1056 users online (142 members and 914 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 85 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SumnerRain View Post
    Yup, her son is the older one and has long hair.
    He has amazing hair. Those natural highlights! They are both beautiful kids. My heart hurts for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Gardenista View Post
    If you follow on FB, her friends and family are supporting Paul. That's all that matters.
    That's good to know. Thanks.
    Where is Sky Metalwala???

If you follow on FB, her friends and family are supporting Paul. That's all that matters.
    It seems there are very very few people on the Facebook pages that actually know her. I've seen some that knew her years ago but haven't seen her in forever. But that's about it.

I wonder what their beef is with her ex-husband? Have they always disliked him?

I'm still stuck on LE saying here are other POIs in this case who may have had something to do wth this. Crystal obviously was love by all, had loads of friends. But among them is the person who disappeared her.

I also watch a lot of ID and it was brought up that there have been several cases where RE agents were showing homes and disappeared by a prospective "client". This could have been planned and orchestrated by a perp who had targeted her.

So, I don't think it's an accident or coincidence this happened the day before Hirricane Harvey rolled into town. It wouldn't be the first time someone used a natural disaster to cover up a murder.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperTmo View Post
    It seems there are very very few people on the Facebook pages that actually know her. I've seen some that knew her years ago but haven't seen her in forever. But that's about it.
    We must be following different people.

Quote Originally Posted by manlet View Post
    I wonder what their beef is with her ex-husband? Have they always disliked him?
    Not seeing too much about past feelings about ex, but it's quite apparent they are supportive of Paul.

We must be following different people.
    Maybe. There are multiple pages for her.

Quote Originally Posted by manlet View Post
    Sometimes when people are deeply depressed or feel like they can't voice how they honestly feel they say the exact opposite of what they mean. A red herring. I think this is called, 'smiling depression' in psychology. One can look so happy and be so friendly but inside they feel like they're dying.

My mom use to tell me, "those who're truly happy don't mention it" because they're too busy enjoying the moment and aren't in the frame of mind to tell others how happy or great their life is. So... it's something to think about.
    But that post on facebook wasn't the only place she said she was happy. She said in text messages to the friend (BB) that she was happy about her new boyfriend and in text messages to her boyfriend she seems to be head-over-heels in love (JMO). She was planning a cruise and then after that a trip to Belgium with the boyfriend and she told him in texts how excited she was to travel with him. Her uncle said she was successful in her real estate career. She was building a new home for herself. The only thing in life she did not seem happy about was her ex who she called a jerk and said he takes advantage of her. I think she was moving on with her life and was happy how it was working out. Someone didn't like that she was happy. JMO.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good. Romans 12:21

Quote Originally Posted by whitelilac View Post
    If he is then I think he's been reading here.
    I am quite sure he has been reading here.
    The comment(s) above are my opinion only, unless I have provided a link.

Personally, I don't always trust that comments on social media are necessarily sincere. I think most people nowadays don't post true feelings/opinions in comments if they feel it might rub others the wrong way, thus setting themselves up for backlash and hordes of people with torches & bloodhounds chasing them down to burn them at the stake, lol. So they post something "nice" out of obligation, or they don't post anything at all. Social media, imo, is VERY superficial and I take everything I witness on all of it with a grain of salt. (UNLESS it's strictly, and obviously, a small group of people/family that actually know one another.) The comments on eithers fb don't hold a lot of weight with me in regards to this situation (simply because I don't know who's who-[family? friends?] posting those comments.)

Also, in regards to the "love" professed by both cm & ph: really? I don't doubt they may have been experiencing a rush of wonderful emotions but...true love? Call me skeptical, jaded, cynical whatever, just please don't throw things at me for expressing these OPINIONS of mine. (~;

Quote Originally Posted by mumzysr View Post
    Personally, I don't always trust that comments on social media are necessarily sincere. I think most people nowadays don't post true feelings/opinions in comments if they feel it might rub others the wrong way, thus setting themselves up for backlash and hordes of people with torches & bloodhounds chasing them down to burn them at the stake, lol. So they post something "nice" out of obligation, or they don't post anything at all. Social media, imo, is VERY superficial and I take everything I witness on all of it with a grain of salt. (UNLESS it's strictly, and obviously, a small group of people/family that actually know one another.) The comments on eithers fb don't hold a lot of weight with me in regards to this situation (simply because I don't know who's who-[family? friends?] posting those comments.)

