1411 users online (284 members and 1127 guests)  



Websleuths News


Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 38
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    749

    Where is Steve Thomas today?

    Just wondering where Steve Thomas is today. Since he
    felt so passionate about this case, just wondered how
    long he followed it. Did he end up leaving Boulder. Has
    he ever been interviewed?

  2. #2
    IrishMist's Avatar
    IrishMist is offline You can't control the wind - but you can adjust your sails
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Southeastern Tennessee
    Posts
    7,469
    Ellen, this site has info on him. Not sure how current it is...

    http://www.forstevethomas.com/

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    3,053
    I enjoyed his book and I wish Steve Thomas well, but I am not a fan of his. Steve vigorously but blindly pursued a Patsy-Did-It theory with no real evidence to support it, so he manufactured some evidence and presented it as fact to the DA and assembled VIP's on June 1 and 2, 1998 in an aborted effort to get an indictment on Patsy. The twisted bogus evidence seriously misdirected the investigation and, IMO, cost him his job just weeks later.

    BlueCrab

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    749
    Quote Originally Posted by IrishMist
    Ellen, this site has info on him. Not sure how current it is...

    http://www.forstevethomas.com/
    I appreciate you giving me that site-thanks Irish Mist

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,389
    There are posters who are very protective of Steve Thomas. If they know where he is and what he is doing, they won't say on a public forum.
    This is only my opinion

    Let the focus be on Madeleine




    Together we can make a difference





    Alert Viewer in Scotland

    Member of Websleuths since April 2000

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    1,652
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueCrab
    I enjoyed his book and I wish Steve Thomas well, but I am not a fan of his. Steve vigorously but blindly pursued a Patsy-Did-It theory with no real evidence to support it, so he manufactured some evidence
    BlueCrab
    I'm currently reading Steve's book, and I can't imagine a type like him manufacturing any evidence. So would you please name the kind of evidence he allegedly manufactured, and back it up with reliable sources. Thanks.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    6,932
    Well, wherever he is, I wish him well. I am a believer that he knew what he was talking about. He stood up for little JonBenet when no one else would...not even her mom and dad. He's a stand-up guy...it's too bad there aren't more people like him in this world.

    This doesn't have anything to do with Steve Thomas, but last week while we were on vacation, I could have sworn I saw John and Patsy. I was sitting in a lounge chair in front of the ocean when a couple strolled past me. A half an hour later they walked by me again. It looked so much like Patsy, I was sure it was her. The man looked a lot like John, but I wasn't so sure.

    Has anyone heard anything more on how Patsy is doing?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    NSW Australia
    Posts
    9,183
    In the NE 1/23/06 issue it is reported that Patsy has announced she has beat cancer again.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    1,795
    Whereever he is, if he has children, I hope one of them is a bedwetter. He clearly needed to learn what a small deal that is.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    30,910
    Quote Originally Posted by tipper
    Whereever he is, if he has children, I hope one of them is a bedwetter. He clearly needed to learn what a small deal that is.
    The number one preceding cause of physical child abuse is bed wetting. It's the truth.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    6,932
    Quote Originally Posted by Linda7NJ
    The number one preceding cause of physical child abuse is bed wetting. It's the truth.
    And I believe it was the catalyst in the event that unfolded. I also believe there's much more that was going on in that house than we know about. I think things just got out of contol. It happens. For some reason people just don't want to think it's possible, but it does.

    As for Patsy beating cancer yet again, good for her. She seems to be able to beat it over and over. I've known a lot of people who haven't been so lucky. She's got more lives than a cat. I do hope she really is in recovery.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    1,652
    Quote Originally Posted by luvbeaches
    And I believe it was the catalyst in the event that unfolded. I also believe there's much more that was going on in that house than we know about. I think things just got out of contol. It happens. For some reason people just don't want to think it's possible, but it does.

    As for Patsy beating cancer yet again, good for her. She seems to be able to beat it over and over. I've known a lot of people who haven't been so lucky. She's got more lives than a cat. I do hope she really is in recovery.
    Interesting isn't it, in view of the fact that ovarian cancer is among the most fast-proceeding and deadly cancers existent.
    Whether it was a compassion story the Ramseys planted or whether not, good for her that she is not ill because then there remains the theoretical chance that she will finally tell what happened on that fatal night, maybe to alleviate her conscience. Wonders do happen.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    1,795
    Quote Originally Posted by Linda7NJ
    The number one preceding cause of physical child abuse is bed wetting. It's the truth.
    That may be true. I couldn't find anything on Google to support it but it doesn't seem unreasonable that some types of parents would overreact to toilet training issues. I did however, find a risk factors associated with child abusers. None seem to apply to the Ramseys.


    http://www.medicinenet.com/child_abuse/page2.htm

    Is there an association between poverty and child abuse?

    While children of families in all income levels suffer maltreatment, research suggests that family income is strongly related to incidence rates. Children from families with annual incomes below $15,000 per year are more than 25 times more likely than children from families with annual income above $30,000 to be harmed or endangered by abuse or neglect. Poverty clearly predisposes to child abuse.

    http://www.medicinenet.com/child_abu...#35whatfactors

    What factors predispose a person to child abuse?


    Specialists evaluating an abused child's environment and family background have noted several risk factors for potential abuse:

    1. The abuser's childhood: approximately 20% of offenders were themselves abused as children.
    2. The abuser's substance abuse: children in alcohol-abusing families are nearly 4 times more likely to be mistreated, almost 5 times more likely to be physically neglected, and 10 times more likely to be emotionally neglected than children in non-alcohol- abusing families. Of all child abuse cases, 50-80% involve some degree of substance abuse by the child's parents.
    3. Family stress: the disintegration of the nuclear family and its inherent support systems have been held to be associated with child abuse.
    4. Social forces: experts debate whether a presumed reduction in religious/moral values coupled with an increase in the depiction of violence by the entertainment and informational media may increase child abuse.
    5. The child: children at higher risk for abuse include infants who are felt to be "overly fussy", handicapped children, and children with chronic diseases.

    Specific "trigger" events that occur just before many fatal parental assaults on infants and young children include: an infant's inconsolable crying, feeding difficulties, a toddler's failed toilet training, and exaggerated parental perceptions of acts of "disobedience" by the child.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    6,932
    Quote Originally Posted by tipper
    That may be true. I couldn't find anything on Google to support it but it doesn't seem unreasonable that some types of parents would overreact to toilet training issues. I did however, find a risk factors associated with child abusers. None seem to apply to the Ramseys.


    http://www.medicinenet.com/child_abuse/page2.htm

    Is there an association between poverty and child abuse?

    While children of families in all income levels suffer maltreatment, research suggests that family income is strongly related to incidence rates. Children from families with annual incomes below $15,000 per year are more than 25 times more likely than children from families with annual income above $30,000 to be harmed or endangered by abuse or neglect. Poverty clearly predisposes to child abuse.

    http://www.medicinenet.com/child_abu...#35whatfactors

    What factors predispose a person to child abuse?


    Specialists evaluating an abused child's environment and family background have noted several risk factors for potential abuse:

    1. The abuser's childhood: approximately 20% of offenders were themselves abused as children.
    2. The abuser's substance abuse: children in alcohol-abusing families are nearly 4 times more likely to be mistreated, almost 5 times more likely to be physically neglected, and 10 times more likely to be emotionally neglected than children in non-alcohol- abusing families. Of all child abuse cases, 50-80% involve some degree of substance abuse by the child's parents.
    3. Family stress: the disintegration of the nuclear family and its inherent support systems have been held to be associated with child abuse.
    4. Social forces: experts debate whether a presumed reduction in religious/moral values coupled with an increase in the depiction of violence by the entertainment and informational media may increase child abuse.
    5. The child: children at higher risk for abuse include infants who are felt to be "overly fussy", handicapped children, and children with chronic diseases.

    Specific "trigger" events that occur just before many fatal parental assaults on infants and young children include: an infant's inconsolable crying, feeding difficulties, a toddler's failed toilet training, and exaggerated parental perceptions of acts of "disobedience" by the child.
    People kill their children over spilled milk, and bedwetting...and a host of other things. It's a fact. What you've posted is interesting, but doesn't give Patsy a pass.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    1,795
    Quote Originally Posted by luvbeaches
    People kill their children over spilled milk, and bedwetting...and a host of other things. It's a fact. What you've posted is interesting, but doesn't give Patsy a pass.
    No but it does suggest the Ramseys don't fit the general profile of parents who abuse their children.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Steve Thomas comment
    By JMO8778 in forum JonBenet Ramsey
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-13-2008, 04:25 PM
  2. Steve Thomas' book
    By Jay78 in forum JonBenet Ramsey
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 12-12-2006, 12:56 PM
  3. Steve Thomas
    By sandraladeda in forum JonBenet Ramsey
    Replies: 79
    Last Post: 08-22-2006, 09:16 AM
  4. Steve Thomas Deposition
    By trixie in forum JonBenet Ramsey
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-20-2005, 05:35 PM
  5. Update on Steve Thomas
    By Tricia in forum JonBenet Ramsey
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 05-01-2004, 03:56 PM