1133 users online (196 members and 937 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    I remember every night for weeks afterwards, sitting in front of the TV in horror and grief as they dug through the rubble. I still feel the pain of it today. Bless all the families who will feel today with immense grief.
    "The truth is rarely pure and never simple" - Oscar Wilde

In my opinion....speculation

Just out of curiosity, do any of you know when they started reading the names of the dead from the 1993 WTC bombing along with the dead of 9/11 at the WTC ceremony?

Thanks.
    What do we think? What do we know? What can we prove?

Today 16 years ago I was on my 2nd wedding anniversary on the other side the world to America. I saw it on live TV in the UK. It was what I thought was an American Movie on a big screen TV. I continued ordering my drink and chattering to my OH.

We were soon woken up to the reality of the situation by fellow Customers in the pub.

My Husband and I were in Dartmouth UK on 9/11 or UK time 11/9

Our thoughts and prayers are to all those that lost loved ones, To all those emergency services and to all the unsung heroes that made a difference on that day.

Such a sad and shocking day to remember.

Kind Regards to all those affected by 9/11

Reacher and Family x

Always remembered.

Sillybilly

OkieChance is offline This may be the year when we finally come face to face with ourselves. ~ HST
    To all the victims living and deceased, my heart is with you today and always. ❤️

MOO
    MOO

I will never forget this horrific and tragic day for the rest of my life. I have never forgotten the 2,996 people who died and all the fire workers, policemen and policewomen, office workers and everyone who has died of illness as a result of the attack. The world changed forever that terrible day.

The people who died in the Pentagon attack and the brave passengers on Flight 93 who died will also never be forgotten.

May all the victims who died Rest In Peace. They and all the people suffering illnesses due to the asbestos etc in the towers continue to be in my prayers.
    The man in my avatar may have killed two innocent teenagers Abigail Williams and Liberty German. If you know who he is Please call the tip line. There is a reward of $250,000 - Tel- 844.459.5786 or email: abbyandlibbytip@cacoshrf.com

There is no excuse for human or animal abuse.

I can't and won't forget. Lost a number of friends and parents of friends that day. I know children who never met their fathers. The bravery of all---innocent people at work or going to destinations, first responders and the second wave responders--- should be a beacon for what we can be and do.
    Violence diminishes our humanity. ~Coretta Scott King

I'll never forget 9/11/01. I was making breakfast for my 2 daughters, one headed to school, one to pre-school, and heard the news on local Chicago radio. I thought briefly it was a remembrance for the original attack on the WTC some years back. I had worked for a major company before I had my children, and they had an office in the WTC and I knew people affected by that original bombing.

When the 2nd plane hit, I realized this was a new event and I ran upstairs to tell my husband to put on CNN. We sat and watched the horror........I remember later that afternoon talking on the phone to my mom, and wandered outside in the yard and it was so eerie with no planes in the sky. All these lives lost. All this waste. And, only for hatred. I'll never forget.
    "Bid me run and I will strive with things impossible."
    -Shakespeare, Julius Caesar

this post is my humble opinion only

My favorite 9/11 stories: Salty & Roselle:

salty-and-roselle.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salty_and_Roselle

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2