1281 users online (209 members and 1072 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 82 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast
    Just spoke with friends who left Tampa Bay area this morning. They said roads are clear and they are trucking along at 80 miles an hour and are already above Gainesville (shhh, don't call the sheriffs on them) They said stopped every hour for dogs, and no problems with gas as the state has ensured filling stations along 75 north are good (a few closed, most open and no line today)

They were pleasantly shocked that roads are totally clear today, and that perhaps reports from the last few days scared others off.

Greg PostelVerified account @GregPostel
    Sustained 118mph, gust to 159mph reported at Falla, Cuba in the eyewall of hurricane #Irma#flwx#gawx (per Institute of Meteorology, Cuba)

Quote Originally Posted by popsicle View Post
    Wow, some expensive boats tied up to the dock in Key West. The pier and boats will be gone, just the pilings will remain. I hope the owners know that.

Deerfield Beach (east coast) Live Stream:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8B-...ature=youtu.be

___

LIVE Two Friends Roof Top Key West
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGD1...ature=youtu.be

LIVE video looking from roof top of Two Friends Patio Restaurant toward the corner of Duval and Front Street. Key West Florida.

Chicken evacuation in Key West, Fla. Better to be 'bound and taped' than to be gone with the wind !chicken evacuation.PNG
    ~ Remembering Lauren, her family & friends ~
    Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal.

jmo

Feeling calmer there is no way the water between cuba and FL can not be getting colder - its been tossed up for hours and hours -- that is what they thrive on

how could it be different??

going over cuba was not at all in it earlier also helps a ton!!
    Last edited by CARIIS; 09-09-2017 at 11:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm View Post
    Chicken evacuation in Key West, Fla. Better to be 'bound and taped' than to be gone with the wind !chicken evacuation.PNG
    Thank you! I love this! I hope they stop at the Hemingway House and grab the 55 cats!!

Harvey and Irma, Married 75 Years, Marvel at the Storms Bearing Their Names

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/07/u...e.html?mcubz=0

Meet couple Harvey and Irma from Washington

Because how could two deviating hurricanes be named after two very sweet people, 92-year-old Irma Schluter and 104-year-old Harvey Schluter.
    http://abc7chicago.com/family/meet-c...ngton/2390617/

Quote Originally Posted by bluedivergirl View Post
    I've been cleaning, too. Partly it is to fend off anxiety, partly because even the cleanest home feels dirty if it is hot and humid.

Be safe!

Did a quick cleaning this morning myself, we have tile floors (which is good) only a couple of throw rugs we picked up off the floor.

Pretty much everything here in Sarasota is closed - Publix too - ran in yesterday to get a few things and never saw so many empty shelves in my life in there Glanced out the living room window and saw people bicycling and still driving even though gas is scarce. Figured they may be attending religious services, we live next door to a Kingdom Hall, and one block over is a synagogue. We need all the prayers we can get..... but at least I can get some computer work done today. Prefer to keep my mind busy here until Irma arrives at about 2 AM or so on Sunday. DH and I are also ready to help with any local cleanups after disaster strikes.
    "Is this the Briscoe dame? Listen, I see that brat 'a yours with that gun packer, Jones." - The Texas Tornado, 1928

Page 3 of 82 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast