682 users online (82 members and 600 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 82 of 82 FirstFirst ... 32 72 80 81 82
Results 1,216 to 1,229 of 1229
    Jacksonville floods but ‘this is not Houston’

10:45 a.m.: With high tide approaching, Jacksonville’s creeks are swelling in the low-lying neighborhoods along the St. John’s River and its tributaries.

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/weat...172537476.html

Quote Originally Posted by msphilosopher View Post
    Hi all. I'm safe. Still out of power.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Glad to hear!!!!

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk
    "The truth is rarely pure and never simple" - Oscar Wilde

In my opinion....speculation

Valarico: someone here had family or was staying in Valarico. Here's a photo in town:

An Oak tree that fell across Falling Leaves Drive in Valrico, Fla.

http://qctimes.com/news/local/rick-s...a024ffc42.html

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyGirl View Post
    Valarico: someone here had family or was staying in Valarico. Here's a photo in town:

An Oak tree that fell across Falling Leaves Drive in Valrico, Fla.

http://qctimes.com/news/local/rick-s...a024ffc42.html
    Jersey- thanks for all the pics and details of damage. Much appreciated.

But for change in weather patterns, it could be me. I'm so happy so many are alive and safe!!

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk
    "The truth is rarely pure and never simple" - Oscar Wilde

In my opinion....speculation

Sir Richard Branson's Necker Island destroyed

more photos at link

http://www.express.co.uk/news/weathe...ack-noaa-video

Jacksonville under flash flood warning now....today Sept 11th at 11am
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    "Look, if any of us wanted to mind our own business, we wouldn't be here" (carbuff 8/11/13)

This post reflects my constitutionally-protected opinion. Please do not copy it anywhere else outside of the WebSleuth forum

Collier County (Naples - Marco Island - Immokalee - Golden Gate area update):

No fatalities in Collier County have yet been reported as emergency and rescue crews continue to sift through debris and move fallen power lines.

Emergency vehicles are still out in Immokalee, East Naples, Marco Island, Golden Gate Estates and other areas of the county trying to get into buildings and homes that didn’t survive the storm.

Trailers and RVs have been wrenched apart, broken water mains sprayed into the air like 12-foot fountains. Trees and power poles barricaded driveways and neighborhoods.

Residents were not allowed to return to Marco Island as of 9 a.m. because of flooding of the roads and potential damage to bridges.

Crews are still tallying and surveying the damage in Marco Island, Immokalee and other parts of the county that fared the worst to either flooding or wind,.

“It’s very difficult to say what the damage is,” he said. “We know we’ve lost structures. We know we’ve lost roofs. It may take us two, three, four days to scout the county the county to get a good handle.”

The county is still urging, begging, residents to stay off roads and in shelters while crews open the streets.

Phone system failures have been common throughout the county. The 911 system is and has been operating throughout the storm.

Extensive damage was done to the county's sprawling sewage and drinking water system. Broken water mains caused the system to lose water pressure, which put the quality of the water at risk. The county has issued a boil water notice to all of the 300,000-plus residents who are connected to the water system throughout the unincorporated county.

There was still very little gas in Collier County, and almost no retailers had opened their doors.

http://www.naplesnews.com/story/news...ies/652962001/

Quote Originally Posted by Spellbound View Post
    yes! They should be glow-in-the-dark colors!
    What you do is put cheapo LED tea lights (not the kinds like true real candles but the mini battery charged LED ones) next to the flashlights. They last for hours
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    "Look, if any of us wanted to mind our own business, we wouldn't be here" (carbuff 8/11/13)

This post reflects my constitutionally-protected opinion. Please do not copy it anywhere else outside of the WebSleuth forum

more info on MARCO ISLAND (rescues underway):

Marco Island Police confirmed that there are parts of the island, like Barfield Drive, with 1 to 2 feet of standing water. Rescue missions are underway.

The National Guard has been called in to assist. At least seven people have been rescued.

"We are now sending crews out to rescue people who elected not to evacuate. We asked citizens who wanted to stay to let us know their physical addresses, so that we could check on them post storm. Today we rescued many of them. For example, seven persons were rescued from a house on Lamplighter Drive," which is straddled by canals.

http://www.naplesnews.com/story/news...way/652302001/

Damage from Hurricane Irma can be seen on Marco Island, Fla.

Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth. Buddha
    Hey Everyone,
    I am going to start a new thread in about 10 minutes.
    Thanks,
    Tricia
    Websleuths is TEMPORARILY accepting donations.

CLICK HERE
    to visit our GoFundMe page

OR

Miami, Fort Lauderdale airports still closed

Miami International Airport and Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport remained closed Monday, as the airports assessed damage.

After a damage assessment today, we will determine if passenger flights can resume on Tuesday.”

Fort Lauderdale Hollywood Airport remains closed and has not issued an update on when it will reopen. Passengers who left their cars in FLL’s parking garages may retrieve them after 10 a.m., when the curfew in Broward County is lifted.

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/weat...172537476.html

Quote Originally Posted by msphilosopher View Post
    Hi all. I'm safe. Still out of power.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Can you give us a location for where you are (just a general area would be fine) ?
    "At Websleuths we take pride in being a notch above the rest. " Harmony2, WS
    * *. * * *. *. *. *
    Justice for Julia Niswender, murdered 12/10/2012, unsolved
    Justice for Christopher Preston 9/7/2013 - 10/10/2014; LWOP for Joseph Adams
    Chelsea Bruck, missing 10/26/2014, found 4/24/2015 ; Daniel Clay-Guilty Felony Murder/concealing body 5/16/2017
    Find Eric Franks (40) Missing from Bridgeport, MI since March 2011

Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth. Buddha
    Good Morning,

Please continue the Irma discussion RIGHT HERE!

Thank you,
    Tricia
    Websleuths is TEMPORARILY accepting donations.

CLICK HERE
    to visit our GoFundMe page

OR

Page 82 of 82 FirstFirst ... 32 72 80 81 82