TX - Eight people shot to death at Plano home, 10 Sept 2017

PastTense

Reaction score
Seven people were fatally shot at a Plano home Sunday evening, and their attacker was killed by a police officer. Authorities were called to the home in the 1700 block of West Spring Creek Parkway, near Custer Road, about 8 p.m. after gunshots were reported. A nearby officer responded and heard more gunfire as he arrived. "He made entry, and that's when he observed several victims inside and then engaged the suspect," police spokesman David Tilley said. The officer fatally shot the gunman, whose name has not been released. The officer was not hurt. The victims, who also have not been publicly identified, were all adults. They had been watching the Dallas Cowboys when the violence began, neighbors said. Two other people at the home were hospitalized; their conditions were not known.

A neighbor said a friend of one of the homeowners said the violence had been sparked by a domestic dispute, but police have provided no details about the relationships between the victims and the gunman. The couple identified in public records as the homeowners sought a divorce in July.
https://www.dallasnews.com/news/cri...y-shot-death-plano-home-suspect-killed-police

So sad - heard this late last night but still not much out there in terms of details.

Victim: Meredith Hight
07b0b452d381e93177e9fbc20d094564.jpg

Shooter: Spencer Hight
c2a2d6c8b8335655e56a7ed700b2312f.jpg

Divorce filing:
9f2a0ff2dd2923c15fd84a5123c05152.jpg

Those are the only 2 known that were killed so far. Other names have not been released.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nine dead now, including the gunman. Another person still in the hospital.

Arriving police officer heard active gunfire from inside the house and confronted the suspect, then killed him.

Horrible, just plain horrible. A divorce, an argument, then eight innocent people massacred at a party.

Scanner mentions suspect may have been involved in another altercation just prior. Also mentions there was a survivor with no injuries that got out.

Duplicate post

Duplicate post

I named Meredith Hight earlier in the thread with her FB. I'm not sure they were actually divorced yet. It was filed on 7-17-17 and shows as pending. Shooter was Spencer Hight and his FB is under Kal Hight.

Yeah I posted for the ex name. Her mother called him ex and his own Facebook posts he says she is his ex so yeah not sure if it was legal ex yet but def an ex of some sort:).

Yeah I posted for the ex name. Her mother called him ex and his own Facebook posts he says she is his ex so yeah not sure if it was legal ex yet but def an ex of some sort:).

I'm thinking they just called each other exes even though it might not have been legal yet. Just a guess though.

I'm thinking they just called each other exes even though it might not have been legal yet. Just a guess though.

Oh yeah I'm sure. I just called him the ex because that's how her mom described him and they were in process. Very sad stuff.

The scanner communication is heavy:(

Nine dead now, including the gunman. Another person still in the hospital.

Arriving police officer heard active gunfire from inside the house and confronted the suspect, then killed him.

Horrible, just plain horrible. A divorce, an argument, then eight innocent people massacred at a party.

Agreed!!!!

The scanner (in the heavy.com link above) mentions a female that got away unhurt, also the suspect was in another altercation or something. You hear some discussions of "another" suspect but it seems like its the same guy, he just took his anger to this house from a bar or other dwelling that night.

Awful. I'm surprised the officer entered the residence without backup. Actually, I'm surprised the officer entered at all. Would've thought the swats would've been called in.

Awful. I'm surprised the officer entered the residence without backup. Actually, I'm surprised the officer entered at all. Would've thought the swats would've been called in.

Yeah me too. He's really brave!!

On the scanner you hear him say "shots fired" then there is a minute or so pause then you hear him say "4 more shots fired". I believe if my memory is correct the next thing he says is the suspect is down as well as 8 others.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back