1045 users online (170 members and 875 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Why did she move back home?

She had just been at the beach with her family the day before looking happy and healthy. Then she leaves the next morning intending to only be gone an hour. She wasn't dressed for a jog, so there are only a few things you dip out for an hour for that I can think of:

1. Cigarettes
    2. Groceries
    3. Coffee
    4. A fix
    5. Feed someone's pet
    6. Emergency

Another thing, on the 16th she says she is going back to Jacksonville to live, indicating she was somewhere other than Jacksonville (NC?). She posts a video two days later of her back yard. Where is that? It has a giant pond ringed with trees only steps from her back steps.

Finally, on Aug 26th she posts a picture of a cake "this guy" made her. She has what seems to be a boyfriend in Lancaster SC, BE, who she has a selfie with on July 9th.

On June 24th she was in Fort Lawn, SC.

So when did she arrive in NC? A clearer picture of her movements leading up to this can help us get an idea of where she has friends, why she was moving around so much, and where she could be now.

Now for the drug connection, I believe Abby did not do drugs as her friend/family is telling us and we should respect that. (At least definitely not heroin). Her friend Christina overdosed this past summer which is likely where the interest in drug prevention is coming from. If you read Christina's timeline, look for a post by JH around the time she was found. It is unclear if Abby was in Florida when it happened but she was not already in NC since her family is saying they miss her in comments under Abby's memorial post about Christina.

Abby was last seen getting into a brown Buick in the area of East 9th Street in Lumberton, according to Captain Terry Parker with Lumberton police. Who might own the brown buick? I agree with Cherry, her cell phone records are important here. What do the pings say? When did activity stop?
    Last edited by Vail; 09-30-2017 at 12:42 PM.

Let me add a little here. The 3 bodies found have been tied to prostitution or drugs locally.
    Word on the street was that Bennett and Jones worked as prostitutes, but neither had a criminal history suggesting such.
    The third woman MO has had the most info released to date:
    http://www.robesonian.com/news/99726...st-grisly-find
    The woman identified as the person whose badly decomposed body was found Saturday behind a house on East Eighth Street was interviewed by a Raleigh television station the day after two bodies were found April 18 in the same neighborhood.
    http://www.robesonian.com/news/99766...-of-two-bodies

In 2015 two more known prostitutes found dead in same area:
    http://www.robesonian.com/archive/52...titutes_linked

As soon as I find the link again I will post but a friend of MO claimed she left to fin a fix and never returned and family says she was found “naked and bloody”. LE is trying to say nothing. Amazingly in Fayetteville NC and Wilminton, NC both towns about 30 or so miles from Lumberton has had several unsolved prostitute deaths in recent years also. I realize prostitution is a high risk career choice but this is more than that I believe. I know that the missing AP was a member of Facebook group “BOH Sister” an online group for recovering addicts who were treated at the Bridge of Hope facility. Perhaps her family is in the dark about her issues but in the area she went missing drugs and prostitution are rampant. Perhaps she was just in the wrong place at the wrong time but but if she had a dependence issue it could be very important to finding her. Unfortunately I think it is too early to rule out any connection to the others yet. The local pd is also trying to downplay the connection between the first 3 also.

Also Vail that is Jacksonville , Fla. where she previously resided.
    If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck and waddles like a duck, sometimes it is just a duck.

Quote Originally Posted by Grouchymom View Post
    Also Vail that is Jacksonville , Fla. where she previously resided.
    Thank you! She seemed to be in a lot of different places in the months prior to being in NC.

I don't think it is a stretch to speculate she may have had some dependency issues, especially since she clearly has friends who have struggled with it.
    I am still not totally sure if she is involved in these addiction support groups for herself or as a friend of an addict, but both scenarios point to potential danger. If she was meeting someone that morning who is an addict, it could involve her in something dangerous as easily as if she got herself into it. It is really hard to ignore the obvious connection these deaths have with the area, whether they are directly connected to each other or not and the fact she was seen getting into an unknown car is sketchy.

Her family states all her friends moved on and no one is left in Lumberton but this is completely false. According to her FB friends list, she has connections with over 40 people (likely high school friends) who are still in Lumberton, some of which have clear drug-related interests. A detective with the Robeson Cnty Sherriff is also on her friends list oddly enough.

Idk but its no use denying this beautiful young woman struggle with some sort of addiction. After all its on her fb page with folks congratulating her on the sober milestones.
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_D0HC8RFXZVo/Sm4sWrmXXiI/AAAAAAAAAOs/fe1Urm9FPpQ/s400/mbfashion.gif

And googling heroin and Lumberton tells me this area has a pretty huge problem. JMO

Quote Originally Posted by Dalagali View Post
    Article from today: http://wpde.com/news/local/lumberton...-missing-woman

Police say her disappearance isn't connected to the deaths of three women around that same area.
    How on earth could they be so sure of that at this point?

I am from Raleigh and am very familiar with the area due to my previous profession. Robeson county is one of the poorest counties in the state and drug issues are rampant. It's also an interesting county politically due to the Lumbee tribe and the racial makeup of the county. I don't want to claim that there's a lot of corruption because I can't say that as a fact, but there's definitely a lot of questionable stuff that goes on in the county both in private businesses and government. Sadly, I wouldn't trust Robeson County LE as far as I could throw them. None of the higher profile disappearances or murders that have occurred there in recent years have been solved.

Quote Originally Posted by JLD333 View Post
    How on earth could they be so sure of that at this point?

I am from Raleigh and am very familiar with the area due to my previous profession. Robeson county is one of the poorest counties in the state and drug issues are rampant. It's also an interesting county politically due to the Lumbee tribe and the racial makeup of the county. I don't want to claim that there's a lot of corruption because I can't say that as a fact, but there's definitely a lot of questionable stuff that goes on in the county both in private businesses and government. Sadly, I wouldn't trust Robeson County LE as far as I could throw them. None of the higher profile disappearances or murders that have occurred there in recent years have been solved.
    I also have family ties to that area, and everything you say is correct. It's hard to explain how corrupt, poor, and addicted the whole area is, if you've never been connected to it. It's a mess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JLD333 View Post
    How on earth could they be so sure of that at this point?.

I'm thinking they're bluffing...

I live in an adjoining county which is one of the reasons I am having difficulty with the LE info in these cases. The population of Lumberton has grown to 21,542 in the 2010 census from 20,795 in the 2000 census. Not a big city by any means and surely not large enough for all of these incidents to be coincidence. However our Barney Fife local PD’s usually look at drug and sex worker deaths as a positive that is cleaning up the community instead of a crime worthy of a lot of resources.

I ran across the two similar cases from 2015 in Lumberton and in 2016 Hurricane Matthew flooded the area and every body found in it’s aftermath was credited to it. The county I live in is in the center of the triangle between, Wilminton, Fayetteville, and Lumberton, NC. All three have locals believing there is a serial killer in the area due to the bodies of marginalized women found but no one looks at them all together. My county has not had any. But we don’t have a city large enough to attract many ppl. If I need to do more than grocery shopping or lowe’s Hardware we have to go to one of these 3 cities.

Lumberton is right on I-95 Fayetteville has Fort Bragg and I-40 runs to Wilmington. There has been a serial killer in Rocky Mount NC in recent years but the victims there do not match these victims. When I say that the area in Lumberton is a hotbed of drugs and Prostitution I mean HOTBED. Unfortunately a young woman in daisy dukes would easily be mistaken for a participant. (not saying she was wearing them).

Do we need a second thread for the bodies or what help me out fellow sleuthers
    Last edited by Grouchymom; 10-01-2017 at 04:19 AM.
    If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck and waddles like a duck, sometimes it is just a duck.

I live in an adjoining county which is one of the reasons I am having difficulty with the LE info in these cases. The population of Lumberton has grown to 21,542 in the 2010 census from 20,795 in the 2000 census. Not a big city by any means and surely not large enough for all of these incidents to be coincidence. However our Barney Fife local PD’s usually look at drug and sex worker deaths as a positive that is cleaning up the community instead of a crime worthy of a lot of resources.

I ran across the two similar cases from 2015 in Lumberton and in 2016 Hurricane Matthew flooded the area and every body found in it’s aftermath was credited to it. The county I live in is in the center of the triangle between, Wilminton, Fayetteville, and Lumberton, NC. All three have locals believing there is a serial killer in the area due to the bodies of marginalized women found but no one looks at them all together. My county has not had any. But we don’t have a city large enough to attract many ppl. If I need to do more than grocery shopping or lowe’s Hardware we have to go to one of these 3 cities.

