I've seen his wife post a time or two but... - as I've said before, John is a very private individual, just like Papaw. He has no facebook page. He hates attention. He did one of the interviews at the beginning of this, and that was unusual for him. His sisters would 100% back me up on this. He's vocal to family members and close friends, but not to anyone else.

3. What neighbor came to help? 4. Was it the home of parents of JP wife of JCC ?- do you mean help with looking for Papaw on the 10th before Becca called 911? If so, it's been said on FB publicly, so I guess I can disclose here as well - it was John's inlaws who live next door who came to help.

5. Can you PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE tell me if said 4 wheeler used to search was white? - this was answered on FB as well, they were not white. Dark green/Black.

6. Why does JCC have phone number in MC name but name spelled wrong? - I'm not sure what you mean? Can you post a screenshot or something?

7. If JCC and JRC are treated equally and fair then why is it JCC was to receive 40 percent and quite a few more cars than JRC in the will? - I don't feel comfortable answering this question at this time, but there is a reason.

8. Did BC complete a polygraph? Or was she too distraught? - HCSO did a polygraph for Becca. The first time, they didn't go through with it because she was too distraught. The second time was I believe the same day as the restraining order, and she completed it and says she passed. She was also on anti-anxiety medication.

9. Has BR car shop/ auto part store been checked by authorities - I do not know this.
    7. I don't want to speak for PMerle but in my family our parents have had to routinely support one of my siblings over the years. My parents allocated their will accordingly so that this sibling will receive a smaller portion than other siblings as they sort of received part of their inheritance up front.no hard feelings either sibling agrees. This is what parents do.

TX - Michael Chambers, 70, Hunt County, 10 March 2017 #3

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sha...e_pid=13609828

PMerle just wanted to say that I feel for you through all of this. Not only are you missing your papaw but you are also having to look at a family member in a different light. It sounds like someone that you trusted your entire life you are now having to question everything that they have told you and everything that they have done. At the end of the day no one knows the truth except for God. But I certainly sympathize with your position. Sometimes when I'm throwing out theories or ideas, I have to stop and remember that this is your family we are talking about. And no matter what happens whether or not papaw is found and whether or not BC is guilty, your family will never be the same. I think some of you will be stronger and closer after experiencing something like this.

Something that may help you. Try to look at this case and all of the information as a bystander instead of as a granddaughter. I know that is hard. But I really think if you can take that perspective on it I think that you will start to see some things and maybe something will jump out at you that will be a lead in all of this. Sometimes our emotions and our personal connections can cloud things. I am praying for you and yours.

Quote Originally Posted by TexKitten View Post

No that is not the way the credit life insurance works or itís not the way it worked for My best friend, her husband died unexpectedly 2 years ago today (I had forgotten her car was paid off when he died until today when I talked to her) I asked her about this & she said when she received the title, only her name was listed on title. She then went down & transferred it into their daughters name. My friends name was left on the title but daughters was 1st since she was primary driver.

Using Tapatalk

Sounds like this Texas law may be what allowed BC to manage estate in MC's absence. I believe it was the 60th day when she filed the papers. Here's the link to the whole thing. http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.u...A/htm/FA.3.htm

Sec. 3.301. MISSING, ABANDONED, OR SEPARATED SPOUSE. (a) A spouse may file a sworn petition stating the facts that make it desirable for the petitioning spouse to manage, control, and dispose of community property described or defined in the petition that would otherwise be subject to the sole or joint management, control, and disposition of the other spouse if:
    (1) the other spouse has disappeared and that spouse's location remains unknown to the petitioning spouse, unless the spouse is reported to be a prisoner of war or missing on public service;
    (2) the other spouse has permanently abandoned the petitioning spouse; or
    (3) the spouses are permanently separated.
    (b) The petition may be filed in a court in the county in which the petitioner resided at the time the separation began, or the abandonment or disappearance occurred, not earlier than the 60th day after the date of the occurrence of the event. If both spouses are nonresidents of this state at the time the petition is filed, the petition may be filed in a court in a county in which any part of the described or defined community property is located.

No that is not the way the credit life insurance works or itís not the way it worked for My best friend, her husband died unexpectedly 2 years ago today (I had forgotten her car was paid off when he died until today when I talked to her) I asked her about this & she said when she received the title, only her name was listed on title. She then went down & transferred it into their daughters name. My friends name was left on the title but daughters was 1st since she was primary driver.

I agree. To my way of thinking, the company has already received "proof" of death in order to pay off the lien. They aren't then going to turn around and title the vehicle in the name of the person they just confirmed has died in order to pay off the lien, etc... .

This is strictly MOO, however, and I could certainly be wrong.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

I'm new to this case and have tried my best to read as much as I can but I NEED to go to bed(6hr drive with my 7month old tomorrow - eek!) Can someone answer some questions for me?

1. Regarding BC, when and how were the affairs confirmed? What is her relationship with the family like currently? How much of the family suspects she is involved? Has anyone confronted her? If many do suspect her, what initially got family members concerned?

2. Restraining order on Justin? What is this about?

3. What can I do besides sign the change.org petition to get TR involved?

4. Do we know if BC was having an affair when MC went missing?

5. Is there a general theory about what happened if BC was behind it? Is it likely she hired people? Im still bewildered re: the blood in the shop.

This case makes me so sad. It sounds like everyone in the family loved and trusted BC including Papaw.

Pmerle - thank you for sharing all of this information with us! I'm so sorry you and your family have had to go through this living nightmare.

Quote Originally Posted by RuthSleuth View Post
    Sounds like this Texas law may be what allowed BC to manage estate in MC's absence. I believe it was the 60th day when she filed the papers. Here's the link to the whole thing. http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.u...A/htm/FA.3.htm

Sec. 3.301. MISSING, ABANDONED, OR SEPARATED SPOUSE. (a) A spouse may file a sworn petition stating the facts that make it desirable for the petitioning spouse to manage, control, and dispose of community property described or defined in the petition that would otherwise be subject to the sole or joint management, control, and disposition of the other spouse if:
    (1) the other spouse has disappeared and that spouse's location remains unknown to the petitioning spouse, unless the spouse is reported to be a prisoner of war or missing on public service;
    (2) the other spouse has permanently abandoned the petitioning spouse; or
    (3) the spouses are permanently separated.
    (b) The petition may be filed in a court in the county in which the petitioner resided at the time the separation began, or the abandonment or disappearance occurred, not earlier than the 60th day after the date of the occurrence of the event. If both spouses are nonresidents of this state at the time the petition is filed, the petition may be filed in a court in a county in which any part of the described or defined community property is located.

But would this petition declare that missing person dead? Thanks for that information!

Maybe the balance or value of accounts/items is only MCís portion, Idk but the values listed are less than garage sale prices. Smh

I get that, but was trying to say that perhaps a joint checking acct. wouldn't necessarily be listed in that filing. Now, a checking or savings account in his name only WOULD have to be listed- even if Becca was named as the beneficiary of it, which she probably would have been. It would automatically become all Becca's at the time the death cert. was filed ( not sure) and not one of the assets to possibly be sold, or handled in the same manner, IOW, if my husband passed away, our joint account quickly becomes all mine, and vice versa. Now I'm confusing myself, lol.

Page 31 of 58 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 ... LastLast