1006 users online (131 members and 875 guests)  

Websleuths News

CA - Baby Found Dead In Newark Fast Food Restaurant

http://www.nbc11.com/news/6010075/detail.html

The baby, believed to be less than five days old, was found at about 4:30 p.m. close to a garbage can in front of a Jack in the Box restaurant. The person who found the baby brought him inside the restaurant where attempts to revive him by CPR were unsuccessful, Newark Police Lt. Jim Leal said.

What is happening with these gals that they can just throw away their babies?
    You put the light in me...

A patron dumping trash in a receptacle near the restaurant's entrance about 4:30 p.m. saw a dead baby wrapped in a blanket lying in the garbage, Leal said. The baby boy was described as having a dark complexion and dark hair.

The lieutenant went on to say that parents who feel compelled to get rid of their newborn child can take the baby to most fire stations or hospital emergency rooms.

In 2000, Gov. Gray Davis signed the Safely Surrendered Baby Law, which allows parents to give up their unwanted infant without fear of arrest or prosecution. It went into effect in January 2001 and listed hospital emergency rooms as safe havens. The law later was amended to include fire stations.
    http://www.insidebayarea.com/dailyre...ews/ci_3394888
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

http://www.insidebayarea.com/argus/localnews/ci_3498701

One month later, 5 day old baby is still unidentified.

Quote Originally Posted by Alice253
    http://www.nbc11.com/news/6010075/detail.html

The baby, believed to be less than five days old, was found at about 4:30 p.m. close to a garbage can in front of a Jack in the Box restaurant. The person who found the baby brought him inside the restaurant where attempts to revive him by CPR were unsuccessful, Newark Police Lt. Jim Leal said.

What is happening with these gals that they can just throw away their babies?

I just watched the video of the 37 pound woman and her baby. What this woman went through to have a child and then another will leave a baby to die or kill it or discard it like trash. Boggles the mind and breaks the heart.
    IMHO

There is also the possibility that something happened to the baby's mother too....

Stories like this confuse me...someone somewhere has to know something...I'm sure the mother didn't live in seclusion during her pregnancy. Someone saw her surely. The baby items were bought by somebody...

I wonder how many babies get thrown out in the trash and DON'T get noticed...

Happiness...consists in giving, and in serving others.
    - Henry Drummond

Quote Originally Posted by Paradise
    I wonder how many babies get thrown out in the trash and DON'T get noticed...
    What a horrible thought I've thought about that kind of stuff too!