Lumberton is right on I-85 Fayetteville has Fort Bragg and I-40 runs to Wilmington. There has been a serial killer in Rocky Mount NC in recent years but the victims there do not match these victims. When I say that the area in Lumberton is a hotbed of drugs and Prostitution I mean HOTBED. Unfortunately a young woman in daisy dukes would easily be mistaken for a participant. (not saying she was wearing them).

I agree there needs to be a thread set up to track the victims discovered in Robeson and Cumberland counties, if there hasn't been one set up already.

I currently live in Myrtle Beach but I grew up in Dillon SC (about 30 miles away)... so I'm very familiar with the area. The number of female bodies that have been discovered in Lumberton, and elsewhere in Robeson County, over the last few years is incredibly disturbing. If I remember correctly, there was a cluster of females discovered in 2015 and then the cluster that was discovered back in April. These are just the ones I can recall off the top of my head. The bodies discovered in April were all found in, or around, vacant properties in the same neighborhood. There is even one article that quotes Megan Oxendine speaking about the bodies that were found in her neighborhood back in April, and then her body was discovered two months later in June.

https://www.google.com/amp/wncn.com/...ghborhood/amp/

I also know many people who believe an active serial killer lives in the area. It's all very alarming.
    ✌️

According to her FB page she moved to Charlotte, NC in September 2016 - the month she became sober.
    She posted 5 months sober in February. That's the 1st time she did that. But that's the last time she did that too - not 6 months, 7 months, etc. 1 year should have been big in September.
    She started dating her boyfriend in April 2017. (He lives in Lancaster, SC, close to Charlotte).
    August 18th she moved back to Jacksonville, FL.
    August 25th she posts about repeating self destructive behaviors, her mom 'likes' with a sad face.
    September 4th she went to Holden beach (Near Wilmington, not far from Lumberton) with her mom, grandma and sister.
    Went missing the next day.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    Last edited by pamelado2; 10-04-2017 at 10:24 PM.

NC - Abby Lynn Patterson, 20, Lumberton, 5 Sept 2017

I wonder if the police are attempting to throw someone off their trail when they say she has no connection to the other girls? I just think it was a very quick response, unless they have proof of something else and they aren’t wanting to reveal that yet. I hope they have checked local hospitals and rehabs (in the event she found herself needing help), assuming there was addiction of any kind.

I hope and pray that she is getting help for something and didn’t want to disclose that right away, and nothing more sinister is at play.

Quote Originally Posted by tiffay01 View Post
    I wonder if the police are attempting to throw someone off their trail when they say she has no connection to the other girls? I just think it was a very quick response, unless they have proof of something else and they aren’t wanting to reveal that yet. I hope they have checked local hospitals and rehabs (in the event she found herself needing help), assuming there was addiction of any kind.

I hope and pray that she is getting help for something and didn’t want to disclose that right away, and nothing more sinister is at play.
    Sadly, I think they just want people to believe that's the case so they don't feel the heat to catch a serial killer.

Lumberton is right on I-95 Fayetteville has Fort Bragg and I-40 runs to Wilmington. There has been a serial killer in Rocky Mount NC in recent years but the victims there do not match these victims. When I say that the area in Lumberton is a hotbed of drugs and Prostitution I mean HOTBED. Unfortunately a young woman in daisy dukes would easily be mistaken for a participant. (not saying she was wearing them).

Yes! I will help as much as my 8 month old will allow me to These girls need someone to advocate for them- even if it's just us!

Quote Originally Posted by pamelado2 View Post
    According to her FB page she moved to Charlotte, NC in September 2016 - the month she became sober.
    She posted 5 months sober in February. That's the 1st time she did that. But that's the last time she did that too - not 6 months, 7 months, etc. 1 year should have been big in September.
    She started dating her boyfriend in April 2017. (He lives in Lancaster, SC, close to Charlotte).
    August 18th she moved back to Jacksonville, FL.
    August 25th she posts about repeating self destructive behaviors, her mom 'likes' with a sad face.
    September 4th she went to Holden beach (Near Wilmington, not far from Lumberton) with her mom, grandma and sister.
    Went missing the next day.
    great post. Says A LOT.

IMO. I am sad for what she was dealing with, "repeating self destructive behaviors". And don't have a good feeling. =(
    Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has.
    Margaret Mead

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast