GUILTY CA - Julia Jacobson, 37, San Diego, 2 Sept 2017 *Arrest*

LisaWL7TR

Former Member
Reaction score
Julia Jacobson, 37, was last seen at a 7-Eleven on Aero Drive Saturday morning about 6:30 a.m. and she was last heard from later the same day about 9:30 p.m. when she texted a friend and said she was in the Palm Springs area, according to friends and San Diego police.

Her actual location is unknown, police said.

Jacobson’s car, a white Chevy Equinox, was discovered abandoned on Thursday morning on Monroe Ave in North Park not far from her Normal Heights home.

According to a post on the “Help find Julia Jacobson” Facebook page, the vehicle was found with all of its windows rolled down at different levels.

The page says that Jacobson’s dog, a Wheaton terrier named Boogie, is also missing.

Jacobson works for 7-Eleven and is an Army veteran, her friends said.

She is described as white, 5 feet 7 inches tall and 150 pounds with blonde hair. She has a tattoo of a crab holding a flower on her hip.

“We have had lots of people asking what they can do to help,” said the Facebook page. “Julia was a spiritual person. So if you could just say a prayer for her safe return that would be appreciated.”

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com...ulia-jacobson-missing-20170907-htmlstory.html

874ab4a1a5ebe8e999603a84b0209ca0.jpg
48a22bdc667197a06fc389cffa05d4e5.jpg
9ffbc8b07e8817c1f89765380089b4de.jpg

A few things I've gathered from the missing page, which is run by her sister, and other media links:

1. her purse was at home
2. phone is missing
3. car was found about 1/2 mile from her house
4. friends indicated she planned to go to Big Bear Lake that day. To get there from San Diego you'd normally take 15 north to 10 to 38. Palm Springs is in the opposite direction by almost 100km. My guess is she decided to cut east at Temecula to pick up or meet up with someone who lives there before heading north. The round trip would take more than 8 hours. The text was made at 9:30pm from palm springs, so my guess is she didn't intend to return until the next day.

When she texted a friend on Saturday night, Julia said she was in Palm Springs with a friend, her family said. She said they were going to Big Bear from palm Springs. Now, she is wondering who that person is.

5. Contrary to how it sounds, her work at 7-11 is as a senior real-estate rep, not as someone that works in the shop (ie she was not seen leaving from a 7-11 she cashiered at).
6. <modsnip>
7. She is specifically an Iraq vet
8. Police are working to get phone data
9. They have notified vets in the area and are checking shelters for Boogie.

The windows rolled down is an interesting detail, but perhaps she drives with them down instead of AC, especially if Boogie likes to stick his head out. Someone dumping the car might not bother to roll them up or notice that detail but she would.

The car was found unlocked on what looks like a nice residential street at 2600 Monroe Ave in University Heights. Hopefully someone from the area can provide more info on that. https://goo.gl/maps/9U8CRRHGsbH2

http://www.10news.com/news/missing-womans-car-found-in-san-diego
http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loc...end-She-Was-in-Palm-Springs-PD-443101423.html

I am very worried for Julia. All of this points to something happening to her in Palm Springs and her car was dumped near where she lived. Why it was parked on the street and not a nearby parking lot is interesting - did someone hope it would get towed?

I would like to know more about whether her wallet/cc/cash was in the purse left at her house. My thinking is she didn't take the purse with her because she normally carries her wallet in her pocket or put it in a backpack instead.

Tracking down this friend she met in Palm springs could be a challenge as Julia appears to not use social media. She does have an Instagram for Boogie that is currently set to private in spite of the 1000+ followers. Phone records will mean a lot here.

[FONT=&quot]1. Sat. Sept. 2nd, 6:30am: Video surveillance from 7-11 in Sera Messa area (San Diego, CA) shows Julia pumping gas, going inside & buying water and banana.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
2. Sat. Sept. 2nd, 9:30pm: Julia contacted friend and stated she was heading to Big Bear (with or to be with a friend).
3. ?: Confirmed sighting of Julia in Ontario, CA. Waiting for video footage.
4. Thurs. Sept. 7th, in AM: Julia's car found abandoned half mile from her home. Private investigator Jacobson - working on video footage from corner store.
[/FONT]

Does she even know she's considered missing? She may return to her car and report it stolen. Let's hope.

<modsnip>Family is very worried, her sister hasn't eaten in 3 days he says...because the messages don't sound like Julia's texts to them. Plus the fact her car was found in a strange manner of the way the windows were rolled.

http://www.10news.com/news/confirmed-sighting-of-missing-army-vet
San Diego Police confirmed that Jacobson, and her Wheaten Terrier Mix "Boogie," were seen on surveillance in Ontario around 8 pm Saturday.

Prior to that, she was seen on a 7/11 surveillance camera off I-15 and Aero Drive. That was at 6:30 that morning. Saturday night around 930, she sent a text message to a friend saying she was in Palm Springs, but her brother said the way the texts were written makes him suspicious.

He said his sister is normally long winded, but the text simply said "Palm Springs today. Big Bear tomorrow." The text also said she was with a friend, but it's unclear who.

"We know it was her phone. We just don't know whose hand it was in," said Jacobson.

Jacobson divorced from her husband about a year ago. Police say they've interviewed him and he's been cooperative.
Timeline
9/2/17 6:30 am: spotted in Sera Mesa 7-11 getting gas then buying water & banana
9/2/17 unknown time: she met with ex-husband
9/2/17 (8:00 pm?): spotted on video in Ontario, Calif.
9/2/17 9:30 pm: she contacted a friend saying going to Big Bear (with/ to meet someone?)
9/7/17 unknown time in am: Julia's car is found 1/2 mile from her home

From the video linked above... In the Ontario surveillance footage, she clearly has a purse, and now we know what she was wearing. Is her hair shaved off or in a ponytail?
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_9599.JPG
    IMG_9599.JPG
    130.9 KB · Views: 2,385
http://www.10news.com/news/confirmed-sighting-of-missing-army-vet

Timeline
9/2/17 6:30 am: spotted in Sera Mesa 7-11 getting gas then buying water & banana
9/2/17 unknown time: she met with ex-husband
9/2/17 (8:00 pm?): spotted on video in Ontario, Calif.
9/2/17 9:30 pm: she contacted a friend saying going to Big Bear (with/ to meet someone?)
9/7/17 unknown time in am: Julia's car is found 1/2 mile from her home

From the video linked above... In the Ontario surveillance footage, she clearly has a purse, and now we know what she was wearing. Is her hair shaved off or in a ponytail?
attachment.php

Where did you read that she met with her ex husband (who is in Arizona). I didn't see that anywhere?

Julia's sister stated in the FJJ group that Julia met with her ex some time during the day on 9/2, but I guess that's considered rumor for now.

[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]Where did she meet her ex? If they met in Ontario then we have a reason for the sighting there. If not then maybe she had other business there/picked up her friend there. It's not on her way to Palm Springs. Then there's the Palm Springs question...if she's in Ontario on 9/2 evening and plans to be in "Big Bear tomorrow" then there's no time for "Palm Springs today". Palm Springs is not on the way to Big Bear from Ontario. Palm Springs and Big Bear are both tourist spots, places she'd probably be going for fun/leisure. Ontario is not. I think the family should be focusing on why she was in Ontario. [/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text]
[/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]I hope her family and investigators are posting "lost/missing dog" alerts on the web, in case someone took the dog in and is posting or looking on local sites like Nextdoor instead of taking to the shelter.[/FONT][/FONT]

According to google maps, it takes about 1 hour and 15 min. to drive the I-10 from Ontario to Big Bear Lake area.
And no, Palm Springs is certainly not on the way there. Something is hinky with that story.

My understanding is that both the 8 PM sighting in Ontario and the 9:30 P.M. text which the family deemed suspicious were verified as to the time on 9/2/17.

Was she divorced about a year ago? IF so, I wonder why she'd be meeting with the ex on the same day?
They didn't have children together thats been reported anyway.

And WHO put her car 1/2 mil away from her home on 9/5 a full five days later with the windows rolled down.

Thoughts as I'm reading...

1) If it wasn't Julia who returned her car, has to be someone who knows her. Unless she keeps her address on something in the car, you can't guess that kind of proximity.

2) Wonder if they've contacted airlines. Ontario has a major airport.

3) This was Labor Day weekend. Big Bear would have been a madhouse. Palm Springs as well, but it's less "confined" for lack of a better word. That could help explain the night travel. If she made it there, it also increases the chances someone saw her and is now nowhere near San Diego.

4) It's possible the friend was the one to send the texts because J was driving.

5) If meeting with the ex is true, there go my red flags (but I've been following the Crystal McDowell thread). However, I think it's interesting she is seen on surveillance after that alleged meeting it seems?

Really hoping we get some ping data or something on this one since knowing her movements will be really key.

ETA: Additionally, being a holiday, did she have reservations in PS or BB? No way you're touching lodging/camping without them. Also, do we know if the car was put there 5 days later or found there 5 days later? Big difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/c...ance-Family-Searches-Red-Flags-443453943.html

Julia’s black handbag was found inside, unzipped and with hardly anything in it.
Could just be because she had switched purses. She's not holding a black bag in the surveillance footage.

Jon, who has worked as a private investigator in criminal cases for the past 20 years, said he can’t help but fear the worst in his sister’s case.
Better and worse for the family. At least they have an expert on their side.

Jon said it is extremely out of character for Julia to abruptly lose contact with her family – especially their nearly 80-year-old father, whom she calls every single day.
Their mother died of breast cancer in February.

...new job she had been offered in San Antonio, Texas. Julia had decided to accept the position and was thrilled to be moving there...she had recently been through a bitter divorce.
Bitter divorce doesn't sound good. There was no mention of the boyfriend in the Navy in this article. Again, a dangerous recipe possibly.

Jon has been told by police that Julia’s ex-husband met up with her on the morning of Sept. 2. By 8 p.m. that day, she was in Ontario, California, about 120 miles north of San Diego County... At this point, he is not suspected by SDPD in her disappearance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, she met somewhere in CA with ex who is from AZ, a man she had a bitter divorce with. She is later seen in Ontario at 8:00 pm, which is not a direct path on the way to Big Bear. Did she make it to Big Bear? Where would she stay, hotel or campsite or friend's house? What or who is in Ontario that she would make that detour? Where was ex all day and the days following?

I am pretty certain that the brother who is a PI has information (and training) that is beyond what we are piecing together here--but there are some unusual elements about this story.

As the poster noted above, Ontario is quite out of the way if driving from San Diego to Big Bear. Julia had to have a specific reason to head in that (westerly) direction. Does this relate to "the friend"? Who is this person?

Is it logical that she would drive an hour east from Ontario to Palm Springs at night for an overnight stay to go up to Big Bear the next day? Not to me, because the most direct route to Big Bear would be from the San Bernardino/Redlands area which is close to Ontario! It is possible to go through Morongo/Yucca Valley as a more direct route to Big Bear from Palm Springs, but that whole trajectory from San Diego to Big Bear would be very unusual. I have a sense that she was never in Palm Springs, and someone was employing a delaying tactic to throw off those that might have been concerned about her. (It still would be a illogical and suspicious cover story.)

She texted that she was going to Big Bear, but didn't initially say anything about Palm Springs. This is very suspicious also. The route this whole trip is taking is absurd--unless it is a total fabrication, or the "friend" influenced the route somehow.

And then, her car shows up close to where she left from, dog missing also? Were Julia and the dog in that car when it returned to San Diego? Why would someone bring that car back to SD if she wasn't in it? There's some big clues in that part of the story, but I am not quite sure what they are.

I think the key I see to determine when her car was parked there, and who was driving it. Her brother will probably get cooperation from LE to view the various cams in the area to figure that out.

Maybe this doesn't ring anybody else's bells, but why would anyone electively go to Big Bear on a busy holiday weekend that is blisteringly hot, and with a dog, no less? It's not as if it's a winter wonderland with cool breezes up there, despite being in a mountainous area.

Lest you think I'm criticizing her choices, my conclusion is different: she may have had no intention of going to Big Bear at all, and that was a ruse also.

Perhaps she went to the east LA Basin (Ontario) directly and with express intent. The whole Big Bear/Palm Springs route makes little sense, and that is possibly because it never happened, and there was never any plans for that in the first place.

If so, why the subterfuge?

Maybe this doesn't ring anybody else's bells, but why would anyone electively go to Big Bear on a busy holiday weekend that is blisteringly hot, and with a dog, no less? It's not as if it's a winter wonderland with cool breezes up there, despite being in a mountainous area.

Lest you think I'm criticizing her choices, my conclusion is different: she may have had no intention of going to Big Bear at all, and that was a ruse also.

Perhaps she went to the east LA Basin (Ontario) directly and with express intent. The whole Big Bear/Palm Springs route makes little sense, and that is possibly because it never happened, and there was never any plans for that in the first place.

If so, why the subterfuge?
I agree. Maybe she just said Big Bear, so she would not get 20 questions about why she was going to Canada. I wonder if someone checked with her job to see if she asked for time off.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
legalpyro74
Back