Websleuths makes the news!

Paradise

Reaction score
I wasn't sure where to post this, but websleuths made the news in my area. Apparently the thread I started on Miriam Acevedo who has been missing from Shillington, PA since 12/24/05 came up first when they did a search of internet sites who talk about Miriam. I'm so excited that they mentioned it on the news! I already have a thread about her in Missing Persons Information and Support. Here's a link to the article that mentions us: http://wfmz.com/cgi-bin/tt.cgi?action=viewstory&storyid=12083

Paradise said:
I wasn't sure where to post this, but websleuths made the news in my area. Apparently the thread I started on Miriam Acevedo who has been missing from Shillington, PA since 12/24/05 came up first when they did a search of internet sites who talk about Miriam. I'm so excited that they mentioned it on the news! I already have a thread about her in Missing Persons Information and Support. Here's a link to the article that mentions us: http://wfmz.com/cgi-bin/tt.cgi?action=viewstory&storyid=12083

That's cool Paradise! I bet you about flipped when they mentioned WS....and to know you started the thread!!!!

In the case discussion area, there is a case which I have been following and trying to help get the word out to national media. The case is the murder of 25 year old Janet Abaroa, a beautiful young mother and wife, who had recently found out she was pregnant with the couple's second child.

Janet was a very low risk victim. She was stabbed to death while her six month old baby slept in the house with her, alone after she was dead.
Her murder happened at the same time as the national news story of the GA " Runaway Bride" so it was not picked up anywhere except in her local Raleigh/ Durham area news outlets.
The case has not been discussed by police since the initial statement that they do not believe her murder was a random act..

No POI has been named.

I hope that we can help effect public awareness of Janet's unsolved murder, as it has never received any public attention.

I don't mean to highjack your thread, but felt compelled to say that I hope WS does make a difference, and can help one woman return home safely and can help put a murderer behind bars where he belongs in the Abaroa case.

Thank you for reading.

Wow, we're becoming famous! With the proper information this site really can make a difference. Everyone is certainly willing to devote the time and energy.

WS :clap: :clap: :clap:

GREAT JOB Paradise! You may want to pm Tricia to make sure she's aware of the article, I'll bet she'd appreciate it.

Gabby said:
We Do Make A Difference....

Thanks, Gabs! I KNEW someday I'd have a use for this one.....

k37kvk.jpg
k37mms.gif
k37n9s.gif

Yes we do make a difference. Remember that our efforts helped in the recovery of Erik Buran.

bakerprune64 said:
Yes we do make a difference. Remember that our efforts helped in the recovery of Erik Buran.
:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Paradise - *gulp* Without trying to be annoying (please refer to it being a criminal act on the internet via the other Up to the Minute thread :rolleyes: ), can I have your autograph? All kidding aside, this is wonderful. I think there are some great minds on here and I know I have been enlightened, laughed, learned and found friends on WS. :blowkiss:

:woohoo: :woohoo:We are famous... WS is great..

We have so many wonderful people here and I do believe that Websleuths does make a difference!! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

If I'm not mistaken, I believe WS is also mentioned in Matt Birkbeck's book "A Beautiful Child". Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it's in the paperback version.

This is cool. I juts hope they did not get in the Jury room or PL . Then they will think we are a bunch of NUTZ :crazy:

:clap: Websleuths is the best!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back