Also, in regards to the "love" professed by both cm & ph: really? I don't doubt they may have been experiencing a rush of wonderful emotions but...true love? Call me skeptical, jaded, cynical whatever, just please don't throw things at me for expressing these OPINIONS of mine. (~;
    I think they could have been in love, especially what they felt was love. It could have just been the rush of the newness of the relationship, but it could also have been love. Neither were teenagers and at least she had been married before, so I don't think neither of them were unfamiliar with that feeling. At least it appears it was to them. She wrote it in texts and he has said it in interviews. Whether or not it would have been love to us, it was obviously love to them.

I haven't read anything on social media, thus far. I've watched Nancy Grace, (now Ashley Banfield), since I was 9 or 10. I think Crystal's ex husband could use this huge nationwide platform to help in finding the mother of his children. I don't like his excuse one bit as to why he doesn't want to even speak via telephone to HLN. I hope he's helping with the search.. Thank God for Tim Miller!

IMO -

The 'inappropriate' relationship comment by the Sheriff is just unprofessional. They should not be leading the case. My concern is that the reason they are concentrating in the current search is because it IS in their county jurisdiction. The original ping site is not. It is in Baytown!

I don't know the family or the LE and this is all my opinion. The sheriff may have made the comment about her relationships without thinking about the words he was using. I wouldn't spend time parsing his words. I would also not post much that is being said online in FB. Crystal's children are going to read these things. The parents of their friends will read them and their friends will hear them. Children are cruel. Not only have they lost a parent so publicly but it is soon after a divorce where they were split about who to live with. Friends and family are upset and concerned. There will be some trolls, some gossip and innuendo and finger pointing that will not help. Baytown can be cliquish. There is still a small town feel if your family is well known (like Paul's and Crystal's). We only had two high schools until the last decade when it has exploded.

The family likely searched the townhouse before the report. The car search was the fault of the sheriff's ineptness. If it was evidence he should have towed the car. If he wanted to search the home, he could have treated it like a crime scene. Any family would be frantic. If it were me, I would have gone there right after the Ex's home. In that situation your first thought is not that they were abducted or a crime victim. You want to believe THAT could never happen. So they go to the home to make sure she hasn't fallen or had a medical emergency. They find the laptop (I think at ex's). It has been wiped intentionally. So they start searching for phone numbers of her clients, her listings, etc. Anything that might help them find where or who she was supposed to meet.

In the meantime LE appeared to do nothing. They supposedly assigned a person on the case throughout the storm but it didn't seem like there was much communication. Baytown was hit very hard by Harvey. Major cell phone towers were out and some landline phones and electricity are still not restored. The rural area of the county was hit harder. The claim that Baytown PD was not involved because they are stretched thin should have applied to both forces. The Baytown PD did not lose power and the areas mentioned are all very near their HQ on Main Street. It is also a stone's throw from both Crystal's office and the ping site. I just don't understand why Baytown was not involved. LE could have easily put the townhouse on lockdown if they could not search it immediately. Being publicly frustrated with the family for frantically going through every single possible shred of ideas is a bit rich.

The family got people out to the ping site and then LE stopped the search because the public might disturb evidence. Now they call for a huge public search in the rural area near the Ex's job. I'm sure the public could disturb evidence there too, right? Why is either location different? Why not another search in the ping area also? I guess I'm just not impressed with LE. I hope I'm wrong and they are just keeping it close.

Crystal's car should have been impounded as soon as it was found. It should NEVER have been in the Motel parking lot unattended. Of course the family would rush out there and search. They felt police were NOT doing anything. I don't blame them for LE's ineptness. LE could have requested support from the FBI and/or the Texas Rangers. Either would have sent resources to help coordinate with the various agencies, families, counties, and sites. Their resources were probably not so stretched. They have a larger pool of investigators. Once Crystal did not get in contact with her young children during such a dangerous storm and her laptop was found intentionally formatted, it was a clear signal that time was of the essence.

Seajay, I guess that's one way of looking at it but I just see things differently I suppose.

Kelsk, ex is leaving himself open to a lot of speculation for sure. If I were to attempt to put myself in his shoes, I'm not quite sure how I would respond. From what I know (from reading, not personally), he MAY have only learned of bf, her disappearance, the cruise etc., etc., all in one sitting. That's a LOT to process. Add to that this relative "stranger" taking the reins in the situation and presenting himself as being so knowledgable to the media and the public at large, I would think that would feel like a major gut punch. Idk. It's all so strange. Who knows what the poor guy is going through. Shock, I'm sure. Big time. He may be feeling railroaded and like he can't get a word in edgewise. Who knows? I feel for him right now though. It appears he's been a dutiful father while cm pursued her careers and interests so I give him props for that much.

Page 3 of 85 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast