941 users online (154 members and 787 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Flash flood warnings in Charleston and surrounding area. Significant flooding in downtown Charleston, water breaching the battery walls downtown. 65 to 100 mph gusts on Charleston coast.

Ashley River Bridge area is flooding and closed. Conditions deteriorating at Folly Beach.

Tornado warnings in place between Charleston and McClellanville.

Channel 2 Weather Alert

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk
    "The truth is rarely pure and never simple" - Oscar Wilde

In my opinion....speculation

JACKSONVILLE, FL - URGENT Floodwaters NOW!

The Jacksonville Sheriff's Office warned people in evacuation zones A and B along the St. Johns River to "Get out NOW."

They say river is at historic flood levels and likely to get worse at high tide around 2 p.m.

On its Facebook page, the sheriff's office told those who need help evacuating to "put a white flag in front of your house. A t-shirt, anything white."

Rescue teams were ready to deploy.

http://www.sacbee.com/news/business/...172528026.html

NORTH FLORIDA - GEORGIA - ALABAMA - TENNESSEE - SOUTH CAROLINA

Forecasters expect Irma's center to move into southwestern Georgia later Monday and then into Alabama Tuesday morning and eventually western Tennessee.

Northern Florida and southern Georgia should keep getting soaked, with rain totals eventually accumulating to 8 to 15 inches. Isolated parts of central Georgia, eastern Alabama and southern South Carolina may get up to 10 inches of rain.

http://www.sacbee.com/news/business/...172528026.html
    Last edited by JerseyGirl; 09-11-2017 at 12:43 PM.

CHARLESTON, SC - tide levels during Irma could surpass those seen during Hurricane Matthew

Wind speeds up to 72 miles per hour were recorded on Folly Beach Monday morning,

SCE&G is reporting almost 47,000 outages across the state, including 10,715 in Charleston County as of 11:45 a.m. SCE&G maintains an online outage status map so you can check on what's going on in your area: https://www.sceg.com/outages-emergen...ges/outage-map

A flash flood warning has been issued for the Charleston area. Heavy rains and storm surge levels up to four feet coupled with high tide reaching Charleston after noon could lead to tidal crests exceeding those seen during Hurricane Matthew, which surpassed 9 feet.

An updated list of street closures in Charleston due to flooding can be found on the city's updated map. http://gis.charleston-sc.gov/road-closures/

https://www.charlestoncitypaper.com/...ricane-matthew

USS Abraham Lincoln aircraft carrier deployed to Key West

Today officials received word that the USS Abraham Lincoln aircraft carrier was enroute to Key West to aid in the hurricane Irma recovery efforts. There has not been any significant changes since early this morning but officials said more resources will continue to the Keys throughout the day.

Miami Dade Red Cross is bringing 10,000 Meals-Ready-to-Eat (MREs) as residents who remain behind “are consuming resources at a rapid rate.”

The Florida DOT has deemed the Jewfish Creek Bridge “safe to travel” along with the five bridges east of Key Largo that connect the Florida Keys to mainland Florida.

Power is available in Key Largo and as far south as Islamorada.

Marathon, the lower keys in Key West are still without power, water and communications. Officials are using satellite phones to relay important information.

http://keysweekly.com/42/uss-abraham...d-to-key-west/
    Last edited by JerseyGirl; 09-11-2017 at 12:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Victory View Post
    Thank you Jersey for the Valrico photo. My daughter is alive and well. She says they didnt lose power. The home she rented when she moved to Fl just a couple months ago took very little damage. A big thanks to all members for all the links and info posted and more importantly, for making me feel I wasnt alone during such a scary couple of days.
    Quote Originally Posted by BUF View Post
    We are all ok! Lots of debris, trees down, fences down (one into the pool pump!) House survived as did we! Power is out. Wild night, still gusty. All in all I'd say we are lucky!
    Quote Originally Posted by JerseyGirl View Post
    I just heard from friends who live year-round on a canal Marco Island (they evacuated) and that they received a couple of calls that their house is structurally intact and the water line did not make it into the house. *breathes extreme sigh of relief* I thought for sure Marco Island would be leveled after seeing the effects in the Caribbean.

