Off topic, but I would like to share with you

ellen13

Reaction score
Do you ever wonder if people we are conversing with on this site know
more, or are a part of the Ram's case, family members, etc.?
I mean, my only claim to fame is that the second author of Helter Skelter
is a friend of mine. On a different note, the only other thing I can contribute is that as I was
going to college and was going to become a teacher and my college criminology
professor called me at home to talk me out of going into teaching and
to consider a career in criminology because he said I showed interest and potential. He is one of the leading experts on Serial Killers in the country. That was back when I was 21. I'm now
in my 30's. AFter 10 years of teaching (which I don't regret in the least) I feel like I really missed my calling
and should have listened to him. I mean, I think I want a job in the morgue or something. True Crime is the only thing I've been
interested in for years. Would anyone else want to share any of their backgrounds? I mean, were you all glued to the tv when Heaven's Gate
had done a group suicide, wearing purple shrouds and Nike's, back in the
mid 90's??? Everyone thought I was crazy for watching it and becoming obsessed with it. This is probably boring for some of you, so just ignore it. I think what really got me into True Crime was when I was 16 years old, living in an apt. with my mom. I was never sick, but the one day I happened to stay home sick, there was a murder next door to my apt. and I walked outside to see all of the police tape and police cars. I have to say that was the day I knew I was into it. Once I get past the initial shock and sadness of what the murder victim had gone through, I then get into my crime solving mode.
So, my question to you Websleuths and JBR followers is this, at what point did you first get interested in True Crime? Was it the JBR case, or was it before that? How long have you all been on the JBR case. Also, if anyone could contribute something about themselves, without revealing too much, would you share with me?
Thanks so much! I appreciate all of you here on the JBR site. You make my days very interesting with all of your input, you're patient with me, you're intelligent, articulate, and knowledgable, and I am honored to be associated with you all. I just wish that I knew more about the people I talk with everyday.
Ellen13-why 13? (it's my lucky number)

We know we've had case players on the forum. Some were openly so, others not.

Jayelles said:
We know we've had case players on the forum. Some were openly so, others not.
Can you lead me to a source as to who they were?

ellen13 said:
Can you lead me to a source as to who they were?
Well Frank Coffman used to post here as MaskedMan. Judith Phillips is still an active member of FFJ and her hat is Cookie.

Darnay Hoffman used to post all over the place as NewYorkLawyer or NYL. Who else?

Pam Paugh used to go into jameson's chat. I'm pretty sure Susan Stine will have posted on the forums (and I think she will have posted as a BORG given the fact that she sent BORG e-mails posing as Chief Beckner).

Jayelles said:
I'm pretty sure Susan Stine will have posted on the forums (and I think she will have posted as a BORG given the fact that she sent BORG e-mails posing as Chief Beckner).

And she can do your makeup whilst you read and post. :)

QUOTE>>I'm pretty sure Susan Stine will have posted on the forums (and I think she will have posted as a BORG given the fact that she sent BORG e-mails posing as Chief Beckner).<<

I'm not much up on what's go on in the past on the forum's because I haven't been around very long.
Why would she post as BORG?

What's a BORG? I know you told me before...sorry..but I forget!:confused:

What is FFJ?

Nehemiah said:
And she can do your makeup whilst you read and post. :)
That took a minute or so - but I get it now! I'm not sure I'd want her to. She's such a joker, goodness knows what the results would be.... Right enough - anything would be an improvement. I once entered an Ugly Contest and they barred me saying that professionals weren't allowed :eek:

Jayelles said:
That took a minute or so - but I get it now! I'm not sure I'd want her to. She's such a joker, goodness knows what the results would be.... Right enough - anything would be an improvement. I once entered an Ugly Contest and they barred me saying that professionals weren't allowed :eek:

Too funny, Jayelles. I am sure it's not quite true, though!!!

One of my favorite sayings is, "I am big enough and ugly enough to take care of myself!"

Jayelles said:

Yeah, right. I don't believe that for a minute.

Come on down here to the South and we'll give you a glass of sweet tea and line those lips and eyes. SS's got nothin' on me. LOL When John said that Patsy couldn't find her lipstick in Boulder, I can totally relate.

rashomon said:
How are the others called? BORI - Bent On Ramsey Innocence? ;)
RATS - RAmsey Team Spinners?

Seriously - the acronym BORG meaning "Believer of Ramsey Guilt" is one thing, but Ramsey supporters also attributic characteristics of the Star Trek BORGs on people who believe they are guilty - i.e. that they follow a group think "Your thought will be assimilated...". In fact, the opposite is true. They will also say that BORG means "BENT on Ramsey guilt" - i.e. determined to prove the parents guilty/wanting the parents to be guilty. That is just plain silly - especially when it is also suggested that people want the Ramseys to be guilty because they are jealous of their perfection/wealth etc. If people think that ramseys are guilty, it is generally because of their bizarre post-murder behaviour and the fact that the evidence is inconclusive and insufficient to clear them. To say that anyone is BENT on Ramsey guilt just because they follow the evidence and aren't willing to give the Ramseys a pass based on inconclusive evidence is just plain spiteful.

There is a group of case followers who will not even contemplate any degree of criticism of the Ramseys. At their forum, any poster who questions the Ramseys in any way, shape or form is attacked mercilessly until they back off or retaliate. If they do the latter, they are deleted/banned for breaking TOS.

If you look at that forum just now, there is a discussion thread about 'if you could sit with an investigator and discuss any character in the case - who would it be?' (paraphrased). Incredibly - the Ramseys are not mentioned until post 20. Basically - the members of that forum aren't interesting on knowing anythig on file about the Ramseys at all. In essence, they give the Ramseys a complimentary "pass".

As the Ramseys have not been cleared in this case, I find it truly astonishing that anyone should give them a pass to the extent that this group do. Indeed, my feelings are that it is doing the victim a grave injustice to "clear" any suspect on gut feeling.

My own gut feeling is that it is unlikely that the ramseys killed Jonbenet. However, no matter what way you spin it, the evidence doesn't clear them. Therefore, although I would leave no stone overturned looking for an intruder, I most certainly would NOT be crusading for two parents who cannot be cleared on evidence, who were insulted at being asked to take polygraphs, who wouldn't set foot in the police station and who wouldn't sit down and give police interviews until their daughter had been dead in the ground for four months!

Nehemiah said:
Yeah, right. I don't believe that for a minute.

Come on down here to the South and we'll give you a glass of sweet tea and line those lips and eyes. SS's got nothin' on me. LOL When John said that Patsy couldn't find her lipstick in Boulder, I can totally relate.
You better believe it girl. I can crack a mirror at 50 paces ;-)

Jayelles said:
[...]

If you look at that forum just now, there is a discussion thread about 'if you could sit with an investigator and discuss any character in the case - who would it be?' (paraphrased). Incredibly - the Ramseys are not mentioned until post 20. Basically - the members of that forum aren't interesting on knowing anythig on file about the Ramseys at all. In essence, they give the Ramseys a complimentary "pass".

[...]
Actually if you look around there you will find posts where people say they would have made different choices than the Ramseys. I think I would have done some things differently, but that doesn't mean I can't understand why they made the decisions they did.

As for that particular thread: We have hundreds of pages of Ramsey interviews. We know what they have to say. It's like saying further interrogations of Michael Crowe would have helped solve his sister's murder.

But we all have loose ends and curiosities about the case and those connected to it. One of my own curiosities (which I posted) is whether they enhanced the graveside tape of Patsy saying "Jonbenet, whoever did this to you..." Since to me it indicates Patsy doesn't know whoever did that to her. If she did, she wouldn't say "whoever." So why didn't BPD bust their butts to try and find out the rest of the sentence? Or did they?

I don't know what graveside tape you are talking about. Is that in ST's book? I thought the graveside taping was busted before it could take place?

My own thoughts are that there is much that we still don't know about the investigation. For example, why the big silence about a match between the fingernail and panty DNA? If there was a good chance of a match there, the notion of the panty-DNA being from a factory worker's sneeze is simply ludicrous. So why make a public announcement saying the DNA may NOT be the killers? why not make a public announcement saying that what few markers they have are a match?

Lou Smit (bless him) ONCE said the two DNA samples "matched". He never repeated it in a public interview (I don't take jameson's word for anything as she has lied to many times to suit her own agenda). However, Lou Smit also said that the blue mark was caused by a blue arc of electricity and we know that to be nonsense. He also claimed the marks were made by an Air Taser and then backed off saying that the Air taser was the "closest".

Too many inaccuracies for my comfort.

Jayelles said:
I don't know what graveside tape you are talking about. Is that in ST's book? I thought the graveside taping was busted before it could take place?

[...].
Page 233, ST's book. Perhaps you are confusing it with the exhumation which was aborted at the last minute.

Jayelles said:
My own gut feeling is that it is unlikely that the ramseys killed Jonbenet. However, no matter what way you spin it, the evidence doesn't clear them. Therefore, although I would leave no stone overturned looking for an intruder, I most certainly would NOT be crusading for two parents who cannot be cleared on evidence, who were insulted at being asked to take polygraphs, who wouldn't set foot in the police station and who wouldn't sit down and give police interviews until their daughter had been dead in the ground for four months!
Jayelles, I just had to quote this part, as it explains so well my feelings on this case. Only you, of course, put it so much better than I have ever been able to.

And you are much too beautiful inside to not be beautiful outside, so I don't believe a word you are saying about your looks. :razz:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
suvendudash
Back