1208 users online (199 members and 1009 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 87 of 87 FirstFirst ... 37 77 85 86 87
Results 1,291 to 1,300 of 1300
    Quote Originally Posted by cluciano63 View Post
    To me, some of the uproar and protests are due to the seeming lack of concern by hotel toward K's mother, as opposed to their perhaps treatment of a white woman in same circumstances but jmo. And this may have some validity.
    There's also a lot we don't know about that situation. We know that when she went to the hotel, the front desk people told her they couldn't review the security footage without the police being involved. If that's the hotel policy, you can't really blame the staff for that. Also, I thought they did help her look around on the floor where KJ was partying, and the lobby area. And when mom called the police, she didn't sound like she felt she was being treated badly by the hotel. She asked if an officer could come look at video. If the hotel staff was refusing to help her and being rude, I would expect to hear something about that on the call. Also, KJ wasn't a registered guest of the hotel, the staff didn't even know for sure that she had been there at all! There are a lot of other things to consider besides race, and we don't even know the race of the hotel employees she dealt with.

The hotel is obviously not being completely transparent and therefore any pressure on the hotel to do so, is justified. If that looks like a protest, so be it. Until they are being fully transparent, they should feel it in their pockets (and they are).

Quote Originally Posted by CleoJones View Post
    The hotel is obviously not being completely transparent and therefore any pressure on the hotel to do so, is justified. If that looks like a protest, so be it. Until they are being fully transparent, they should feel it in their pockets (and they are).
    They offered to let her view all 36 hours of security footage surrounding that night. How much more transparent can they get? Seriously. They don't have to reveal video to the public, nor to her, only LE, but they offered to allow her to view the video.

http://chicago.suntimes.com/chicago-...e-plaza-hotel/
    Let me live, so when it's time to die, even the Reaper cries. . . ~ RHCP

(Unless there's a link, it's just a my own 2˘.)

Quote Originally Posted by CleoJones View Post
    How are they not being transparent?

Nevermind. I misunderstood.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good. Romans 12:21

Quote Originally Posted by Gardener1850 View Post
    Nevermind. I misunderstood.
    Welcome to my world.
    Let me live, so when it's time to die, even the Reaper cries. . . ~ RHCP

(Unless there's a link, it's just a my own 2˘.)

The Rules in this thread are no different than any other thread.

First of all, there is no official indication that a crime has occurred.

Secondly, unless someone is named a POI or suspect in a case, do not sleuth them. You may only discuss what has been said about them in MSM or by LE. In other words, stop the sleuthing, discussion, aspersions related to the hotel, all law enforcement, and any other individual or entity that has not been officially named as responsible for what happened to Kenneka.

This is not a free-for-all, so leave those type of posts out of this discussion.

Post responsibly folks, or timeouts will be issued. No more warnings.

Quote Originally Posted by JusThaFax View Post
    There's also a lot we don't know about that situation. We know that when she went to the hotel, the front desk people told her they couldn't review the security footage without the police being involved. If that's the hotel policy, you can't really blame the staff for that. Also, I thought they did help her look around on the floor where KJ was partying, and the lobby area. And when mom called the police, she didn't sound like she felt she was being treated badly by the hotel. She asked if an officer could come look at video. If the hotel staff was refusing to help her and being rude, I would expect to hear something about that on the call. Also, KJ wasn't a registered guest of the hotel, the staff didn't even know for sure that she had been there at all! There are a lot of other things to consider besides race, and we don't even know the race of the hotel employees she dealt with.

I deal with security cameras as my workplace. We are told absolutely no one views footage without permission from owner. Your car got hit, someone got your purse out of your car..same answer I'll have to contact the owner and see if I can do that for you.
    A couple reasons
    1. If you find a crime the cops come record it. then the owner has to show up for court and testify those are his camera at his place of business. Date ,Time, and then we may be sued by someone who thinks we should have been out there guarding their car.
    2. Also you don't know if they have gave a truthful reason to view them. Someone hit my car could really be "I think my spouse is cheating and her car was parked here while I was at work" and we don't get involved in that.
    Now we have an excellent camera system the officers do come and ask to see if someone drove by out front..such as after maybe a robbery or hit and run...we do always comply with request from them.
    But I can see why they told her no.

Always My Own Opinion

This thread is now closed.

Please continue discussion at Thread #2
    Last edited by sillybilly; 09-20-2017 at 04:47 PM.

Page 87 of 87 FirstFirst ... 37 77 85 86 87