I'm amazed at the integrity of the structures in South Florida. We should all build to these standards along the coast.
    so glad you were all able to update with your status, and VERY glad you all survived fairly well. Hope the air temp isn't too uncomfortable.

We still have a few more to "find" ... hope they aren't having to deal with total chaos still. Biting fingernails here.....

CARIIS ... are you able to peek in.... if so, how is it going there? Lady Bug still attached to you?
    "At Websleuths we take pride in being a notch above the rest. " Harmony2, WS
    * *. * * *. *. *. *
    Justice for Julia Niswender, murdered 12/10/2012, unsolved
    Justice for Christopher Preston 9/7/2013 - 10/10/2014; LWOP for Joseph Adams
    Chelsea Bruck, missing 10/26/2014, found 4/24/2015 ; Daniel Clay-Guilty Felony Murder/concealing body 5/16/2017
    Find Eric Franks (40) Missing from Bridgeport, MI since March 2011

CHARLESTON, SC - tide levels during Irma could surpass those seen during Hurricane Matthew

Wind speeds up to 72 miles per hour were recorded on Folly Beach Monday morning,

SCE&G is reporting almost 47,000 outages across the state, including 10,715 in Charleston County as of 11:45 a.m. SCE&G maintains an online outage status map so you can check on what's going on in your area: https://www.sceg.com/outages-emergen...ges/outage-map

A flash flood warning has been issued for the Charleston area. Heavy rains and storm surge levels up to four feet coupled with high tide reaching Charleston after noon could lead to tidal crests exceeding those seen during Hurricane Matthew, which surpassed 9 feet.

An updated list of street closures in Charleston due to flooding can be found on the city's updated map. http://gis.charleston-sc.gov/road-closures/

https://www.charlestoncitypaper.com/...ricane-matthew
    Just in from channel 2 in Charleston, water level breach into Charleston, has surpassed Hurricane Matthew levels.

Our power finally went off around 10:30 this morning after Irma left us for the northern part of the state - and is still off.

FPL is busy restoring power to businesses first and I need to conserve the battery on the laptop.

Oh and we need to let the front door dry out - the wood swelled up so much I couldn't get it open but DH finally did. Well we need the air circulation.
    "Is this the Briscoe dame? Listen, I see that brat 'a yours with that gun packer, Jones." - The Texas Tornado, 1928

Florida Power & Light in SW Florida said power first will be restored to essential services such as hospitals, shelters, communication centers and law enforcement, as well as getting traffic signals operational. The next step is to fix main circuits that will restore electricity to the most customers in the least time, neighborhoods come next, then individuals in remote locations.

http://www.naplesnews.com/story/news...lee/652728001/

Quote Originally Posted by MaryG12 View Post
    Our power finally went off around 10:30 this morning after Irma left us for the northern part of the state - and is still off.

FPL is busy restoring power to businesses first and I need to conserve the battery on the laptop.

Oh and we need to let the front door dry out - the wood swelled up so much I couldn't get it open but DH finally did. Well we need the air circulation.
    Glad you are safe !!

Boat Guys - Gas Station Guy - Pole Guy updates:

According to Reddit:

Boat Guys riding it out in Key West - No one has seen an updates from Ryan Stone or Dustin Greer of the boat S/V Andromedia. All cell and phone communications in the Lower Keys is out. Hopefully, they escaped the boat and are safe somewhere. Reddit users are really concerned about them so I am sure we'll have updates.
    https://www.facebook.com/29105829469...1276147008101/

Gas Station Guy in the Lower/Middle Keys - had the only gas station open during the storm and was able to help the police/fire/rescue teams

Pole Guy - I assume they are talking about the guy that tied himself to a tree on Miami beach to feel the effects of the winds? I recall seeing a newscaster showing this.
    Urgh the boat guys makes me feel sick, why would you be so nuts?! Looking at their fb pics, they look like fit men. Fingers crossed for them

In Charleston, water levels has surpassed hurricane Matthew levels and moving on to Hurricane Hugo Level of 12 feet. Levels are currently approaching 10 feet and expected to move higher. See the fire hose of water that is firing into Charleston on the radar. Flooded roads as well as the battery in Charleston are closed.

http://counton2.com/weather/radar/

Charleston County EMS has suspended services at this time until wind levels are reduced.

Channel 2 Weather alert

Quote Originally Posted by Henry2326 View Post
    Just in from channel 2 in Charleston, water level breach into Charleston, has surpassed Hurricane Matthew levels.
    Are you safe from flooding, Henry? Love beautiful Charleston, hope you are safe.

Been checking The List against today's posts and "likes" (starting at the end of Thread 2):

Haven't heard yet today from 4 Jacksonville area members, who may have their hands full dealing with flooding issues:

-Jax49
    -Tripplogan,
    -Cat99
    -JaxFlaGirl (in Calladan)

Member Shin Masamura (in Lakeland) is hopefully not also dealing with flooding--this article concerns Lakeland:

http://www.fox13news.com/news/hurric...nland-counties

Also awaiting news from the following (based on locations and news reports, they, too, may be busy dealing with flooding issues) - grouped roughly by general Florida area or coast:

-fraudqueen ("near the ocean" in n. central Florida)

-SeesSeas (Tampa/w.central area, "near Tampa Bay")
    -THATchick1021(Dunedin, Zone E - this is just west of Tampa right along the gulf coast)

-katsrfun (on opposite coast at Vero Beach, which is north of W. Palm Beach)
    -KinderedSpirits (in Miramar, n. of Miami).
    -AC's Grandma (Miami-area)

Georgia members not yet heard from today:
    -momrids6
    -southermimi

SC/NC:
    -Tabirey
    -Lonetraveler
    Last edited by PoirotryInMotion; 09-11-2017 at 01:53 PM.
    ~ Fly with the wind. ~

At 1:26 p.m., Charleston police sent out a tweet asking people to avoid the peninsula because of widespread flooding.

Here are the road closures that have been reported Monday for the Charleston area.

Charleston

Carriage Lane, a fallen tree is partially blocking lanes

Island Park Drive at Fairbanks Drive,*a fallen tree is partially blocking lanes of the traffic circle

River Landing Drive between Island Drive and Fairchild because of downed tree, access to I-526 restricted

Concord between Middle Atlantic Wharf and South Adgers Wharf

Ashley River Road between Glendale and Assembly because of a fallen tree

Battery Island Drive between Old Military and Folly

Broad Street westbound lanes between Barre and Logan

Savannah Highway north at Lockwood Boulevard ramp*

Bull at Rutledge because of a fallen tree

Savannah Highway between Lockwood and Folly*

Broad at Rutledge

Central Park Road between Fleming Road and Riverland Drive

Concord between Cumberland and Vendue Range*

Harbor View at James Island Connector and North Shore

North Market between East Bay and State

Brownswood Road at Main Road partially closed due to a fallen tree

Rutledge between Calhoun and Bull

East Bay between South Market and Cumberland

Savannah Highway at St. Andrews Boulevard ramp*

South Market between Meeting and East Bay*

Ashley between Halsey and Bull

Church at Water*

Washington between Laurens and Hasell

King at South Battery

Morrison between Stuart and Cooper

Fort Johnson at Folly

Hagood between Fishburne and Line

Washington between Laurens and Hasell

Morrison between Jackson and Lee

Ogier at Calhoun

Broad between Lockwood and Barre

Cherry between Cannon and Bee*

Riverland Drive between George Griffith Blvd and Grimball Road closed at because of a fallen tree

East Bay Street in front of the U.S. Custom House, because of water main break Sunday unrelated to the storm

North Charleston

Virginia Avenue at I-526

Mount Pleasant

A fallen tree is blocking Muirhead

Royall and Williamson

Middle between McCants and Alhambra Hall

Belle Hall Parkway near Paul Foster because of fallen tree

Long Pointe Road from roundabout to Boone Hall

Remley's Pointe at 3rd Street

Entrance to Towne Centre

Dorchester County

Highway 78 at Woodland High School due to a downed power line*across the roadway

http://www.postandcourier.com/news/a...398cae7a8.html

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast