1007 users online (166 members and 841 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 87 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

IL - Kenneka Jenkins, 19, found dead in hotel freezer, Rosemont, 10 Sept 2017 #1

ROSEMONT, Ill. (WLS) -- A Chicago woman who was reported missing to police was discovered inside a freezer at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Rosemont Sunday., Rosemont police said.

The sister of 19-year-old Kenneka Jenkins told police that Jenkins was seen leaving her Chicago home at 11:30 p.m. Friday for a party at the Crowne Plaza Hotel at 54440 North River Road in Rosemont. The sister said that she had received a text message from Jenkins at about 1:30 a.m. Saturday.

Witnesses told police Jenkins was seen at a party on the ninth floor of the hotel Friday night and into the early morning on Saturday. Jenkins was reported missing at 1:16 p.m. Saturday.

After being contacted by Rosemont police, the staff of the Crowne Plaza searched the hotel and Jenkins was discovered inside a freezer early Sunday morning. Police said her body was beyond resuscitation and was pronounced dead at the scene.

http://abc7chicago.com/chicago-woman...hotel/2400501/

Ok this article says she was last seen leaving her house 11:30 p.m. Friday night this article the sister says she received a text message at 1:30am Saturday. An article says her friends got in touch with her mother after 4am on Saturday. Kenneka was reported missing 1:16 p.m. Saturday and was found 12:48 a.m. Sunday

[Modnote: Snipped because this information is not available at the MSM link and social media comments are off-limits.]

Last edited by sillybilly; 09-10-2017 at 06:55 PM. Reason: snipped due to content not available

There is a lot of social media commentary

Witnesses reported seeing Jenkins at a party on the ninth floor of the hotel Friday night and into the early morning on Saturday, police said. But at about 4:30 a.m., Jenkins' friends couldn't find her and called her family.

Jenkins' name was entered into a missing person's database at 1:16 p.m. Saturday, police said.

Rosemont police contacted the Crowne Plaza about the missing woman, and hotel employees began a search.

Jenkins' body was discovered inside a walk-in freezer at 12:24 a.m. Sunday. She was pronounced dead at the scene.

Rosemont police said they are investigating Jenkins' death.
    http://www.dailyherald.com/news/2017...-hotel-freezer
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good. Romans 12:21

@sillybilly the caption on this photograph from The Chicago Tribune reads

Alyssa Pointer / Chicago Tribune
    Surrounded by family and friends, Leonore Harris listens to a Facebook Live video that she believes pertains to the death of her sister, Kenneka Jenkins, near the Crowne Plaza hotel in Rosemont on Sept. 10, 2017.
    http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...togallery.html

Is that not msm?

Quote Originally Posted by Dénouement View Post
    @sillybilly the caption on this photograph from The Chicago Tribune reads

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...togallery.html

Is that not msm?
    Chicago Tribune is MSM

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Omg someone just posted about this on fb. If u go to her "best friend's" page you will see a lot of comments about what happened.

YIKES. This is absolutely terrifying and awful

This is beyond horrible, I need a shower and watch cute cat videos, Poor girl.
    I truly believe that compassion provides the basis of human survival. Dalai Lama

Martin said the family members stayed at the hotel until after 1 a.m. Sunday, when police informed them they had discovered Jenkins' body in the walk-in freezer.

It was not clear who located Jenkins' body, but Mack said the hotel was doing some construction in the area where she was found. Martin said she was told the freezer Jenkins was in was turned on and cold but was not being used to store food.

"I just happen to know there's work being done on some new facilities over there, so there is some construction activity where a new restaurant is being built, and (she was found) in that vicinity," Mack said. "This is not an area where anyone would typically be who was a guest in the hotel."

It is not clear whether the construction area was blocked off in any way.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...910-story.html

Quote Originally Posted by Dénouement View Post
    Martin said the family members stayed at the hotel until after 1 a.m. Sunday, when police informed them they had discovered Jenkins' body in the walk-in freezer.

It was not clear who located Jenkins' body, but Mack said the hotel was doing some construction in the area where she was found. Martin said she was told the freezer Jenkins was in was turned on and cold but was not being used to store food.

"I just happen to know there's work being done on some new facilities over there, so there is some construction activity where a new restaurant is being built, and (she was found) in that vicinity," Mack said. "This is not an area where anyone would typically be who was a guest in the hotel."

It is not clear whether the construction area was blocked off in any way.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...910-story.html
    From your link:

Jenkins' mother, Tereasa Martin, said police told her Jenkins apparently let herself into the freezer while inebriated and died inside. An autopsy was performed Sunday but it wasn't immediately clear whether foul play was suspected, according to Becky Schlikerman, spokeswoman for the medical examiner's office.
    So they think it may have been accidental, but looks like they want to make sure there was no foul play. It's possible someone could have followed her from the party and took advantage of her. That would likely show up in the autopsy, though.

Her friends had her phone, she must have left it behind. Perhaps she went to look for a restroom and got lost in her inebriated state. Wonder how high her BAC was? Kids really need to have some adults around when they're having a party with underage drinking. How was a 19 yo able to be served alcohol?

Poor girl. Condolences to her family.

ETA: There are some videos on YouTube. Not sure if authentic.
    Last edited by Betty P; 09-11-2017 at 09:27 AM.
    All statements are my opinion only.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    - Audrey Hepburn

Quote Originally Posted by perfectingpink View Post
    Yes, after reading the comments there and the video/comments on YouTube, it looks like something terrible may have happened to this young woman at the "party" in the hotel. I hope LE is reviewing these videos and questioning the "friends"at the "party".

Makes you reluctant to stay in a hotel ever again.
    All statements are my opinion only.

Rumors are all over the place on fb. I don't know what to believe.

Bird of Paradise is offline Tell me everything you saw...and what you think it means
    Quote Originally Posted by Betty P View Post
    Yes, after reading the comments there and the video/comments on YouTube, it looks like something terrible may have happened to this young woman at the "party" in the hotel. I hope LE is reviewing these videos and questioning the "friends"at the "party".

Makes you reluctant to stay in a hotel ever again.
    Makes me upset that rooms are being booked for such "parties". Where does the responsibility of the hotel begin and end? If the attendees are over 18 I suppose there's nothing a parent can do to prevent their child from attending.
    “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.” -Albert Pike

Page 1 of 87 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast